Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

If you could make your own attraction...

We all know there are quite a few Disney, Disney/Pixar, and now Marvel movies that have no presence in Disneyland and California Adventure. The question is... if you could make an attraction based off one of the Disney films that is not featured in an attraction or even a show, what would it be? More importantly, what would your attraction be?

Unused films, in terms of attractions/rides, I could think of at the current moment include:

The Lion King
    Lady and the Tramp
    The Jungle Book
    The Great Mouse Detective
    Mulan
    Hercules
    The Princess and the Frog
    Wall-E
    Ratatouille
    The Incredibles
    Practically every Marvel movie up to this point (minus the Iron Man ride rumored for Tomorrowland)

And to also include those who yearn for original attractions, what original concept would you introduce to the park?

Let's all have some fun.
    Last edited by DrFink; 12-03-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Nic

Re: If you could make your own attraction...

Mary Poppins Skyway -

You'd fly in "umbrellas", starting in Jolly Holiday Bakery, looping the park, and ending back at the bakery.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Mary Poppins Skyway -

You'd fly in "umbrellas", starting in Jolly Holiday Bakery, looping the park, and ending back at the bakery.
    Nice Idea

Iron Man is confirmed? Since when?
    Always read the fine print.

• The doctor is in

I guess confirmed was the wrong word. I guess strongly rumored is more like it?

• ~

I would really want to make an attraction involving time travel, something on par with the detail and story level of POTC and HM. I think such an attraction would be a great addition to Tomorrowland. I came up with this story about a physicist who was outcast from the scientific community for his insane ideas about time travel and then mysteriously disappeared into the fabric of time. I actually liked how it was coming along, until I realized that my idea was spoon-feeding too much back story, limiting the room of the imagination. I might keep working with it and tweaking it and eventually post the complete idea. But whatever the final story, it would be a ride that involved jumping around from various time to time and exploring the scientific possibility of time travel.

As far as DCA, I'd make to see a train ride similar to Main Train Through Nature's Wonderland in Grizzly Peak where Guests embark on a journey through the Californian mountain to view different plants and animals indigenous to the state. But there's not really room in the land for which a thing.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 12-03-2012 at 11:52 PM.

This all sounds like it lends itself to a nice simple dark ride. So in that case, I say a Mulan. Not pirates quality obviously, but a bit more sophisticated than a FL dark ride.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

I want a dark ride based on the classic 1984 Secret Wars with more animatronics and theming than Pirates. It would be cool if they had one like the color-changing Randall on Monsters Inc to show Spidey changing from his tattered normal costume to the symbiote suit.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sultan of Swing

I want either a Rock N Roller Coaster(Not Starring No Doubt there good and all but c'mon California has better artists) maybe Van Halen or a Rock N Dark Ride featuring the Eagles with "Hotel California" and no nevermind that one. I also would like a Great Movie ride.

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I would really want to make an attraction involving time travel, something on par with the detail and story level of POTC and HM. I think such an attraction would be a great addition to Tomorrowland. I came up with this story about a physicist who was outcast from the scientific community for his insane ideas about time travel and then mysteriously disappeared into the fabric of time. I actually liked how it was coming along, until I realized that my idea was spoon-feeding too much back story, limiting the room of the imagination. I might keep working with it and tweaking it and eventually post the complete idea. But whatever the final story, it would be a ride that involved jumping around from various time to time and exploring the scientific possibility of time travel..
    Reminds me of Dr.Who although I have only heard of the show and never seen it but it sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Reminds me of Dr.Who although I have only heard of the show and never seen it but it sounds like it.
    You shoud def see it sometime.
    For the love of Disney....

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    This all sounds like it lends itself to a nice simple dark ride. So in that case, I say a Mulan. Not pirates quality obviously, but a bit more sophisticated than a FL dark ride.
    This thread isn't catering just toward new dark rides. If you have something else in mind and want to share then go on ahead.

But on the subject, I think a Mulan dark ride would be fun and could potentially be very well done. Especially during the end fight with all the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    This thread isn't catering just toward new dark rides. If you have something else in mind and want to share then go on ahead.

But on the subject, I think a Mulan dark ride would be fun and could potentially be very well done. Especially during the end fight with all the fireworks.
    I thought it was just for movie based rides? IMO most movies go best with dark rides but there are exceptios(racers, star tours).

If I could have ANYTHING, I would want a new pirates type ride but instead of pirates, you and your boat follow the adventures of Odysseus from Homer's Odyssey. Imagine facing sirens, cyclops, gods, goddesses, whirlpools and such? That is what I'd like to see more than anything.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • Banned User

Tron.

Maybe an "Up" inspired ride, or a second Toy Story themed ride.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Tron.
    Yes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast