Crowds Sat 12/22 or Christmas Day?

Which day would you say is better to go on?

I see the Sat is a major blackout day. I am not an AP holder. Does that help any? Or are both days 10s?

Re: Crowds Sat 12/22 or Christmas Day?

We have gone Christmas day in the past. It isn't too busy in the morning for the first few hours but about 10am or so it starts to get busy then in the afternoon it gets real busy. I think because in the morning all the kids are still opening the presents from Santa and then the families go to Disneyland for the rest of the day.

• Minion

Both days will be very busy, but in my opinion Christmas Day will be busier.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

Since both are blackout dates, I would expect Saturday will be less busy since it isn't a holiday. It seems like everyone comes out to Disneyland on a holiday.

• Sock Puppet

but a lot of people also think it's magical to come to Disneyland on xmas day. i been once xmas day and it was okay, it didn't seem busy to me but it wasn't empty either.

• Minion

Having gone to the park on Christmas day for a number of years now, it's hit or miss whether it is INSANELY busy, or just merely REALLY BUSY...lol It's always lovely on that day though.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

It seems Touring Plans pretty much has 10s across the board during that period. Which begs be to ask, shouldn't 10s be considered "insane?"

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

It seems Touring Plans pretty much has 10s across the board during that period. Which begs be to ask, shouldn't 10s be considered "insane?"
    NO not necessarily. Have you seen the parks on NYE? You should google a video of Disneyland Last year on NYE and watch the video.. Christmas day is a cake walk compared to NYE at the parks.Insane would be the word for that.

• Sock Puppet

Which day would you say is better to go on?

I see the Sat is a major blackout day. I am not an AP holder. Does that help any? Or are both days 10s?

oh remember that the blackout days do not pertain to premium annual pass holders.. and there is a lot of us aph's that have premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    NO not necessarily. Have you seen the parks on NYE? You should google a video of Disneyland Last year on NYE and watch the video.. Christmas day is a cake walk compared to NYE at the parks.Insane would be the word for that.
    What I mean is, 10 out of 10 should really mean park filled to capacity.

Using your example, NYE should be a 10/10 and Christmas should be an 8/10 or 9/10, right?

• Sock Puppet

i don't want to scare you but NYE is more like 50/10.. LOL 10/10 is nothing.. besides you don't really know the crowd feel till your actually there.. really i think it will be fine. its a hit or miss really.. but last year it was easy breazy!!

its magical on christmas day, i wouldn't let it stop you! don't let the 10/10 scare you.. otherwise if it does and it ends up being busy ( my busy and your busy are two different busies btw..LOL) you come find me on the boards and tell me i was wrong.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i don't want to scare you but NYE is more like 50/10.. LOL 10/10 is nothing.. besides you don't really know the crowd feel till your actually there.. really i think it will be fine. its a hit or miss really.. but last year it was easy breazy!!

its magical on christmas day, i wouldn't let it stop you! don't let the 10/10 scare you.. otherwise if it does and it ends up being busy ( my busy and your busy are two different busies btw..LOL) you come find me on the boards and tell me i was wrong.LOL
    Cool! 50/10. Yikes! LOL!

• Sock Puppet

Cool! 50/10. Yikes! LOL!
    i am being sarcastic however NYE is super busy.. christmas i havn't seen it as busy as NYE EVER.. but like it was said, it could be a hit or a miss. either way i wouldn't worry you'll be fine! just don't forget to get your hand stamped!!!

and my idea of busy is different then your's..either way DLR is magical on xmas day!

11 and 11
    With kind regards,
    The Tony