Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: December Disneyland Attire? Weather? Hotels? Etc! Need advice please.

A couple things also to remember, as people said, It could be 70 or 80 during the day, but 50-60 at night. Also pay attention to weather it's cloudy or not, clouds during the day may keep it cooler, but at night they keep the heat in. Also realize that you're in the park with 40,000 or more people, and that creates body heat. It will honestly colder waiting for the tram, and in the esplanade then it will be in the parks. I would honestly say that it's about 5 degrees warmer in the parks with all the body heat than it is outside the parks. I wouldn't bring a heavy jacket unless it's in the 40's and windy. I've learned that most times a long shirt and sweatshirt are more than enough even during the winter, and I'm a wimpy SoCal boy that needs to bundle up!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW;1056876740[B
    ]Southern California weather is weird.[/B] I say this as a local. Be prepared for the best and the worst.

It can be potentially sunny and warm in December from 11am to 3pm. You could be shedding your jackets and wearing just your T-Shirts during this time.

In the mornings and early evenings, it will be cool to cold. Start wearing your sweat shirts and jackets.

If you like to stay out late like 9pm to 1am, be prepared for the worst. Wear several layers (thermals, sweaters) with your medium weight coat. Or bring your sweaters with a heavier coat. Temperatures can reach 40s to 50s.

There could be the occasional rain. A water repellent coat is useful. An umbrella is not so useful. Consider a poncho.
    LA/OC lies in an interesting area that is near both the desert and the coastal ranges. The weather is weird because sometimes it can feel like you're in the middle of the desert and sometimes it can feel like San Francisco, often within the same day.

•   

I noticed in your opening post it says you're in Seattle. You are used to way worse cold than we are so when southern Californians tell you to "bundle up", please understand you may more likely be shrugging it off as "I don't see why they made such a big deal out of this."

Also, there are lockers on Main Street if you really do need to stash something.

Personally, I find it so cram packed with people during the last 2 weeks of December that even when you're standing in an outdoor line, you're warm. You're just stuck there elbow to elbow with a bunch of people and a bunch of body heat. I'll be going to the park tomorrow and I'm not even bringing a jacket. I no longer see the point of paying to store it in a locker all day only to dig it out at midnight before going home.

Your mileage may vary.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• I'm a fiddle player......

Im a person the doesnt get very cold very often and I also work in a freezer at my job and dont wear a jacket. That being said, in the nights I think it is cold enough for a jacket and sometimes gloves. Just be prepared beacuse you dont want to be uncomfortable while trying to enjoy the parks and perhaps leave early because of it.

The Hilton was remodeled a few years ago. It's been a family favorite. It has nice rooms and some with a view of DCA and fireworks.
    For as close as they are, the walk seems longer than you'll assume.

Layer, layer, layer. At noon, dress like a tourist. At night, dress like you're from Seattle. The temps have a wide range in December.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

We just came home today and I wore a short sleeved shirt during the day and a light jacket in the mornings/evenings.
    I also tend to be cold. But I was also managing a group of 10 which made me stressed, so I was warmer than usual from that I imagine.

•   

Hmmm, I take back what I said earlier. Maybe it does get pretty cold at night. I think I spend a lot of time at night in indoor lines or in indoor shops so I may not have noticed as much. I stand corrected.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

I will say this, it seems to be a winter season where we get a lot of rain. I'm not talking heavy doses, but seems about every 10 days since the middle of November we get a day or two of rain or light rain/mist. Keep that in mind as it will effect certain shows and rides.

Layer, layer, layer. At noon, dress like a tourist. At night, dress like you're from Seattle. The temps have a wide range in December.

^Yeah I'll take this advice to heart.

Thanks to all for the advice. Basically just dress in layers and make sure to take a jacket. I think it'll be a good idea to take a break in the middle of the day to go to the hotel, nap and change into warmer clothes anyhow. What with toddler in tow and all.
    -- Stacy from Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    I will say this, it seems to be a winter season where we get a lot of rain. I'm not talking heavy doses, but seems about every 10 days since the middle of November we get a day or two of rain or light rain/mist. Keep that in mind as it will effect certain shows and rides.
    I hadn't thought of it affecting the shows. That would suck. The last time I went that's what I enjoyed the most.
    -- Stacy from Seattle

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stacymmm View Post
    I've never been to Disneyland or Southern California for X-mas time. I will be going in twelve days (eeeeeek!) for 5 days. So southern California residents:
    1. What is the weather like in December in Anaheim?
    2. At worst what types of jackets would you wear?
    3. I've been tracking the weather online and it looks like its in the low 70's but does it get pretty cold at night?
    1. It is the most diverse.
    2. Light rain jacket (that can be compacted into a ball) with a hood (because bringing and carrying umbrellas will suck), over a sweatshirt.
    3. Last night it was in the 40's. It can get cold, it can get hot. Your best bet is to look at the weather the day before you leave. Any chance of rain should be taken seriously. So far, I see 12/17-12/19 as 64-67 high and 48-49 low. That low is like at 5AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12