Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Details on the new show in the Fantasyland Theater!

Not thrilled with the plot, but very excited to see live musicals on this stage again.
    Wonder if the audition notice is posted yet?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Epic Mickey?
    I was thinking more along the line of Kingdom Hearts since they're traveling to different movie locations rather than theme park. But it could be a combination of both since Mickey's using a paintbrush instead of a Keyblade.

• Minion

Some of the details aren't quite accurate, but for the most part, this is what's coming to the Fantasyland Theater. It's going to be spectacular with some pretty amazing effects. You'll all love it.

• ooooooOO!

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerHappy View Post
    I was thinking more along the line of Kingdom Hearts since they're traveling to different movie locations rather than theme park. But it could be a combination of both since Mickey's using a paintbrush instead of a Keyblade.
    Epic Mickey + Kingdom Hearts + Disneyland =
    .:: ::.

• Minion

It actually feels like the Epic Mickey plot line with Animazement flair. Super excited for this! 2013 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for the resort, in my opinion.

• No Disassemble!

I'll put my money on this being based on the Epic Mickey franchise because of the following:

a) Disney won't green-light attractions where the theme isn't based on or doesn't help promote one of it's recently established franchises.

b) It's the perfect opportunity to introduce Oswald to the resort. Since he is Mickey's co-star in both Epic Mickey I and II it's a given that he would have a major role in the new show which could lead to things like his own meet & greet.

c) It's also the perfect opportunity to introduce WDW's interactive park-exploration game "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" to the resort. The synopsis leaves the plot open to throw in an interactive scavenger hunt game where guests can help Mickey (and Oswald?) fix the mistakes he made throughout the park. Not to mention that Disney can sell magic paintbrushes to kids that are necessary to interact with the kiosks. Ka-ching!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Always nice to see some gender neutral offerings in the parks these days. Can't wait for this show since imo, mickey is somewhat underrepresented in the parks. He's a mascot with "some imagination" but...not much else. Would have preferred him to have his own ride though.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Banned User

These shows have a bad reputation. Disney makes terrible original stage shows. Comparing this to something as epic and beautiful and WOC, is giving it waayyy too much credit. Of course, we won't know til we see it, but their stage shows are much better when based off of a film. Compare Spirit of Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast Live and Hunchback Fesitval of Fools to some of the mindless original stuff they've created. They tend to get the most corny/cheesy, toddler level shows, they can half bake up. I'm glad the theatre is opening back up, as this will shut down ridiculous fan made rumors that it was being demolished, but it better be GOOD.

• Selfie Expert

I am actually VERY excited about this!! I was never really one to care about seeing any shows while at DLR, but after seeing Aladdin a couple months ago, and really enjoying it, I'm trying to make it a point to catch more of their entertainment offerings. I'm just hoping this will be up and running before my AP expires!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

Oh no. Please tell me this isn't going to be an Epic Mickey tie-in.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Sounds new and interesting

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Still wondering if they will find a way to darken or enclose the theater to better allow for video projections and lighting?
    Just looking at the current construction I would say no. It just looks like they are trying to bring it back to where it was before the princesses moved in.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Sounds similar to Epic Mickey.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    These shows have a bad reputation. Disney makes terrible original stage shows. Comparing this to something as epic and beautiful and WOC, is giving it waayyy too much credit. Of course, we won't know til we see it, but their stage shows are much better when based off of a film. Compare Spirit of Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast Live and Hunchback Fesitval of Fools to some of the mindless original stuff they've created. They tend to get the most corny/cheesy, toddler level shows, they can half bake up. I'm glad the theatre is opening back up, as this will shut down ridiculous fan made rumors that it was being demolished, but it better be GOOD.
    Yeah, I have to say that when I was looking at Yesterland, it seemed like some of the shows were really cheesy. I mean, the writing was certainly biased, but it might have been a little too heavy-handed. It's also a lot easier to build off of something rather than start from scratch, leading to an over-all better production.

• HYDRA

there is epic mickey merchandise
    there is the game
    NOW THE SHOW!!!!!!
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast