Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Details on the new show in the Fantasyland Theater!

From the time I saw my very first stage show at Disneyland, "The Magic of Christmas" (circa 1979) to their last one, which was Snow White...An Enchanted New Musical, there have been many to see & experience. Some were odd and rather cheesy, but many were very enjoyable to watch and fall in love with. And coming from an era of the 80's when Disneyland used to give us several different stage shows throughout the year, I would say shows like, "Show Biz Is..." and "Disneyland Is Your Land" rank as tops in my book!

A time when "The Kids of the Kingdom" used to rule the stage with dancing & singing. When both the boys & girls looked clean-cut & wholesome, and when the girls wore flowing dresses and character shoes when they danced. When you could hear the music and sing to it, or tap your toes with the beat, without it sounding like rap or "house music". When the concept of the show was simple, yet very entertaining! I miss those days...a lot!

The premise of this new show that I just read sounds very interesting. But it's hard to judge something without really knowing more about it. It sounds like Animazement 2.0, which is fine, cuz I really did enjoy the original Animazement. I'm just hoping for a lot of musical dance numbers!! Only time will tell, but I'm still holding out hope that it will be amazing!

I just have to keep reminding myself that at least Disney is bringing this venue back to it's original form and using it as a stage show location.

Anymore details? Any confirmation on the title?
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

• Parking Lot > DCA

Holding my breath until something official is announced.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I was hoping for Tangled.....but this seems like it would make more sense....seems more for kids...then a stage show like Aladdin

• I am number 4 of 999

Sure does sound like Epic Mickey! Without the "Epic" part...
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

ORWEN: Us Cauldron girls are very happy to hear that Disneyland will have stage shows again. We were actually there the day they started ripping up all those metal seats where the audience used to sit. This was in Sept of 2006 and we had also just seen the last performance of the Snow White stage show. When they turned it into a mostly meet and greet thing that didn't appeal to us at all. We're glad they're building an indoor meet and greet for princesses next to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

ORDDU: Of course it would be so much nicer if they would enclose the theatre so it wouldn't have to compete with noises from the Disneyland Train station nearby. It can be so jarring to hear those train whistles while trying to enjoy a musical stage show. We had heard rumors that the stage would eventually be enclosed but now it seems it will not be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123