Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Johnny and Me!

Re: The Joy of Fastpass 2

Last Sunday, I tried to get FPs for Autopia and Roger Rabbit while holding a FP for Space Mountain. Unfortunately, both have been "networked" and would not give me a FP.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    Tragedy!! D'oh!

Are the other ones accurate on the list?

Thanks for the update!
    You're welcome!

I didn't check any others.

• The Pumpkin King

I'm totally confused on how this works, I must be stupid or something.

Putting a call out to all the helpful Micechatters: I'm taking my family down for our first trip in 3.5 years, and confirmation as to whether any Attractions are unnetworked in both parks would be helpful. If all of DL is networked, it seems at least probable that all of DCA (or all but RSR?) is, as well . . . .

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Monoautorail View Post
    Putting a call out to all the helpful Micechatters: I'm taking my family down for our first trip in 3.5 years, and confirmation as to whether any Attractions are unnetworked in both parks would be helpful. If all of DL is networked, it seems at least probable that all of DCA (or all but RSR?) is, as well . . . .
    RSR is not, but that is all I can confirm from my visit last week.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Here's my own update:

There are no non-networked Attractions in Disneyland (confirmed 6-10-2013).

Non-networked FPs in California Adventure: Radiator Springs Racers (the FP states explicitly that you can get another FP); California Screamin'; World of Color (WoC tix were available until after 7:00 p.m. on 6-12-2013, btw).

One other note, if you happen to be going very soon: on 6-13-2013, Tower of Terror was operating at only 1/3 capacity and sold out of FPs before noon. The FP line took 45 minutes, and standby was 140 minutes, because of the low capacity. Per a CM, the 2 elevator shafts that were closed were closed due to "safety" reasons (Cal-OSHA?), and would be "at least all this week," whatever that means. Get those ones early!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monoautorail View Post
    Here's my own update:

There are no non-networked Attractions in Disneyland (confirmed 6-10-2013).

Non-networked FPs in California Adventure: Radiator Springs Racers (the FP states explicitly that you can get another FP); California Screamin'; World of Color (WoC tix were available until after 7:00 p.m. on 6-12-2013, btw).
    Thank you for your very helpful update. I think the OP should update the first entry in this thread.

**** UPDATE: The first entry of this thread HAS been updated as of November 2013. Thanks. ****
    Last edited by evergreen; 12-29-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Update

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Just bumping this thread to keep it open.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on this since the big change referred to in this thread (honoring the return time strictly). Can anyone please let us know what it's like to be in Disneyland lately when it is BUSY and using the "new" fastpass rules?

The old "way" of coming back late to each ride worked well for us as visitors as it freed us up to return when we were able and I'd love to know what it's like now, to ABSOLUTELY return during the open time frame only - what is the day like for you now with this new enforcement?

You have a one hour window, and you know exactly what that window is BEFORE you elect to get a FP. It's really not that big a deal, which is probably why there is not much discussion about it.

Nice touch that they let you know before you get the pass, when the return time is. Appreciated.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The return times are clearly posted at the Fastpass distribution areas visible from the pathway to help with planning. Another tip is that they can check the return time windows at the hub wait time board. Not sure if the walk to Space from the castle for a Fastpass is worth it? Check with the attendant at the wait time board first.

•   

The Cm's sometimes let you slide in 20 min early or late depending on wait time and who the CM is. Also if your by yourself they will usually let you through. At TOT they are usually pretty lenient

Quote Originally Posted by Droberts1395 View Post
    The Cm's sometimes let you slide in 20 min early or late depending on wait time and who the CM is. At TOT they are usually pretty lenient
    The are certain times when a CM is very unlikely to let you in early.(Shows, cast member/AP previews, backed up Fastpass queues.) Otherwise the rule of thumb is five minutes early, 10 minutes late. Anything over 10 minutes late but under an hour late usually requires a receipt proving you had a dining reservation but some CMs will take your word.(Note: if the Fastpass queue is backed up, you're rude, or you look like an AP trying to cheat they will be stricter.) Don't even try being over an hour late unless there was a breakdown when your return time was. The last three peak seasons I luckily never had to deal with rejecting moderately(11-60 minutes) late Fastpasses but I'm positive we're stricter the busier it is/the more Fastpasses that are distributed.

This also applies to DAS card return times, not just Fastpasses. However, DAS card return times, at least the way they were explained to me, don't expire since you can't get another return time without crossing off your current one. Seriously though, go on Teacups, Pinocchio, Maters, Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear or Winnie the Pooh instead of trying to show up half an hour early for your Peter Pan/Toy Story/E-ticket DAS card return time.

• Party Planning King

What's the verdict on the newly reopened Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Fastpass machines. Has anyone tested it out to see if it returned networked on un-networked? Sorry if I messed a post about it.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast