Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Joy of Fastpass 2

I have a question. I have relatives coming in from out of town tomorrow. They will have park hopper tickets, if they are in Disneyland can I go get world of color fast passes for us all with their tickets even if they haven't checked into DCA?

• Under that tree again!

Yes. Once tickets have been used to enter a park, they are activated for the day and can then be used to get FPs.

Don't worry about hurrying to DCA to pick up the WoC FPs. They last into the late afternoon or early evening.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Is there any update on what rides are off the grid, espically with the reoped thunder?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Bump

• Boise Mouse

Talking Re: The Joy of Fastpass 2

Anyone have updates for off network attractions... or any other new FP info?

It's been 18 months since my last visit. T-minus five days! Thursday, I will be..... the first one in line for ropedrop at Paradise Pier, brandishing Minnie Mouse nails, holding a cup of jo, and clearly, the person with the biggest smile on her face!

Cheers!

Pretty sure everything is back on the grid. Fastpass return times are being enforced.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Is Radiator Springs Racers still not networked?

Is FANTASMIC networked?!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Is FANTASMIC networked?!
    I'm not sure when Fantasmic!'s Fastpass system comes online, but when it does it will not be networked.

Is Haunted Mansion Holiday Fastpass currently running and is it networked?

Does Star Tours currently have fastpass? I've subscribed to ridemax and churned out a lot of schedules but I noticed that none of them incorporate a fastpass for star tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Does Star Tours currently have fastpass? I've subscribed to ridemax and churned out a lot of schedules but I noticed that none of them incorporate a fastpass for star tours.
    Yes, I think Star Tours has fastpass available.

To whom it may concern

I subscribed to ridemax and studied many many scenarios for the busy holiday season. I eventually visited Disneyland yesterday, Saturday Jan 3rd. It was an immensely successful visit in terms of rides and I thought it might be interesting to post my morning experience for this busy day at the park.

I ended up ditching my ridemax schedules although they were fascinating to study beforehand. They always lumped fantasyland rides (dark rides) furst thing in the morning but I noted on the mouse-wait app that rides like Pirates, Mansion, Big Thunder and Space had extremely long wants by midday and Indy / Space sell out if fastpass altogether by about 130pm or so in the holiday season. This is crucial to understand! Ridemax takes this into account somewhat but was WAY OFF in terms of Big Thunder fastpass usage and availability, I noticed days leading up to my visit by running ridemax schedules and comparing them to mouse-wait times.

I'm glad I did: the mouse-wait times and fastpass availability notes on that app where FAR more accurate than ridemax in a couple of areas.

The basics for me are this- I like big gratification first thing on my visits and this us helpful with my son too, to give him great rides at the beginning of the day which also works for fastpass availability. Priority is to get Indy, Space, Mansion, Pirates done or at least booked on fastpass before lunch. If it helps others, here's what I did to get the big rides in early and avoid being locked out of fastpass or stuck in huge lines later on a busy Saturday :

(I realize every visitor has different needs, but I assume many of us want to get the major rides in on a busy day)

825 am got fastpass at Indy.
    835 rode Big Thunder, you could ride it twice as lines weren't yet over 15minutes long.
    Pirates (5-10 minute wait, note midday wait would be 60mins!!)
    Haunted Mansion (no wait) (more later in the day up to 90minutes!)
    Grabbed a fastpass for Space Mountain as the availability to get my next pass opened. (READ your ticket fully!)
    Rode Indy using first fastpass. (later in the day standby would be 90 minutes!)
    Rode Matterhorn (20 minute wait (later would be 60 minutes!)
    Rode Alice in Wonderland (personally wanted to see the upgraded version!) 30 minutes.
    Went to Indy to pick up a second Indy fastpass as the Space Mountain fastpass said I could collect another ticket after a certain time...
    Rode Space Mountain using its fastpass.
    Dined at Blue Bayou (booking was reserved for 12:50).

A great morning that covered a lot of ground! With a second Indy pass ready after lunch!

The early start is key! And read your pass to grab the next one asap!

Ridemax had suggested fantasyland dark rides right away after getting the Indy pass on arrival, and left Big Thunder for around 5pm to ride and get a 2nd pass for but also studying Mouse -waits days before I "knew" it would be too late with much longer wait times etc. Instead I rode those major rides you see listed above, and got a 2nd Indy in the afternoon and a 2nd big Thunder via another fastpass obtained in the afternoon to return to ride in the evening. As I had worked our beforehand, getting a fastpass around lunch time for Space would have meant an ELEVEN PM return time (no way!) and no passes available past about 130pm (sold out), similar for Indy. Ridemax was sometimes wrong here suggesting Space passes (in some scenarios) for approx midday or so saying 5pm return (IE ridemax estimate was off by five hours!). Ridemax was also way off for Big Thunder evening wait times and fastpass availability. I left the fantasyland dark rides for whenever we walked by later and could see they were spit 10-15 minutes. I already decided on no PeterPan though (just takes too long).

In Ridemax' defense some scenarios suggested to get a Space fastpass first thing. Overall I do recommend Ridemax but in these two areas (Jan 3rd midday fastpass for Space and 5pm Big Thunder times) it was clearly wrong for my date. It just worked better for me to ditch it as it turned out on my day. Ridemax does teach you a lot of logic if you study multiple scenarios and it was super fun learning what it offers. It also taught me expected return times for next fastpass pickups as previously I was used to Disney being OK with ignoring return times.

intentionally after this awesome morning we did Buzz light year Astro Blasters,, Tom sawyer island, Nemo submarines, innoventions, 2nd Indy and big Thunder, evening fantasyland dark rides,and jungle cruise.

On top of all this we knew we'd need to leave the park at 830pm. It all worked out great and I hope the experience is helpful to others if visiting on a busy day.

Key- get there as early as possible and if you want to do major rides do them or get fastpass especially for them as soon as you possibly can. Aim for before lunch"!
    Last edited by Mousing Around; 01-05-2015 at 12:04 AM.

• Honeymooned @ DL in 1974

My wife and I are visiting DLR the last week of February after a 15 year absence, can't wait! My question is, can we get fastpass's during early entry? We'll be there for three days so lots of strategic planning to do.

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    My wife and I are visiting DLR the last week of February after a 15 year absence, can't wait! My question is, can we get fastpass's during early entry? We'll be there for three days so lots of strategic planning to do.

Thanks for any help.
    The simple answer is "No." FastPass distribution does not begin until regular park hours. That having been said, being there when fastpass distribution first comes online can usually get you a fastpass that is usable in about 45 minutes from issuance. Save that for a very popular ride (Star Tours or Space Mountain) and aim at using it near the end of your return window, allowing you to get a 2nd Faspass only 45 minutes after general park opening. The return time on the 2nd pass shouldn't be too long a wait either, (typically usable before 10am) since it's issued so early in the morning.

Current FastPass rides and connections:
    DCA
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Soarin' Over California (in refurb; reopens 5/15/15)
    Grizzly River Run (in refurb; reopens 3/20/15)
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    California Screamin'
    Goofy's Sky School
    World of Color (disconnected; in refurb; reopens 3/13/15)
    Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet (disconnected)

DL
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Splash Mountain (in refurb; reopens 4/3/15)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    Autopia
    Space Mountain
    Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    Fantasmic! (disconnected)

Also, the following non-FastPass rides will be closed during the last week of February:
    DL
    Captain EO (reopens 2/28/15)
    Matterhorn Bobsleds (reopens 5/16/15)
    Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes (reopens 4/3/15)
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (reopens 4/3/15)
    Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (reopens 3/3/15)
    Peter Pan's Flight (reopens 5/8/15)

DCA
    Muppet*Vision 3D (reopens 6/1/15 ... maybe)
    Character Close-Up (reopens 6/1/15 ... unlikely)
    Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar (reopens 10/3/15)
    Taste Pilots' Grill (reopens 3/13/15)
    It's Tough to Be a Bug! (reopens 3/27/15)
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (reopens 3/4/15)
    Ariel's Grotto (reopens 2/28/15)

Have fun!
    Last edited by RobertaME; 02-13-2015 at 12:43 AM.
    ---
    Once Upon a Time, in Anaheim... Anaheim, California...

DLR 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2013 with 2015 later this year...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast