X-Posted: lastminutetravel.com requests?

(I posted this in the hotel reviews section too I just went on there and reserved a hotel for a great price but it says it's on request. The explanation given is that the inventory reserved for them has been sold already but they are negotiating for more. Has this ever worked out for anyone? They are still advertising that hotel right now.
    -- Stacy from Seattle

• some assembly required

Re: X-Posted: lastminutetravel.com requests?

Do you have a back-up plan?
    They can be notorious for not "having enough". It is like a NYOP (name your own price) meets some sort of clearing house.
    If they wait too long, you do have the right to back out so that you have enough time to get your room (or whatever it is you are seeking).

In the immediate DLR area, this type of company has a hard time filling requests due to the popularity of the area.
    Yikes, I know my post sounds so doomsday-ish, but I just want you to be aware of what you are up against, to make a plan B, and to know you can back out of the request X# of days/hours before your check-in date - you would have to check the agreement you are in for this date you can start backing out.

Hope all goes well!!!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by stacymmm View Post
    (I posted this in the hotel reviews section too I just went on there and reserved a hotel for a great price but it says it's on request. The explanation given is that the inventory reserved for them has been sold already but they are negotiating for more. Has this ever worked out for anyone? They are still advertising that hotel right now.
    I use them all of the time...

Basically if it's getting close to the time and it's been over a day or two, call them, they have really nice agents and can usually work out. They're also able to refund you. If you call them, they will flat out tell you which hotel it is (if you don't know yet). They can also find one you might want by name instead. (They are allowed to give more information out over the phone). They have a US based Call center (it's in Florida). I once had a hotel reservation in Las Vegas with them, my wife got sick (ended in the hospital), I called them with less than 24 Hrs to go, and they were able to refund my money... really good customer service (they're BBB A+ Rated in Fact).

I stay at the Hilton through them all of the time, with the refurbishments going on there, there's quite a few rooms available, they can probably get you in there. (Don't worry, the refurbishments are on the street, and it's really nothing major, only working during the daytime, it's part of the convention center upgrades).

I use them so much, I'm a member of their club (which they offer free to returning customers), it's the same site but since it's technically behind a paywall, you see all of the hotels and get a few more $$$ off per night and perks.

(Hint with them, when you get a map of the hotel's location make a cross hatch in the map, it may be pointing to the exact location of the hotel (wink, wink)).

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post

In the immediate DLR area, this type of company has a hard time filling requests due to the popularity of the area.
    Yikes, I know my post sounds so doomsday-ish, but I just want you to be aware of what you are up against, to make a plan B, and to know you can back out of the request X# of days/hours before your check-in date - you would have to check the agreement you are in for this date you can start backing out.

Hope all goes well!!!
    I've never had a problem with them, although I usually admit I'll skip the "on request" unless I have a few weeks to play with. If you call them, they're really good and can usually get it figured out ASAP. You should have a response within a business day for a request.

The company is BBB A+ rated (Tourico), and according to the 4 Hotels I've stayed at using them are well liked, which is why they have the extra perks (like free parking and "Resort fees" at the Hilton).

they basically purchase a set of rooms at the hotels... the Hotels get money if they sell the rooms or not... when they run out of those rooms, they have to basically put a purchase request to the Hotel... the delay is usually the hotel getting back... but if you call them, they can call the hotel directly and get it settled ASAP.