Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: High wind warnings

Also, if there are high winds you may also see umbrellas over tables closed and I think awnings too! As funny as that sounds, I'm serious, I've seen it.

• Minion

King Arthur's Carousel does not operate during high winds.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Fireworks go quickly from a reduced show to cancelled.
    They've never put on a reduced show. the show may be stopped half way through but thats never planned out. If its windy: no show

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    The "aww" that comes from everyone in the hub sounds like a studio audience from a 70's sitcom.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Jj94 View Post
    I don't know if this matters much to you, but the Golden Zephyr will also close during high winds.
    Hey, I really like the Golden Zephyr! It's my second favorite simple ride after Dumbo because, like Dumbo, it offers excellent views & the feeling of flight. (Why is it the GOLDEN Zephyr & not the Silver Zephyr?)

Back to the thread topic: if the winds are strong enough, the Skyway might shut down.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Back to the thread topic: if the winds are strong enough, the Skyway might shut down.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    They've never put on a reduced show. the show may be stopped half way through but thats never planned out. If its windy: no show
    You are incorrect. Fireworks can be limited from being the full show.

• A Weather Eye Open

I don't know why anyone would complain about fireworks being canceled. I just don't understand; it's not a seperately ticketed event where you have to pay to watch the show. It's one of the best fireworks shows in the world and it is free; you can stand in the esplanade with a great view for $0.00! The only thing anyone is out is any time they put into getting a spot.
    Only APs come in for JUST fireworks at night and leave again; anyone else with a ticket is going to get their money's worth by a full day or even half day of other fun offerings at the park.

And if the wind is blowing the wrong direction, the burning fireworks fallout is going to land directly on the audience. I think if you told a complainer that the option other than canceling the show would be for them to get hit in the head with a flying cardboard tube and have their hair singed, they might rethink their position.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Just drawn that way

I have seen on a few (very rare few) times when I worked there it was soooo windy that tables, umbrellas and trash cans were flying or being pushed with so much force that the park closed 2 hours early due to 'dangerous weather conditions.'
    But as I said this is very rare.
    Also sunglasses are a good thing to have if the wind changes directions during a show.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You are incorrect. Fireworks can be limited from being the full show.
    Actually I was there one time when the fireworks were stopped mid-way due to high winds. After exiting the hub we walked towards Tomorrowland to go on SM. In the distance behind Innoventions the night sky occasionally would light up as if lightning was going off in the distance. And then it dawned on me that it was Friday and the Angels were having a home game that day. After every Friday home game they have a fireworks show.

And then I thought, why do high winds cause the Disneyland fireworks to cancel but apparently not the fireworks at Angel Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Actually I was there one time when the fireworks were stopped mid-way due to high winds. After exiting the hub we walked towards Tomorrowland to go on SM. In the distance behind Innoventions the night sky occasionally would light up as if lightning was going off in the distance. And then it dawned on me that it was Friday and the Angels were having a home game that day. After every Friday home game they have a fireworks show.

And then I thought, why do high winds cause the Disneyland fireworks to cancel but apparently not the fireworks at Angel Stadium?
    I've also been in the park a few years ago where the wind and rain were so bad all nightly shows were cancelled and the park was closed two hours early. Of course by that time, most rides had closed down as well and the number of castmembers was probably greater than the number of guests in the park. The cost of a Disney fireworks show is thousands of dollars (I've heard anywhere from 30 to 60 thousand dollars depending on who you believe).

The one thing is that really amazed by is how fast a large scale firework show can be suddenly aborted. It seems like in the blink of an eye everything stops, the lights come on, and you the Disney guy come over the loudspeaker "Due to....". It was almost like hitting a light switch
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post

The one thing is that really amazed by is how fast a large scale firework show can be suddenly aborted. It seems like in the blink of an eye everything stops, the lights come on, and you the Disney guy come over the loudspeaker "Due to....". It was almost like hitting a light switch
    It is like hitting a light switch as the entire show is computerized. I've heard that these shows have an emergency stop switch but I'm not sure if there is much truth to this

• Big Thunder

Well it's Sunday night, we watched the 9:00 Fantasmic presentation and there wasn't even a whiff of a breeze. It was stunningly great! Either the weatherman was desperately mistaken about the high winds, or I'm better at praying than I thought. Either way, I just want to thank everyone for your input and say never mind.
    Disney Fan in the Great White North

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Was there yesterday. Absolutely no wind. In fact, during the fireworks, there was such little wind, that by the end of the show, you could barely see some of the fireworks because the smoke hadn't been blown away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12