View Poll Results: Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 21.05%
  • No

120 78.95%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed?

I like DCA. Bug's Land could be in any of the California forests, so it's cool by me. Outside of LA, San Diego and Frisco, seems to me there's plenty of forest, and in my experience, there's plenty of bugs.

Little Mermaid doesn't fit, true, and it's too small, but enh, it's Disney and it's a theme park experience, and if there's one reason I love Southern California, it's because of all the theme parks we happen to have, safe places we can go and hang out.

• The doctor is in

It never really bothered me. I think we are at the point where we see what California Adventure is going to be for a long time to come.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The whole place is mostly a disaster. Sell it to Universal. Seriously.

Oh, what Disney once was....
    The whole place is most certainly not a disaster. While bugsland and parts of Hollywoodland need some fixing, Carsland, Paradise Pier, Buena Vista Street, Grizzly Peak, and Condor Flats, are all outstanding in theme and attractions.

Just wondering, have you been to CA Adventure since the massive renovation?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Just this guy......

Phase one of the DCA makeover is now done. I think that the quality of this phase was outstanding and make me think that phase two will also be great.

• Banned User

I'm not seeing how it's not completely California themed. People are mentioning Hollywoodland a lot and yes, that needs more work, but it's still California. And Bug's Land could be anywhere, so that doesn't really break the theme, and Carsland is tied to Route 66, so that doesn't break the theme and Mermaid fits the theme/period of PP, which fits the theme of California, so that doesn't break the theme. So what am I missing? We need a 3rd option on that poll that says, "Actually, it doesn't break it at all". The only outlier I can think of is Monsters Ink, which is the only thing that really needs to go, and I've a feeling it will in Phase 2. Speaking of, when does that start??? Obviously they're not done.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The only outlier I can think of is Monsters Ink, which is the only thing that really needs to go, and I've a feeling it will in Phase 2. Speaking of, when does that start??? Obviously they're not done.
    It's so sad that they placed Monsters Inc. where it is, it's a great ride, but clashes with Hollywoodland, and will most likely be replaced.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Hello Dolly.

I'm fine with it. All lands besides Bugsland reflect some sort of California. Even Bugsland could be taking place on someone's lawn in California.

I, as with some of the others who have posted in this thread, never really cared for the California theme, and always thought that it would eventually be replaced and the name of the park would need to be changed also.

It sure seems like we are headed in that direction.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

The California theme was not the issue, execution was. Buena Vista Street is a prime example of what you can do with the theme all throughout the park. It doesn't have to be modern, it can be historical as well. I feel there was a missed opportunity, instead they gave up far too easily and took the easy way out with Pixar.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    I, as with some of the others who have posted in this thread, never really cared for the California theme, and always thought that it would eventually be replaced and the name of the park would need to be changed also.

It sure seems like we are headed in that direction.
    It's exactly the opposite. The entire revamp has reinforced the theme. What are you talking about?

• Banned User

I liked it better when it was the Disneyland Parking Lot, but seeing as how it's here now and not likely going back to being my beloved Parking Lot again anytime soon, I'm not entirely sure what in it isn't Californian. Like others have stated, A Bug's Land could be anywhere in California, but on top of that, it's from Pixar, which is based in California, so it could be viewed as a tribute of sorts to Pixar creativity, as could the other Pixar-related attractions. But anyway, although it looks better now than it did in its first incarnation (Radiator Springs at night is particularly pretty, as the "Disneyland Resort in Fog" thread proves), in many respects, DCA is still just Disneyland 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The California theme was not the issue, execution was. Buena Vista Street is a prime example of what you can do with the theme all throughout the park. It doesn't have to be modern, it can be historical as well. I feel there was a missed opportunity, instead they gave up far too easily and took the easy way out with Pixar.
    ^ YES. This x100. Not only does it not have to be modern, it shouldn't be. Disney excels when it's transporting you to another time in another place, not whem recreating modern reality.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    To me, it has Disney, it has California, and it has Adventure, so it sticks completely to its name.
    Well said! Sooooo to-the-point.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

I think Disney finally got it right with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, use the same formula with any future renovations and things will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I'm not seeing how it's not completely California themed.
    Then what are people here always talking about when they say it's not?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast