View Poll Results: Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 21.05%
  • No

120 78.95%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed?

As we all know....

DCA started as a park full of California-themed adventures ("Disney's California Adventure Park").

DCA is now an adventure park located in California ("Disney California Adventure"), but not completely California-themed.

Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed? (It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm curious about everyone else.)

•   
    • Minion

Re: Does it still bother you that DCA is not 100% California-themed?

Not at all... It;s in California and it's and adventure for me. The park was horrible as a all California based park it needed something to help it and now it's awesome with still room to grow.

• Minion

I don't care. I guess the only section that, I guess isn't Californian, is a Bug's Land.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

not in the least. I didn't ask for a California themed park to begin with.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• ~

Definitely. It's the theme of the park. Its lands and attractions should reflect that theme.

"To all who come to this place of dreams, welcome. Disney California Adventure celebrates the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed- and were forever changed by- The Golden State. This unique place embraces the richness and diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire.
    Robert A. Iger, June 15, 2012"

The idea of a park celebrating the history, people, nature, geography, adventure, romance, and stories of the Golden State is a terrific idea. The parts of the park that have cohesive theming are beautiful and something that the park needs more in order to continue improving into an experience that really compliments its sister park.

• Minion

I feel that Hollywoodland still needs to be revamped to have more movie making type attractions.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Is it a great park?
    yes so it does not matter

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I feel that Hollywoodland still needs to be revamped to have more movie making type attractions.
    Agreed. Its current state is a muddled mess of different time periods and incoherent franchises.

I'd love to see the modern elements of the land removed to emphasize and enhance its 1930's theme. Make the whole land more classy and immersive and magical.

I actually like the way its moved away from strict california theme. Now the park uses california as more of a launch point for more creative ideas. Like how not EVERYTHING at TDS is strictly sea related, DCA is more a dedication to the spirit, and ideas of CA, rather than a literal translation. Even the dedication highlights more of the abstract qualities of California .
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I actually like the way its moved away from strict california theme. Now the park uses california as more of a launch point for more creative ideas. Like how not EVERYTHING at TDS is strictly sea related, DCA is more a dedication to the spirit, and ideas of CA, rather than a literal translation. Even the dedication highlights more of the abstract qualities of California .
    Good point. California could be actually viewed as more of a state (no pun intended) of mind. So no, it's never bothered me at all.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Insomniac

How much does it bother me? Not enough that I don't enjoy it, but it does bother me in aspects. Cars Land doesn't bother me near as much as say a bugs land. For me quality can outway the fact that it doesn't fit theme. But for attractions like Monsters Inc, TTwC, Nemo subs, BLAB, etc. that do not fit the area theme it bothers me significantly more. I can accept any theme as long as its compelling. But I only accept the theme if its attractions support that theme. That's why I still have problems with Hollywoodland, a bug's land, and Paradise Pier.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Sock Puppet

does not bother me, i see parts of DCA that are within the california adventure california theme. And i understand why certain things are in the park,to me in my head it all ties in

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just want the parks to feel Disney and I'm Happy

• a damsel not in distress

To me, it has Disney, it has California, and it has Adventure, so it sticks completely to its name.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Certified in everything

Yes, but really only insofar as "a bug's land" continues to exist. I'm fine with the way Cars Land and TLM tie into to California (though I'm less thrilled with the idea of a strict Radiator Spring recreation). But overall I think it meshes the CA theme well with Disney's product.

I do think the park needs to find a way to sustain the CA theme if the name is going to remain "Disney California Adventure". There is no sensical way to relate "a bug's land" to DCA in my opinion, but that not something I want to debate here. If you think "a bug's land" is Californian enough then so be it, at least you aren't making the argument that it is okay to have a land in the park that it has nothing to do with California.

So I guess what I am saying is "yes" because theme is important to me. Personally I don't see how anyone could "no". That is like saying it's okay to have a scene about Snow White in PotC. The park is called California Adventure because that is the theme of the park, and I would't be satisfied unless every aspect of the park related back to that theme somehow. We can disagree about how and to what degree certain attractions should relate to that theme (i.e. you might require every detail be historically accurate or, conversely, that the park simply be in the state of CA), but I don't think we as fans should be satisfied that the THEME park doesn't fit its own THEME.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast