• Bring back the Keelboats!

Old Disneyland Souvenirs

Thought I would share photos of some of my older Disneyland souvenirs. I have posted this pic of my brother and me from 1963, but here is a close-up of the pink Tinker Bell purse I am holding in the photo:

Name:  DL_NancyMark1963.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  38.6 KBName:  tinkerbell_pouch.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  70.0 KB

Anyone else have the old viewmaster reels?:

Name:  viewmasters.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  66.8 KB

Can't remember how old this promotion was, but I think it was late 1960's (will take corrections!):
    Name:  bottlecaps.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  35.2 KB

Here is part of my display at our local library:
    Name:  library_display2.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  82.5 KB

This is the "newer" stuff:
    Name:  library_display.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  61.5 KB

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Old Disneyland Souvenirs

SO fuN! Thanks for posting!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just tremendous. Sure brings the memories back. I sure did have the old ViewMaster viewer and reels. Think anybody then said to me, keep these, you'll really want them 50 years from now? No one....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• ~

Lots of fun indeed! I have a major soft spot for view masters and vintage reels. Really neat to see those in your collection.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Wow! So cool that you have those in your local library to display!

My roommate and I just started collecting old Disneyland memorilbilia recently, we don't have a lot yet though. Off the top of my head I know we have a few maps and booklets from the park circa early 60's. We also have a match book from the tobacco shop as well as an oil can from the DLRR. Neat stuff!

Thanks for the nice comments! It was fun deciding what to put into the display. The oldest is the tin tray that dates a year before the park actually opened. Not sure what date in on the Donald Duck cola.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Well...I picked up a cracked piece of concrete from a sidewalk in Disneyland during the 50th Anniversary. Does that count? It's nearly 7 to 8 years old by now. Probably older from the time the concrete was poured,

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• AKA - DisneyChris

What a great collection. Thanks for sharing.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• formerly very helpful

I don't know what's nicer: That your library has such an awesome display honoring Disney, or that your community has such an active public library!
    thanks for sharing.

• Banned User

Awesome collection, Nancy! Ah man, ViewMaster....I still remember when GAF owned them and they had Henry Fonda doing the TV commercials for them.

My favorite ViewMaster reels were always of Disneyland, of course. I should pick up a classic viewer on eBay and start collecting some old reels. Seems a fairly cheap hobby, and a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Awesome collection, Nancy! Ah man, ViewMaster....I still remember when GAF owned them and they had Henry Fonda doing the TV commercials for them.

My favorite ViewMaster reels were always of Disneyland, of course. I should pick up a classic viewer on eBay and start collecting some old reels. Seems a fairly cheap hobby, and a lot of fun!
    Besides my Disneyland reels, I also have the Adam West/Burt Ward Batman and Robin reels and Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp (which still cracks me up!)

• Mrs. J. Depp

My grandparents had those original ViewMaster slides and viewer but sadly after 5 kids of theirs and nearly 11 grandkids, those slide are all broken now and most have them have been lost or thrown out. When I was a kid, I would sit in the toy closet (which was really just a small storage closet in my grandparents den with some shelves dedicated to toys for us to play with when we visited) and I would look through ALL the Disney viewmaster slides they had. They had Donald Duck ones and Disneyland ones and I cherish those memories!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Shubisha

I like Mickey and the Yeti riding a matterhorn vehicle together. How old's that one?