Looking for Discounted 1 Day Park Hopper Tickets in January/February.

My folks are coming into town for my daughter's birthday and we're going to surprise them with an overnight to Disneyland (but we're only going to go into the park on one day). So I'm looking into a respectable place to get discounted 1 day parkhoppers. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Mark

Re: Looking for Discounted 1 Day Park Hopper Tickets in January/February.

Have you looked at AAA, credit unions, discounts through your work, etc.? Another possibility would be to buy Disney gift cards (there was a coupon at Target recently that gave a $10 Target gift card back for a $50 purchase) and use those to buy your tickets. If you shop at Target, that is a different kind of discount, but a useful one nonetheless.

• Keepin' it calsteady

PascalGal's got it. If you work for a company with an HR department, that's probably your best bet (and if you don't, you probably know someone who does). Stay away from ticket brokers and Craigslist where people are reselling half of a 2-day Parkhopper, etc. If money's tight, I recommend going with a one-park ticket rather than trying to find a less-than-scrupulous dealer offering cheaper Parkhoppers.

There's also a chance that Disney will offer a deal for So Cal residents after the New Year. They've always done it in the recent past, but this is the first winter where DCA has been doing well so they may not come out with any offers.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Disney is cracking down on ticket "renters" and if you use a multi day pass you now have to sign it and show photo ID each time you use it. So tickets on Craigs, eBay etc. are sold in violation of Disneys rules so PascalGal has pretty much the most accurate info on how to get tickets at any kind of discount.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Nerd

dont buy anything from craigs list or ebay thats for sure. people are constantly getting ripped off.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Rock Star Minion

Such discounts don't exist anymore. I checked my son's school association discount (UCI, right down the road), and it was a whopping $10 off.
    Back in my day, $10 that was 50% off. Back when there was an off-season. Sorry, there is no more off-season that requires massive discounts.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I've checked with my credit union and there's nothing. The AAA gives me $5 per ticket. That's not great. I'd buy a 2 day but my folks are only up for 1 day at the parks. And I'm not tossing that money away.

One day tickets are rarely discounted, so I wouldn't expect to find a dramatic reduction in price anywhere. But, on the bright side, you still have some time to search for other discounts (anything more than $5) and to see if Disney offers a deal for SoCal residents after the holidays. And, if you can't find anything else, at least you now know that AAA will save you $5 per ticket -- and that's a churro each, which is better than nothing at all!