Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

Yuck. IMHO CPK pizza tastes like cardboard. It wouldn't be a step up, and I agree on the issue of branded dining. If someone's honestly dying for CPK they can find it elsewhere.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I'm generally not a fan of any outside food. Where would it stop? At some point, it would just be a blatant mall.

CPK sponsors all Pizza restaurants, In N Out sponsors all burger restaurants, Chipotle sponsors the taco places around the resort.

If you want CPK, go off property. If you want Disney food stay on property.
    I pretty much agree with this.

I tend to not like outside brands inside the park. Too bad Disney can't just serve better pizza.

There are a couple of CPK Express locations where the pizzas are premade instead of made to order. The quality is comparable.

That being said, no I don't want to see a third party pizza place in the park. I think the flatbreads are pretty good. My only problem with them is that they are not very filling for those with a larger appetite and BPP offer no sides besides a prepackaged side salad. Garlic break or breadsticks would be a welcome addition there and would go well with their other offerings (salads and pastas).

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I pretty much agree with this.

I tend to not like outside brands inside the park. Too bad Disney can't just serve better pizza.
    Well that is usually the choice. Good food, or exclusive food. Not both. Disney honestly rarely does good food themselves. Its usually OK at best. I say, if its well themed, subtle, and tastes good, why not? I think good food and themeing is more important than this principle of keeping outside vendors out.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    If they want to offer great pizza, let them bring out the pizza served at Via Napoli in Epcot. Absolutely amazing and probably in my top 2 or 3 favorite pizzas ever.
    Completely agree with this. Napoli in Downtown Disney makes an outstanding pizza and is in very close proximity to the parks compared to some other Downtown Disney restaurants. You can even get pizza by the slice from the walk-up express side. Napoli blows away any pizza Disney serves and at a more reasonable price.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• -

While I do enjoy their thai chicken pizza and a CA company seems like a good fit for a CA park, I don't think a common chain restaurant is the way to go. I come to Disneyland for a unique dining experience. It is up to them to step up the quality of their game, not take the easy way out.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I love Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta just keep it how it is, To me its the best fast food area in both parks.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Banned User

Actually, two conditions:

1. Keep the price the same.
    2. Bring the full bar.

We got a deal!

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Disney is known to not have great pizza, and even though the flatbread pizzas found at Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta are a step above Red Rocket's pizza, they're still not amazing. So why not have CPK, a restaurant featuring great California-style pizza, sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta? It seems like it would be a great fit to me.
    Dear God please no. Just when Disney is starting to develop some of their own delicious UNIQUE food products you want to start shipping it in again? It's one thing to maybe want to replace the plastic "pizza" over at Red Rocket's with CPK, but another to throw this achievement in food and willing to experiment by Disney back in their faces. I'll take the Boardwalk's Pizza and Pasta and the Grill's kabobs over another Burger Invasion-style invasion of outside food any day.

Plus, outside food is my #1 critique of USH.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    It's one thing to maybe want to replace the plastic "pizza" over at Red Rocket's with CPK
    CPK is also plastic, just a slightly better plastic. I'll never understand why people eat at chain fast food places that try to disguise themselves with higher prices and table service (see also: Olive Garden). Go to a real Italian restaurant!

• Rock Star Minion

So, we should force some company to sponsor some other company's restaurant in its theme park?

Pretty sure every pizza chain has had its chance to get in on this. I'd rather see Round Table. BJs is a CA-heavy franchise, but it would probably want to include its beers.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I dont know about that. Last I heard the CPK chain wasnt doing so well, business wise.

As for outside foods in the resort, would you rather have the mass produced resort quality fast food, or mass produced...resort quality food with another name?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    ...my point being not that CPK is food court quality, cuz it is much better... but rather I don't believe any chain should be inside the parks.
    Strange... there's a CPK in the Food Court in the Airport... so "Not Food Court Quality" ... uh yes, yes it is.

Not a fan of CPK...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Go to a real Italian restaurant!
    CPK isn't trying to be an Italian restaurant. They specialize in unique pizza toppings.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Why would Disney do this?

#1 Italian food is the cheapest food to make and generally has the highest return in profit.
    #2 Pizza Port is always crowded. If you don't like the pizza, Disney's bottom line is showing other wise
    #3 Why would Disney want a smaller localized sit down pizza chain to sponser a high profit restaurant? Heck they'd get a lot more from Dominos or Pizza Hut and this area has proven you don't need high quality to rake in big dollars.

I don't see changing the recipe for what is already a huge sucess in Disney's best interest here. MiceChatters say the food is gross but lines that are always pretty full tell Disney accountants that everything is just fine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast