Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    California Pizza Kitchen's pizza is not very good. Pretty much anything by a chain restaurant is lousy.
    I agree. There is also a CPK 15 feet away at the Gardenwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    CPK isn't trying to be an Italian restaurant. They specialize in unique pizza toppings.
    He was talking about Olive Garden, not CPK.

• Ambassador of good will

I think this is a great idea. CPK is 1,000,000% better than the garbage pizza offered anywhere else in the resort, including the place in DTD.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    He was talking about Olive Garden, not CPK.
    It appears they were both being referred to in the same breath.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

It appears they were both being referred to in the same breath.
    Possibly. I just thought he was referring to Olive Garden.

This is obviously a matter of opinion, some people love CPK, some hate it. Personally, I think the pizza at the Boardwalk is decent. Much better than the stuff at Pizza Port. Nonetheless I don't think it needs a change; especially so soon.

I feel like CPK's pizza at best is about equal to the stuff Disney is serving. While I get the "California" tie in and some more menu items perhaps, I just don't think CPK would make much of a difference there overall. And like I mentioned earlier there is one literally a block away at the Gardenwalk.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I feel like CPK's pizza at best is about equal to the stuff Disney is serving.
    I agree. Their specialty pizzas are good because of the unique toppings, but I have tried their traditional cheese and sauce pizza and found it to be nothing special. However it is still better than Play-doh Port.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

However it is still better than Play-doh Port.

• Sock Puppet

Whatever you do, just don't mess with my Spaghetti and Meatballs. You can change the pizza all you want, just don't do anything to my Spaghetti...

I don't really like CPK. I go in expecting a nice, gourmet pizza and always feel disappointed. I think the existing flatbreads at Boardwalk are way better than CPK. I like the cheese mix...

On the other hand, I fully support a takeover of Redd's Rocket junk.

I'm not a fan of CPK, sadly. I do think you are onto something about Pizza Port though! Someone should sponsor or take over that spot ASAP. Talk about declining by degrees! I also think Award Wieners should go away and be taken over by a Pink's Hot Dogs. It would be perfect since the original was started in Hollywood and is very popular to this day! Yes I know Knott's already has one but I think putting it in Hollywoodland would be awesome! Someone mentioned that they don't want food court quality stuff at a theme park but what about the new Starbuck's? I don't care who sells what kind of food as long as it's good! I think we can all agree that good food is a must no matter who is providing it.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by stitch1085 View Post
    I also think Award Wieners should go away and be taken over by a Pink's Hot Dogs.
    I actually love the hot dogs from Award Wieners, they're really flavorful and juicy. Pink's would be a downgrade for me; when I tried one of the dogs, it tasted... weird. Granted, I was at the one in Vegas, but if they can't make spectacular dogs outside of their main location, why add one in Disneyland?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by stitch1085 View Post
    II also think Award Wieners should go away and be taken over by a Pink's Hot Dogs. It would be perfect since the original was started in Hollywood and is very popular to this day! Yes I know Knott's already has one but I think putting it in Hollywoodland would be awesome!
    The Pink's in Hollywood is good because you go there hungry, wait in line for an hour on the street and by the time you get your hot dog (piled with toppings) you're starving. You can't tell that the hot dog is really sub-par in comparison to others. Carney's over on Sunset is not too far from there and makes a better hot dog - not to mention their killer chili. Pink's is more of a novelty thing in my opinion.

Therefore, I say no to bringing Pink's into Disneyland. You're right, it would fit the theme nicely, but it's not great, and their locations outside of the Hollywood stand are even worse.

• Disneyland History Lover

CPK is just OK to me. I can get better pizzas in many places. And to be honest, I don't think Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta really needs improving. I really dig their spaghetti and ravioli. If anything, they can stand to improve their pizza and salad, but they're not bad by any means as is. This is one of the better restaurants at the Resort.

• Banned User

They should offer more beer options too....

maybe a Tommy's Burger or In-n-Out (hate that place). But they are distinctively California.
    You know, even tommy rockets, ihop, jamba juice and Taco Bell first began in CA.

sounds like a whole area could be filled with CA foods...

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    They should offer more beer options too....

maybe a Tommy's Burger or In-n-Out (hate that place). But they are distinctively California.
    You know, even tommy rockets, ihop, jamba juice and Taco Bell first began in CA.

sounds like a whole area could be filled with CA foods...
    Yeah, it could be just like USH Citywalk.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

I must say, either franchise or not, something must be done regarding the service. We ate there at the Pasta/Pizza and had nothing but problems. First they had to make the ravioli's that took an extra ten minutes. Next, I looked at all check out point of sale and they had no knives. For a busy day, it appeared very slow. I can only speculate they were cooking to order to save on shrinkage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast