Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46

    • HYDRA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    2741 Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    dont mess with the pasta there and im fine
    ive never had the pizzia at CPK before,only there pasta
    im a pasta type of guy
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

  2. #47

    • Blew By You
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    I used to love CPK but have come to dislike it and other large corporate pizza chains. I'd rather search each town for its wizz-bang pizza parlor and patronize there. So, keep CPK at the malls and let Disneyland do its own pizzas.

  3. #48

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,156
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    How does something from the 1980s work for the story of 1920s Paradise Pier? I just don't see the fit except for "Caliornia" being in the name f the park and the pizza company.

  4. #49

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,357

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How does something from the 1980s work for the story of 1920s Paradise Pier? I just don't see the fit except for "Caliornia" being in the name f the park and the pizza company.
    California Pizza Kitchen's locations don't exactly scream 1980's. Aside from that they wouldn't necessarily have to re-theme the whole restaurant to look like a modern CPK. It could be the same exact restaurant and name, and still serve CPK items. I don't see a problem with doing it that way if it were ever done. That being said, I am still opposed to the idea altogether.

  5. #50

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,176

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How does something from the 1980s work for the story of 1920s Paradise Pier? I just don't see the fit except for "Caliornia" being in the name f the park and the pizza company.
    Again, why this line of thought thinking they'll throw in a contemporary every day CPK in any town, and not theming it appropriately?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  6. #51

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,962
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Yeah it would cost more but pizza wise anyway it taste better and you get more...so it's worth the price....

    Heck I usually go to Mimi's Cafe for dinner because I get more food for the same price as the parks...but I get more and it tastes great

  7. #52

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,087

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    I love CPK. My only beef with them is that they have yet to carry the option for gluten free crusts on their pizzas or gF bread for their sandwiches unlike their SoCal competition Sammy's. Other than that, rock on CPK!


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  8. #53

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,156
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    California Pizza Kitchen's locations don't exactly scream 1980's. Aside from that they wouldn't necessarily have to re-theme the whole restaurant to look like a modern CPK. It could be the same exact restaurant and name, and still serve CPK items. I don't see a problem with doing it that way if it were ever done. That being said, I am still opposed to the idea altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Again, why this line of thought thinking they'll throw in a contemporary every day CPK in any town, and not theming it appropriately?
    Theme is not decoration, it goes beyond mere aesthetics. What part of the California Pizza Kitchen experience speaks to the 1920s? Is that the sort of image that is conjured when discussing a romantic vision of 1920s seaside amusements? Just putting on decorations does not make for anything but a more expensive version what Six Flags does painting a coaster and putting up a sign with a character. It is shallow and does nothing but speak to nothing more. A themed experience encompasses much more, penetrating all facets of the experience, not just how it looks.

  9. #54

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,176

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Theme is not decoration, it goes beyond mere aesthetics. What part of the California Pizza Kitchen experience speaks to the 1920s? Is that the sort of image that is conjured when discussing a romantic vision of 1920s seaside amusements? Just putting on decorations does not make for anything but a more expensive version what Six Flags does painting a coaster and putting up a sign with a character. It is shallow and does nothing but speak to nothing more. A themed experience encompasses much more, penetrating all facets of the experience, not just how it looks.
    What part of Fritos spoke about the Wild West? Or the american frontier?

    Please, this is another call for 'historical accuracy' and not 'theming'. You can have a well 'themed' resturant using a contemporary brand. Period appropriate decorations, menu, costumes by the servers, period music playing; all help to transport you to another place, regardless of whats being served, and much more in depth than "Six Flags'-ing it.

    Although did they even sell Pizza on the california seaside in the 1920s?
    Last edited by Wren; 12-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  10. #55

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,357

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    What part of the California Pizza Kitchen experience speaks to the 1920s? Is that the sort of image that is conjured when discussing a romantic vision of 1920s seaside amusements?
    How common was a sit down pizza/pasta/salad restaurant on a boardwalk in the 20's?

  11. #56

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,156
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    What part of Fritos spoke about the Wild West? Or the american frontier?

    Please, this is another call for 'historical accuracy' and not 'theming'. You can have a well 'themed' resturant using a contemporary brand. Period appropriate decorations, menu, costumes by the servers, period music playing; all help to transport you to another place, regardless of whats being served, and much more in depth than "Six Flags'-ing it.

    Although did they even sell Pizza on the california seaside in the 1920s?
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    How common was a sit down pizza/pasta/salad restaurant on a boardwalk in the 20's?
    It is not just that the brand is contemporary, but that California-style pizza is something that came to be in the 1980s. It is no more historical accuracy than trying to claim that a Grave-esque Postmodern design would fit just fine in a 1920s setting by dressing people in appropriate costume and playing appropriate music. It all works together to create the image. Choosing an anachronism for a purpose is different than just accepting anachronisms wherever they may appear. When the theme is based in history, then history is part of the theme.

    Being popular in the 1920s is also not the issue. Paradise Pier has always had the issue of its romance being more from the East Coast than California (likely the result of Eisner's own romantic fascination with the concept of the old amusement park and the years of the concept's development through the Boardwalk Resort, Port Disney and Disney's America before finally being built in Disney's California Adventure). Even if pizza was never available, an Italian family moving to California and selling Italian food is far more fitting in the sensibility of 1920s seaside amusement than a new style of pizza, which has risen to the point of being seen as its own type of American pizza, that had its own genesis in 1980s California.

  12. #57

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,663

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    California Pizza Kitchen's locations don't exactly scream 1980's. Aside from that they wouldn't necessarily have to re-theme the whole restaurant to look like a modern CPK. It could be the same exact restaurant and name, and still serve CPK items. I don't see a problem with doing it that way if it were ever done. That being said, I am still opposed to the idea altogether.
    They don't necessarily scream 1920's either, do they?

  13. #58

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,357

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    They don't necessarily scream 1920's either, do they?
    No they don't. I am opposed to a hypothetical CPK anyway. I was just stating how it could work serving their food in the same building that is there now with nothing being done aesthetically.

  14. #59

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,156
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    No they don't. I am opposed to a hypothetical CPK anyway. I was just stating how it could work serving their food in the same building that is there now with nothing being done aesthetically.
    This is what I've been getting at, theme goes beyond aesthetics. The issue is not the aesthetics of existing California Pizza kitchen restaurants, but the content and spirit of their food. Yes, plenty of examples exist of food just being serve wherever in the right wrapper, but food that works with the theme only heightens the experience.

  15. #60

    • will-o-the-whip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    740

    Re: California Pizza Kitchen should sponsor Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta!

    CPK pizza is execrable. Please keep all the chains out of the parks, their food is no better than mush (and designed to be that way).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta,Paradise Garden Grill and Corn Dog Castle...
    By Poisonedapples in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
  2. California Pizza Kitchen discount
    By pratt55 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
  3. Who Should Sponsor Burger Invasion?
    By Giant Panda in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 09:46 PM
  4. Paint on RedRockett's Pizza Port.....
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 03:29 AM
  5. Red Rocket's Pizza Port
    By wem1985 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 05:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •