Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sultan of Swing

Question Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

With talk in the WDW Forum about Avatarland and how much they despise the Idea of it, I would like to know would you like an Avatarland in the future 3rd gate. Would you want Franchise Based lands in entirely in the land such as Star Wars Land, Ozland, Marvel Land etc. What do you want? What don't you want?
    Always read the fine print.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Re: Rumored 3rd Park Franchise based Lands?

I dislike the idea of a third gate altogether. Disney should focus on expanding Disneyland park itself, not making more parks.

• Sultan of Swing

Well I did create a poll for this but I see it didn't come out on the otherside. Oh Well.
    @Spence can you specify how they can Expand Disneyland park?

Avatarland......not interested. Now a StarWars Land would be a different story.

• Under that tree again!

Looking at single themed lands filling a park is not a simple good idea. If the themes can each compliment each other that would be fine. If for example a Star Wars Land was attached to an Oz Land it wouldn't feel so nice.

• Banned User

Avatarland? Oh, good God, NO. Let James Cameron build his own theme parks, if he's so inclined.

I'm not really interested in a Franchises-We-Happen-To-Own-As-A-Corporation-But-Weren't-Actually-Created-By-Us-land. So that means no Star Wars Land, no Marvel Land, no whatever-else-Disney-owns Land.

If there is to be a third gate, I want it to be something that Disney creates. Not some borrowed idea.

Retrocool you make a good point. I like the idea of more DISNEY in the parks. Disney should buy Magic Mountain and make there MarvelLand, AvatarLand and yes even StarWars Land there.

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Looking at single themed lands filling a park is not a simple good idea. If the themes can each compliment each other that would be fine. If for example a Star Wars Land was attached to an Oz Land it wouldn't feel so nice.
    That is a good point but I wasn't stating that all lands would be like that I just want to know what type of themed land would people want.

Also I don't think Magic Mountain would be sold to Disney because that I believe has the most Coasters by Six Flags in one park. I don't see Disney doing anything with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    I dislike the idea of a third gate altogether. Disney should focus on expanding Disneyland park itself, not making more parks.
    I'm pretty sure both can be done.

Bring on Marvel Land and Star Wars Land!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    This.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• ~

If it means that Disney will have a place to dump all their franchises and will keep them from shoving them into the Disneyland Park, by all means, build said third gate. But that seems unlikely.

Idealistically, I'd like to see Disney focus on the problems in DCA and Disneyland. Start a massive redesign of Tomorrowland, expand and enhance Frontierland, improve Hollywood Land, replace "a bug's land". There's plenty of work to do inside the current parks without adding another one into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by junkin jay View Post
    Avatarland......not interested. Now a StarWars Land would be a different story.
    Agreed. Do people even remember the movie Avatar???

• ooooooOO!

I think the Disney Resort should refrain from having a third park if its purpose is storage for their extra franchises. "Doesn't fit in Disneyland and DCA? Toss it in the third park." As cool as it would be to see Star Wars Land or Marvel rides with the Disney touch, I'm afraid it could become a mess of themed lands that don't synchronize, like what SwampyMarsh said. Plus it would be extremely hard to work with strict guidelines of a themed land that isn't as broad as, for example: Adventureland, or Tomorrowland. I would actually prefer a completely standalone park full of new imagineering projects, like HKD's new rides or TokyoSea.
    .:: ::.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Avatarland? Oh, good God, NO. Let James Cameron build his own theme parks, if he's so inclined.

I'm not really interested in a Franchises-We-Happen-To-Own-As-A-Corporation-But-Weren't-Actually-Created-By-Us-land. So that means no Star Wars Land, no Marvel Land, no whatever-else-Disney-owns Land.

If there is to be a third gate, I want it to be something that Disney creates. Not some borrowed idea.
    If you don't mind my asking, what difference does it make? Would you be against Radiator Springs Racers if 'Cars' were a movie from an outside property? As long as there are fun experiences to be had, who cares what franchises are created by Disney and which aren't? In fact, the Lone Ranger movie looks to be a lot more adult than Star Wars or even some Marvel films--and speaking of Star Wars, do you dislike Star Tours and Temple of the Forbidden Eye as well? Or Roger Rabbit, considering it's a co-production and features other cartoon properties in the film?

As a theme park fan, I can safely say I don't care who makes a franchise, as long as there's a good experience to be had, I'm down and I don't get why people on this forum don't seem to feel the same way...especially about a third gate that won't taint the almighty Disneyland.

• ooooooOO!

Well I agree that it doesn't matter who makes the franchise, I'm sure many people are grateful for Star Tours and Indiana Jones Adventure, but I think what Retrocool meant was that it would be better for a third park to contain purely Disney imagination, whole new concepts never before seen by any park.

As a theme park fan myself, I could careless what is made, as long as it is worth the ticket price, but as a Disney fan, a park where the next generation of Disney imagineers design unique concepts would value more to me than a park with other franchises. Who knows, maybe we could have the best of both worlds?
    .:: ::.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast