Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    490

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    The voucher itself reads that there is no guarantee that anything will be signed..
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets


  2. #32

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,375

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    This is why the voucher is carefully worded about no guarantee of anything happening.

    I can't tell you how many signings I've been to in my life where people have walked about before you get your turn. It happens. No one knows what was on JL's schedule. He may have had a busy day already and squeezed in this signing for as long as he could. Maybe a family emergency came up. It could have been anything. Who knows? No one here does. I can tell you one thing, he didn't leave just to leave. He wouldn't do that to his fans.

    It's really unfortunate you didn't get your things signed, and I emphasize with you. I get your frustration from the Disney end and no one is to blame there except upper management for not having a handle on the situation.

  3. #33

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Sad to hear but you need to remember 1 thing. John Lassester is the busiest Disney Exec there is. He has a solidly strict schedule that is laid out in front of him sometimes weeks in advance. If he only had two hours for a signing that is quite literally all he has and he needs to move on to his next project. Plus the voucher does say that it's no gaurentee anything will be signed, so you were warned.
    If he only had 2 hours to cover an event that was scheduled for exactly 2 hours than he shouldn't have been shoe-horned into said event. THAT... is common sense. Both his staff, and the event planners, should be held accountable for the shortened time window. The mentality of "some time is better than none" really doesn't apply to a fan base that built his career. If he can't make it past the allotted time he simply should not have been there.

    I am curious as to how the voucher is worded. If the staff didn't hold up their end of the "contract" then I question if that voids the responsibility on the part of the holder.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  4. #34

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,661

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Probably needed to limit the number of vouchers.
    Seems such an easy problem to solve.

    120 minutes? Say, 200 vouchers.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  5. #35

    • HYDRA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    2741 Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,253

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    If he only had 2 hours to cover an event that was scheduled for exactly 2 hours than he shouldn't have been shoe-horned into said event. THAT... is common sense. Both his staff, and the event planners, should be held accountable for the shortened time window. The mentality of "some time is better than none" really doesn't apply to a fan base that built his career. If he can't make it past the allotted time he simply should not have been there.



    I am curious as to how the voucher is worded. If the staff didn't hold up their end of the "contract" then I question if that voids the responsibility on the part of the holder.
    on my way out a cast membersaid he was takingg time to talk with the cast members
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

  6. #36

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    ...Plus the voucher does say that it's no gaurentee anything will be signed, so you were warned.
    Exactly. Which is another reminder that when you deal with Disney, you're dealing with a corporation that's famous for its sharp business practices and covering itself in layers of legalese. Consumers who don't want to be disappointed need to remember that the Disney name is fast becoming synonymous with banks, airlines, and other corporations whose unofficial mottoes are "Read the Fine Print" and "You've Been Warned."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  7. #37

    • I'm from Canada eh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    I honestly do not understand the desire to have something signed, but I feel bad for those, who were there to meet them, esspecially if they were not just going to turn around and sell the item on EBAY.
    Last edited by Meville; 12-10-2012 at 12:49 PM.

  8. #38

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I honestly do not understand the desire to have something signed, but I feel bad for those, who were their to meet them, esspecially if they were not just going to turn around and sell the item on EBAY.
    This is how I feel too.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  9. #39

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    I stop short of the "declining by degrees" or "Disney sucks" type comments. What I fail to understand is how they can continually have logistical issues with Limited Edition and Event Signings. It's not that hard. Look at what worked. Look at what didn't work. Don't repeat the same mistakes other locations already made. That's what bothered me about reading this. It isn't Disney's first rodeo and it wasn't planned yesterday. I'm sorry someone had a death in the family. If they were attending to personal issues someone else should have stepped in.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  10. #40

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,375

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    If he only had 2 hours to cover an event that was scheduled for exactly 2 hours than he shouldn't have been shoe-horned into said event. THAT... is common sense. Both his staff, and the event planners, should be held accountable for the shortened time window. The mentality of "some time is better than none" really doesn't apply to a fan base that built his career. If he can't make it past the allotted time he simply should not have been there.
    I agree with you about how he shouldn't have been shoehorned in if he had other things going on, but who is to say something didn't come up? We just don't know. Until then, we can't point the finger at anyone specifically. However, once he left Disney could have handled the situation better I think.

    I am curious as to how the voucher is worded. If the staff didn't hold up their end of the "contract" then I question if that voids the responsibility on the part of the holder.
    From the photo on the first page:

    Voucher does not guarantee signed merchandise, remains the property of Disneyland Resort and must be surrendered upon request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly. Which is another reminder that when you deal with Disney, you're dealing with a corporation that's famous for its sharp business practices and covering itself in layers of legalese. Consumers who don't want to be disappointed need to remember that the Disney name is fast becoming synonymous with banks, airlines, and other corporations whose unofficial mottoes are "Read the Fine Print" and "You've Been Warned."
    When you're a company as big as Disney, you have to cover your back somehow.

  11. #41

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Let me just start this post by saying: I am not a fan of John Lasseter's in the least! He is not the new "Walt Disney," far from it! All he doing is taking Walt's ingenuity and creativity and making adjustments to it. He is so self involved it's disgusting, from the desire to create CarsLand then to include a character based on himself in a crap sequel? I mean come on dude have a little humility! His ego has inflated ten-fold and I honestly believe he just bailed early on the signing because he could, not because he had a pressing engagement. Did he have to close down the Tiki Bar again to get drinks with his buddies? Or maybe he wanted to go to Club 33 and shut that down as well? I mean dude get a grip you sir are no Walt Disney so stop pretending you are some reincarnation of Walt's. When you are a person who has fans that support your work you need to constantly remind yourself that I am successful because of my fans, without fans willing to shell out their hard earned money to see your movies, go to your events, etc. you are NOTHING! Celebrities who forget their fans are often the ones to fade away.

  12. #42

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    From the photo on the first page:
    I quoted the original post specifically to highlight how many things Disney did not enforce. Legally speaking you might be able to challenge them based on the fact that they didn't hold up their end of the "contract". The signature wasn't obtained specifically because of negligence on their part as they instructed you per their rules where to stand, in what order to stand, and how many objects in your possession could be signed. By not abiding by their own stated rules Disney prevented the OP from obtaining an autograph.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Instructions on the Numbered Vouchers.

    1. "Special Apppearance Guests will only sign their respective merchandise.... No personal items"
    Totally Ignored as BOTH signed many items.
    2. "Merchandise for signing must be purchased a Off the Page on Saturday, December 8,2012
    This was enforced with your receipt also needed.
    3. "This voucher is valid for the oppertunity to have TWO (2) ......
    This was NOT enforced as many had 4-6 items signed.
    4. "Please refer to the number above to secure your place in line....."
    This was Not enforced.
    The Off the Page staff had been handing out voucher at random, not in order. So they announced they would go by the time stamp on your receipt.. THEY LIED AGAIN..... And went only on which queue and lineup order.
    5. "Guests will be permitted to queue .... beginning at 1:00pm
    and will be placed in queue acording to the voucher number..."
    This was NOT enforced. They formed two seperate queues with very different instructions depending which queue you were in.
    6. "Queuing will not be permitted prior to 1:00pm."
    This was Not enforced. They allowed lining up (In two locations???) before 12:30.
    7. "Guests with a numbered voucher who arrive after the signing has begun.... will be placed at the end of the ..queue."
    Enforced, as they totally ignored the voucher numbers.




    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  13. #43

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    When you're a company as big as Disney, you have to cover your back somehow.
    I believe he was referring to the fact that the focus is more on the fine print than on the customer service itself.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  14. #44

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,375

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by stitch1085 View Post
    Let me just start this post by saying: I am not a fan of John Lasseter's in the least! He is not the new "Walt Disney," far from it! All he doing is taking Walt's ingenuity and creativity and making adjustments to it. He is so self involved it's disgusting, from the desire to create CarsLand then to include a character based on himself in a crap sequel? I mean come on dude have a little humility! His ego has inflated ten-fold and I honestly believe he just bailed early on the signing because he could, not because he had a pressing engagement. Did he have to close down the Tiki Bar again to get drinks with his buddies? Or maybe he wanted to go to Club 33 and shut that down as well? I mean dude get a grip you sir are no Walt Disney so stop pretending you are some reincarnation of Walt's. When you are a person who has fans that support your work you need to constantly remind yourself that I am successful because of my fans, without fans willing to shell out their hard earned money to see your movies, go to your events, etc. you are NOTHING! Celebrities who forget their fans are often the ones to fade away.
    This is a joke, right?

    I was going to pick apart this post and argue all of your points, but it's not even worth it..

  15. #45

    • Of Two Minds, or More
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40

    Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by stitch1085 View Post
    Let me just start this post by saying: I am not a fan of John Lasseter's in the least! He is not the new "Walt Disney," far from it! All he doing is taking Walt's ingenuity and creativity and making adjustments to it. He is so self involved it's disgusting, from the desire to create CarsLand then to include a character based on himself in a crap sequel? I mean come on dude have a little humility! His ego has inflated ten-fold and I honestly believe he just bailed early on the signing because he could, not because he had a pressing engagement.
    I do not know Mr. Lassiter, but I recently had a chance to spend some time with some Pixar folks. They were very candid about being part of the Disney machine and had some very clear opinions. They also, had only nice things to say about the man.

    Have you based your opinion of him based on an interaction with him, or only assumptions you've made based on reading bits of information about events surrounding him?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WHOA! Check this out Potter Fans!
    By Melonballer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 03:38 PM
  2. Lack of Cars merchandise
    By Brain Toad in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
  3. Signing Out?
    By AidensDaddy in forum The Forums
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 06:05 PM
  4. Any new 50th merchandise out yet?
    By Tinkerbelle in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 01:24 AM
  5. 50th Merchandise - What all is coming out?
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 07:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •