Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: CARS Merchandise Signing Failure... Lasseter walks out on fans.

Disney still has a lot to learn when it comes to special events like this.

Also, I understand that John is a busy guy, but the least he could have done was made some sort of apology to the guests that wouldn't get their stuff signed.

Anyone that purchased merchandise that day that didn't get signed should have been immediately reimbursed if they wished to return their items.

As for the passholders that got jipped, RSR fastpasses don't make up for something like that.

Sorry there were so many problems. This has happened so much in the past and I don't see it getting any better. The last event I attended that I truly enjoyed was the first D23 Expo. It's been downhill ever since.

This is the main reason I no longer attend these types of events or purchase "special event" merchandise. It saves me a lot of grief, especially when many of the people in line at these events are NOT collectors, but "profiteers" who are trying to make a buck on ebay and could care less about Disney. I no longer buy items on ebay unless I have talked to the person selling the item or the person is referred to me.
    A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. ~ Groucho Marx

The key to any successful company is open communications, but when you have a company as large as Disney, you can't tell every employee everything for fear of some employee "leaking" info. [which we all know happens]. To stop this, the information is kept on a "need to know basis" with middle management. The failure on many of these occasions is the lack of information somewhere in the chain of command.

A good leader would have this looked into this situationand find someone to follow through and fix it, but maybe that area of communication is also lacking. I do know that many castmembers are not told what to do and feeling slightly power hungry or maybe just overwhelmed will "invent" their own information just to get through the situation.

I've sat waiting for parades where in a 30 minute span four different castmembers will tell you that you can't sit there and move you to another place where the next castmember will tell you you can't sit in the new spot and move you back to your original spot which is now filled with other people. I think we need the original two day Disney University classes back for ALL levels of employees.
    A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. ~ Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It seems to me that when you charge a premium price for a product (in this case, premium priced park tickets and premium priced merchandise), folks expect the very best customer service. When Disney delivers, folks are willing to pay. And when Disney flubs, as they did in this case, folks are justified in being upset. After all, they paid for better . . . didn't they?!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I was there too. It was a fiasco. I too had a voucher and waited for 3 1/2 hrs.
    When I went for the Don Hahn signing I was very pleased with how well organized it was. Vouchers were numbered and one was lined up according to your number. This is what I expected from this signing, especially since they were dealing with Mr. John Lasseter.

When we were told that there was a strong possibility that Mr. Lasseter will have to leave soon, I kept my hopes up that he would decide to stay and sign for the guests with vouchers. That was not to be. We were told he left because he had a prior commitment. I was disappointed but understood. That is, until I saw a tweet that he was in line for Racers at 5:33. REALLY? Riding Racers was more important than the guests who had purchased items (myself over $200.00) and waited in line for hours to meet him? After that it was tweeted that he went to dinner at Carthay. Those choices saddened me. He preferred PR stunts rather than pleasing a few more guests. There was a cut-off to the line. Couldn't he had just signed for another 1/2 to 45 min. more?

I didn't return my merchandise because I'm a true fan. I just wish Disney and Lasseter cared more about the people who put money in their pockets.

ok, I have to ask, as I can't find any info online , just what is a $280.00 John LassiTIRE ?

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by topdad1 View Post
    ok, I have to ask, as I can't find any info online , just what is a $280.00 John LassiTIRE ?
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It was this:

Disney Pixar Cars John Lassetire Figure Le 1 of 300 Signed by John Lasseter | eBay

If I'm not mistaken there was some Chip Foose artwork as well.
    Not worth 280 or 400 imho

I worked stores and quite a few special events/releases (pins, vinylmation, artwork) at the resort when I worked there not too long ago. Frankly, it just made me weep for humanity. Grown adults crying because they didn't get their way, physical altercations over who had dibs on the last piece, adults keeping their kids in line all night so they can get a couple of extra trinkets to hawk on eBay, etc. I constantly saw people treating other people like garbage over, guess what, garbage. Who needs this crap? Does anyone just enjoy Disneyland for Disneyland anymore?

• Schmoopsy Poo

I bought my item at noon, waited and lined up at one. There were maybe 20-30 people in front of me and I made it in (not counting the first 50 that took over an hour to get through). John Lasseter was a class act, thanked me for waiting, spoke with me for a minute or two and was overall very kind and welcoming. As with any signing event, you are never guaranteed a signature. I think animosity towards Lasseter is ridiculous. Should Disney have planned this better? Absolutely. But in my opinion, it was planned well. There were one or two people who made a mistake with the numbers and all the planning behind it fell apart. What would you do with 200 something angry guests? I have worked events like this before and I have experienced how awful people can be towards you when you have no power. It's always saddening to me to watch people turn from people to animals. I get being upset, and yes voice those concerns, but yelling with profanity and belittling the person trying to help you gets you no where. And I watched lots of that happen this event. I was frustrated in line, but at the end of the day reminded myself that it was just an autograph and if it didn't happen, it didn't happen.

• Rock Star Minion

Aha! So, YOU were holding up the line!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Team Hail HYDRA

^well it was the very first 20 people that were holding it up

i wonder how close i was to some of these fellow micechaters...........

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    ^well it was the very first 20 people that were holding it up

i wonder how close i was to some of these fellow micechaters...........
    Probably closer than you think..

The second that Disney says "6. "Queuing will not be permitted prior to ...."
    That should be an instant indicator that a line is going to form somewhere & the CMs need to ready to handle it or no let the line form, period.
    The Leap Day fiasco should be experience of that.

I did find an interesting link that says John Lasseter &Chip Foose were there for 5 hours & that Disney "rushed the through" Disneyland John Lasseter ? Chip Foose Signing Goes Better For Some ? | Take Five a Day
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567