Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Re: How could our Fantasyland be revamped?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Sorry...but it doesn't even sound nice. It sounds like dead space lacking themes and leading up to an attraction that doesn't really deserve the build up.
    Perhaps if you felt that It's a Small World was a Disney masterpiece, as do I, and as do many, then you would also feel differently. Not every single crevasse of the park should be filled in, sometimes less is more. What made it special is that it was like a whimsical castle in the distance, beckoning you to move towards it. It was very magical.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    I'm glad Holidayland was sacrificed for POTC and Haunted Mansion!
    Me too! Nice reference of obscurity!!

love the Tangled tower in the skyway station...

elevator to make it ADA.

MineTrain in the Fantasyland Theater and surrounding spaces.

if they want/need a theater space... there's always the Tomorrowland Theater. and those empty soundstages in Hollywood Land... also Aladdin's Oasis.

It's already considerably better than Florida, what more do you want?

i would love to close down the fantasy theater and move stage productions to a new theater build where great moments currently is on main street. i know most people would hate this but it would free up a lot of space in fantasyland and then i would send lincoln to the walt disney family museum.

• Insomniac

^No. Just no.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JneratorX View Post
    love the Tangled tower in the skyway station...

elevator to make it ADA.

MineTrain in the Fantasyland Theater and surrounding spaces.

if they want/need a theater space... there's always the Tomorrowland Theater. and those empty soundstages in Hollywood Land... also Aladdin's Oasis.
    The Tomorrowland stage is hardly comparable to the Fantasyland Theatre. Plus the theme of that land limits the stage shows considerable. I still stay the theatre never leaves.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    i would love to close down the fantasy theater and move stage productions to a new theater build where great moments currently is on main street. i know most people would hate this but it would free up a lot of space in fantasyland and then i would send lincoln to the walt disney family museum.
    Are you under the impression that the in Main St can only even a fraction of the people the Fantaslyland Theatre holds??

no i know how large the lincoln theather is. i would redo the whole thing and make it larger and rework the backstage area. i already know people wont like this idea but this is what i would do to improve fantasyland imo.

• No Disassemble!

I've been a skeptic of the Fantasyland Theater ever since it turned into PFF. Despite the rumors that an Epic Mickey themed show will replace PFF I still stand by my belief that no matter what kinds of entertainment Disney cooks up for the theater the venue will never be as hip as Videopolis was in it's prime.

Disney could easily replicate in Anaheim what they have been doing in Orlando (and leave the existing Fantasyland untouched!) if they would just retire the Theater, the BTRBBQ, and the Festival Arena. Add Toontown to the mix and you've got more real-estate to work with than Cars Land! Imagine the possibilities!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

1) The Dragon....yeah dont care if its a "clone" I want a dragon who flys around the park at night

2) A Beauty and the Beast Ride and restaurant

3) some how keep Roger Rabbit

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The entire Fantasyland expansion/Main Street invasion is nothing but meet and greet space. I would like to see something stronger go in than just another character meet.
    I only came up with that idea because it's more possible. But if we're going to go into the realm of impossibility, I'd much rather have the Skyway come back entirely.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Not every single crevasse of the park should be filled in, sometimes less is more.
    Absolutely this.

I really think they should have demolished the Fantasyland theater and opened up that large piece of land for a Fantasyland expansion.

Once that was done they could have used that land to build a foresty area and picked the some of the best elements of the Beauty and the Beast section they built in the Magic kingdom and cloned them here. Better yet i would borrow the R and D from Mystic Manor and built an indoor trackless ride themed to Beauty and the Beast. if you kind of think about it Mystic Manor storyline has objects turning to life so how about having guest explore the Beast Castle in a tea cup where you see animatronic that represent the humans under the spell that turned them into furniture. One of the scenes could be the Be our Guest number where they have an in the round show while your tea cup moves freely inside.

During this expansion the backstage access tunnel that connects backstage to frontierland would be themed so that during the day it could be a main walkway for guests and in the evening a backstage access road for work vehicles.
    doing this would allow for better guest flow during parade times. the northern half of the park would not be cut off near the tea cups while parades are running.

The old skyway building would be rebuilt an an elevator would be integrated to allow ADA complaint access to the top. This elevator would be located in the new expansion area side. At the top of the hill instead of the old skyway chalet would be a new themed tower themed to Rapunzel overlooking the area. This would become her new meet and greet making use of another small but yet usable piece of property.

Having an area like this with lots of greenery and tall trees would work great as well as a transitional area for when frontierland area eventually gets expanded. The expansion area north of big thunder mountain would sit right next to this new fantasyland expansion allowing for even greater guest flow in the northern part of the park.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I really think they should have demolished the Fantasyland theater and opened up that large piece of land for a Fantasyland expansion.

Once that was done they could have used that land to build a foresty area and picked the some of the best elements of the Beauty and the Beast section they built in the Magic kingdom and cloned them here. Better yet i would borrow the R and D from Mystic Manor and built an indoor trackless ride themed to Beauty and the Beast. if you kind of think about it Mystic Manor storyline has objects turning to life so how about having guest explore the Beast Castle in a tea cup where you see animatronic that represent the humans under the spell that turned them into furniture. One of the scenes could be the Be our Guest number where they have an in the round show while your tea cup moves freely inside.

During this expansion the backstage access tunnel that connects backstage to frontierland would be themed so that during the day it could be a main walkway for guests and in the evening a backstage access road for work vehicles.
    doing this would allow for better guest flow during parade times. the northern half of the park would not be cut off near the tea cups while parades are running.

The old skyway building would be rebuilt an an elevator would be integrated to allow ADA complaint access to the top. This elevator would be located in the new expansion area side. At the top of the hill instead of the old skyway chalet would be a new themed tower themed to Rapunzel overlooking the area. This would become her new meet and greet making use of another small but yet usable piece of property.

Having an area like this with lots of greenery and tall trees would work great as well as a transitional area for when frontierland area eventually gets expanded. The expansion area north of big thunder mountain would sit right next to this new fantasyland expansion allowing for even greater guest flow in the northern part of the park.
    I think if the new Fantasy Faire wasn't being built, it would be great for the Skyway area with a nice garden theme or something. Each princess could have their own little gazebo themed to their film. If not, I think just moving Rapunzel to a tower, giving Tiana a meet-and-greet in NOS, and giving Belle a meet-and-greet at a new ride that should be built for her would be great. Heck, I'm really not a fan of the new Fantasy Faire being in the hub so just building a new meet-and-greet section would be my personal choice if the other one wasn't already being built.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast