Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Question How could our Fantasyland be revamped?

So I'm just wondering, while Tomorrowland is definitely the priority, what would people do to remodel our Fantasyland? I think the expansion in front of the castle is great, but what about the rest? The parade route to me, takes up a lot of space and kinda kills the momentum built up by the area behind the castle. So my question is, given the space we have now, what would you do to create a Fantasyland that stays as immersive as that area all throughout?

Re: How could our Fantasyland be revamped?

It's my least favorite land (always has been), so I'd like to see something there that would be a draw for me. Maybe another thrill ride.

I would like to see something added to the motor boat cruise area and i am all for a ride replacing the fantasyland theater. Besides that I think fantasyland is perfect the way it is.

I would really like to see Autopia demolished, with the Southern half going to Tomorrowland for an ride based on the actual concept of Tomorrow/the future, and the half North of the sub lagoon going to a big Fantasyland expansion. Combine this area with the little pond, and the area east of Small World, and you have a substantial plot bigger than the current FL. Put a decaying Castle wall covered and broken up by towers, vines, and giant fantastical trees (to hide the monorail towers), and inside put a big Beauty & the Beast omnimover ride, a smaller, more traditional tracked Cinderella ride, and the Snow White coaster like the one in Florida.

• Under that tree again!

I think Fantasyland is really good. With the Princesses moving and a new show coming in it will be in much better shape than it currently is. The only thing I don't like is Small World Plaza is mostly a place to walk through. I'd like to see the old Motor Boat Cruise area be used for an attraction to fill out that area.

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

I'd love to see the old Skyway station become the new location of the Tangled meet-and-greet. Rapunzel's tower would look great in its place.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Rip up Toontown and use the space to expand, adding a Sleeping Beauty dark ride and another E-ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerHappy View Post
    I'd love to see the old Skyway station become the new location of the Tangled meet-and-greet. Rapunzel's tower would look great in its place.
    I like this idea though I think one of the difficulties with working with the old Fantasyland Skyway station is any attraction in this area attraction must meed ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements (wheelchair accessible). The elevation is a challenge.

For me, Fantasyland is so crammed with stuff that I find an area like the motorboat crusie area a mini oasis from the crowds.

If you want to expand Fantasyland, the easiest solution would be annex ToonTown and move into there.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerHappy View Post

That's a great idea! A tower would look really cool in that spot.

• Minion

I think Mulan and beauty and the beast could be made into entertaining attractions. Something non movie vased would be nice too, maybe something revolving around a dragon or Phoenix. Maybe Sleepy Hollow, nightmare before Christmas, or fantasia for those who don't enjoy princesses. Maybe a ride based off of the upcoming film frozen if it does well.

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    I like this idea though I think one of the difficulties with working with the old Fantasyland Skyway station is any attraction in this area attraction must meed ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements (wheelchair accessible). The elevation is a challenge.
    I can easily see ways to make a suitable zigzag ramp behind Stromboli's wagon (which leads up to the old Skyway station). That or they can take out a few chunks of earth to lower the elevation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I think Mulan and beauty and the beast could be made into entertaining attractions. .
    Mulan is really Adventureland not Fantasy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Rip up Toontown and use the space to expand, adding a Sleeping Beauty dark ride and another E-ticket.
    I could never support getting rid of an entire land. Especially one as well designed as Toontown.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    I would like to see something added to the motor boat cruise area and i am all for a ride replacing the fantasyland theater. Besides that I think fantasyland is perfect the way it is.
    Theatre is an important part of Disney parks. Those should never be sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I could never support getting rid of an entire land. Especially one as well designed as Toontown.
    I'm glad Holidayland was sacrificed for POTC and Haunted Mansion!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast