Make the third DLR a Disneyland 2.0 park

Make the third DLR park a Disneyland 2.0 park. I always wanted DL to be bigger so their could be even more attractions to enjoy DL is just not big enough so lets solve the problem by building another one. This park would have the basic layout of Disneyland and some of the same lands but would have different attractions. The new park would only have 4 lands because this park would be smaller than DL and with only 4 lands they could be bigger the lands would be Frontierland, Fantasyland, Adventureland and Tomorrowland all lands would meet at the hub just like at DL. Main street would be replaced with a old west town to its left would be the rest of Frontierland the main ride would be a pony express ride like at Knotts but themed better think big thunder but on horses . To the left of Frontierland would be Adventureland this land main ride would be a Indiana Jones mine cart roller coaster. This land would have Tom sawyers island themed to Adventureland because Adventureland and Frontierland would swap places in this park. To the left of Adventureland would be Fantasyland this park would have a DL castle but this one would be facing frontwards the castle at DL is facing backwards. The castle walls would encompass the entire land of Fantasyland allowing many kid friendly dark rides. The land would also have candy mountain the model is in the candy shop in BVS. To the left of Fantasyland would be Tomorrowland this land would have a Avator ride and a Star Wars ride. Their would only be one rule no cloned attractions their are plenty of Disney characters and franchises to chose from if you want to ride Dumbo DL is right down the street. But their would be a train circling the park one train station in each land this would be the exception to this rule.

• Minion

Re: Make the third DLR a Disneyland 2.0 park

Wow this reminds me of the Krusty Krab 2 from the Spongebob movie. Anyways, I don't think there should be two Disneylands in the same area. I think they should think of a new original concept for a thrid gate.

• Certified in everything

This sounds like a fantastic idea for a twist on a Magic Kingdom style park for somewhere else in the world (ala the Beijing expansion), but I don't think it works at all as a third gate. Essentially you are breaking your own "no cloning" rule by cloning Disneyland's entire concept right across from the original.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Under that tree again!

I like the hub and spoke design of the much adored Disneyland design and would like to see it used more.

Is Disneyland a small park? Not at all. It was very big when it was built compared to amusement parks of its time. When they built the second version of Disneyland Park they made it much bigger for one reason only, to let more people in. The Magic Kingdom in Florida is ok but not as great as the smaller original.

• -

Maybe they could build a CA Adventure II across the Esplanade II in front of Disneyland II.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

They should just build a "Disneyland '67" as a third gate to appease the "hey kids, get off my lawn!" people.

• some assembly required

I hate when kids tear up my lawn...

Anyway, I always thought that WDW was DL 2.0

As mentioned above, the OPs idea works, but not next to the original. I realize that ppl want more magic kindom style parks, or more square footage. I think the best way is to relocate as much as possible from the backstage areas, and what must stay, gets grouped in one smal area if possible. Then, DL can push out a bit beyond the berm. If they get really creative and want to push the borders, build a massive garage near TS lot and use the M&F (plus the backstage) and add a huge amount of land to the NW of the park.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)