Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Computers at the Resort and How They Work

    Does anyone know any secrets about the computer systems at the park? How do they work and what do they look like? I noticed over the years they have reprogramed the Indy vehicles to be toned down. How do they do this sort of stuff?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    350
    Why you want to hack in and mess around? =oP
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

    Former DCA Attractions CM

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    Why you want to hack in and mess around? =oP
    No it is just interesting how something that complicated works. It is sort of a hobby of mine. I love computers and electronics. As you can see by my sig I am starting my own PC company.

  4. #4

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Does anyone know any secrets about the computer systems at the park? How do they work and what do they look like? I noticed over the years they have reprogramed the Indy vehicles to be toned down. How do they do this sort of stuff?
    Well, from what I have seen and heard, a lot of the programming is done by Imagineers on systems designed by Imagineers which use equipment that is likewise designed by Imagineers. (Like they have a special control for AA's and the like)
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Well, from what I have seen and heard, a lot of the programming is done by Imagineers on systems designed by Imagineers which use equipment that is likewise designed by Imagineers. (Like they have a special control for AA's and the like)
    That is interesting but I dont know if they actually make all the equipment themselves. There must be some company out there that makes these things because other parks have them as well.

  6. #6

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That is interesting but I dont know if they actually make all the equipment themselves. There must be some company out there that makes these things because other parks have them as well.
    I know they make a lot of the equipment they use for programming things such as AA's but I believe for programming things like the vehicles they just use a computer and sync it to the scenery. For things like rides, that they outsource the construction to, the equimpent is made by the manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  7. #7

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    28

    Indiana Jones PC's

    I remember some discussion when the Indiana Jones attraction was just opening (geeze, '94 seems like it was just the other day...). The ride vehicles there were the first to use the Windows operatating system ... and each vehicle has an onboard PC. I think at the time they were running NT 3.0 (assume they've upgraded by now).

    There was also some "urban legend" about that which said that at times when the ride broke down, these PC's would be remote rebooted and that riders sitting in the back seat could hear the Window's boot-up fanfare music

  8. #8

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan-A-Dale
    I remember some discussion when the Indiana Jones attraction was just opening (geeze, '94 seems like it was just the other day...). The ride vehicles there were the first to use the Windows operatating system ... and each vehicle has an onboard PC. I think at the time they were running NT 3.0 (assume they've upgraded by now).

    There was also some "urban legend" about that which said that at times when the ride broke down, these PC's would be remote rebooted and that riders sitting in the back seat could hear the Window's boot-up fanfare music
    I thought I could hear someone playing "freecell in Indy. Hmmm.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan-A-Dale
    I remember some discussion when the Indiana Jones attraction was just opening (geeze, '94 seems like it was just the other day...). The ride vehicles there were the first to use the Windows operatating system ... and each vehicle has an onboard PC. I think at the time they were running NT 3.0 (assume they've upgraded by now).

    There was also some "urban legend" about that which said that at times when the ride broke down, these PC's would be remote rebooted and that riders sitting in the back seat could hear the Window's boot-up fanfare music
    LOL!!!! You could actually hear the windows music?

  10. #10

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    54
    the ride system computers are designed by scientific systems. the dark rides run on one computer the rest run on 3 to 4.
    you wouldn't hear the windows boot up music but the computer in tower at most attractions talk, its called fred. when the ride is reset and ready to open it says hang on to them hats and glasses in a very computer voice.
    i have no idea

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrmtnskp
    the ride system computers are designed by scientific systems. the dark rides run on one computer the rest run on 3 to 4.
    you wouldn't hear the windows boot up music but the computer in tower at most attractions talk, its called fred. when the ride is reset and ready to open it says hang on to them hats and glasses in a very computer voice.
    LOL they talk? Actually 3-4 computers is very impressive for how many effects they are doing at one time. I tried making my own attraction for halloween themed like the Haunted Mansion and it took me 4 computers to run everything. I had the stretching elevator, madame leota, lights, and effects; each running on a computer. So if you can imagine how many effects they have on Indy and only having 4 computers running it I am impressed.

Similar Threads

  1. I Work at The Disneyland Resort
    By DisneyMouse in forum Break Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
  2. [Question] Would the Dino Show work at Disneyland Resort............
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 04:52 AM
  3. Armchair Blue Skying the Whole Resort (A work in progress)
    By monotonehell in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 03:21 AM
  4. How Many People Work at the Disneyland Resort?
    By WRDup in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
  5. To CM or not to CM? - Whether to work at the Disney Resort
    By melmel in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 10:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •