Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Cool Beware - Strange happenings in January.. Hide your women and children...

That's right.. after a long haitus.. I now stand ready to invade the Californian soil.

Upon recognizing that my upcoming anniversary was one of those 'significant' ones where you should do something special I checked in and queried the wife to see if she was interested in heading to the DLR for a few days of vacation. She's a Disney fan, but not a Disney nut.. but has never been to Disneyland. In fact, I don't think she's ever been to California! So she's in.. and I just booked my airfare. Feels kinda wild to book a cross country vacation only a few weeks out.. but I'm committed now!

So watch out Micechatters.. We come to rock... Jan 1-5
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Beware - Strange happenings in January.. Hide your women and children...

Congratulations on your Anniversary, and booking a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I look forward to hearing all about it. I am assuming this is a romantic vacation for two, that does not include offspring.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Congratulations on your Anniversary, and booking a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I look forward to hearing all about it. I am assuming this is a romantic vacation for two, that does not include offspring.
    Yeah, leaving the kids at home and just doing a 'short' trip for us for the anniversary. Hoping to hook her on DL. But alas flights are still crazy expensive making is cost prohibative to bring the family for later trips.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Senior Minion

Two words: trip report!

...Okay, two more words: post pix!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Pilot EdForceOne

Just booked the Hilton through Last Minute Travel for $73/night (supposedly with the resort fee included..). So now I'm really locked in.

I really wish I could have done the DL Hotel - but it just seems like such a waste at $400+ night in the cool January. We can do the walk.. and I guess if Toy Story is running, can hop on there too.

Now, who wants to spare me buying park tickets? ? Or who wants to talk MC dirt at their Club 33 table It's my 'crystal' anniversary

Am I evil? yes, I am

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    That's right.. after a long haitus.. I now stand ready to invade the Californian soil.

Upon recognizing that my upcoming anniversary was one of those 'significant' ones where you should do something special I checked in and queried the wife to see if she was interested in heading to the DLR for a few days of vacation. She's a Disney fan, but not a Disney nut.. but has never been to Disneyland. In fact, I don't think she's ever been to California! So she's in.. and I just booked my airfare. Feels kinda wild to book a cross country vacation only a few weeks out.. but I'm committed now!

So watch out Micechatters.. We come to rock... Jan 1-5
    Congrats on the anniversary!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Selfie Expert

Yay!! Congratulations on your anniversary and your adventure!! You're both going to love it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

awesome dude grats!!!! I have done the past 4 New years there and probably this one too. It's awesome enjoy!!!!!!

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope your vacation is beyond fantastic!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• No Disassemble!

I really look forward to your trip report!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Be sure to get your buttons!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Great to see that you are finally coming to California after reading one of the many posts you have posted on this forum!

I still clearly remembered reading your trip report on your trip on the Disney Cruise line with the some of the Micechatters. Hope you do a trip report once you're done vacationing.

By the way, are you planning to watch the Rose Parade?
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Great to see that you are finally coming to California after reading one of the many posts you have posted on this forum!

I still clearly remembered reading your trip report on your trip on the Disney Cruise line with the some of the Micechatters. Hope you do a trip report once you're done vacationing.
    thanks! those interested should be able to find my 2007 TR too. But this will actually be my first trip back west since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    By the way, are you planning to watch the Rose Parade?
    That would have been a great idea! but we won't get into john wayne till like 1pm so we'll miss it. I was torn on flying on dec 31 and then kind of having to figure NYE out there.. so eventually just took the 'easy' way out and decided to fly on the 1st

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A lot has changed in 5 years. You may both feel like newbies. I always fly into John Wayne, and then I catch the Disneyland Express Bus. It's easy, cheap, and really doesn't take long at all once you board the bus. Approaching Harbor Blvd, and seeing the Palm Trees, The Matterhorn, and eventually the Disneyland sign, always makes my heart skip a beat. It's a wonderful feeling.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Happy anniversary! I hope you two have a great trip!

I'm driving down with the kids at the same time. We will be there 1/2-1/6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast