Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• film975

Re: Details on BTMRR refurb

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes the Matterhorn refurb. I never liked the older seats there. And with the single rider line, I go on the ride more often.

Still trying to figure out if people are serious when they say OTSR for BTMRR

If they go to divided seats, and the sliding stops, will the Goat Trick no longer work?? (Because if so, this would be a HUGE downer for me!)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Still trying to figure out if people are serious when they say OTSR for BTMRR

If they go to divided seats, and the sliding stops, will the Goat Trick no longer work?? (Because if so, this would be a HUGE downer for me!)
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Let me start off with the unfounded rumors.

Adding a loop of course as the first rumor.
    Over the shoulder individual seat harnesses.
    Door that opens at the last hill.
    No more Rainbow Ridge.
    Realigning the tracks for bigger drops and smoother turns....
    More AA all over the place.
    Engines in the rear to push the trains instead of the front to pull them.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm probably one of the few who actually likes the Matterhorn refurb. I never liked the older seats there. And with the single rider line, I go on the ride more often.
    Off topic, but I am with you on this one. I love the single rider line for the Matterhorn and the sleds don't bother me in the slightest.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    This. It's a slow ride, but the ability to slide around a little in the seats makes it seem much faster and more intense. If they put in individual lap bars and separate seats, the ride will seem far less exciting. I don't see it happening, however, since WDW just had a similar refurb to theirs and its trains are exactly the same.
    The Magic Kingdom refurbishment was not nearly as extensive as what is going to take place at Disneyland, so I am not sure it is a good metric for expectations. Unless there is some sort of external reasoning, I do not see why Disney would desire separating the seats. Unlike the Matterhorn, you do not have many people sitting alone on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Matterhorn had the issue of a more sizable gap between theoretical and actual hourly capacity.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Magic Kingdom refurbishment was not nearly as extensive as what is going to take place at Disneyland, so I am not sure it is a good metric for expectations. Unless there is some sort of external reasoning, I do not see why Disney would desire separating the seats. Unlike the Matterhorn, you do not have many people sitting alone on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Matterhorn had the issue of a more sizable gap between theoretical and actual hourly capacity.
    I was more trying to state that if it were a lawyer called for change they would have done it to Magic Kingdom's when it was down. I don't see why separating the seats would help but it wouldn't surprise me with how safety oriented Disney has been recently.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I was more trying to state that if it were a lawyer called for change they would have done it to Magic Kingdom's when it was down. I don't see why separating the seats would help but it wouldn't surprise me with how safety oriented Disney has been recently.
    California has greater state-level oversight of permanent amusement attractions than Florida.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    California has greater state-level oversight of permanent amusement attractions than Florida.
    True. I didn't state it was hard evidence, just what made me feel it was unlikely.

• We Go On.

I hope they don't make the change to the brown and grey color scheme for the trains like DLRP and TDL, but I find that unlikely as they mentioned that they should look the same. I love the iconic orangey color and the red engines.

• The doctor is in

Well, if they put over the shoulder restraints it will keep us from falling out during the added loop.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Under that tree again!

All these ignorant comparisons about what happened to the Matterhorn trains and that it could happen to the BTMRR trains. Seriously take a breath and think.

The Matterhorn had long passenger compartments that allowed for lap riders or riding single if you were a large person. The majority of complaints about the new trains is the tight leg room in the new vehicles where seating is just for one person. The lesser complaint was about the bumpy ride which if you have a memory was still present in the old trains. Half the padding in the seats is gone because you can't sit in someone's lap.

The Big Thunder Trains never had the tight inline seating. The Big Thunder Trains earned complaints from the side by side lap bar seating, which allowed passngers to slide sideways bumping into each other, and crushing the smaller passenger.

Unless the cars get smaller like the GSS cars with little footroom, it's not likely the seating will get worse.

In the Disney Parks Blog post they worded it to alleviate some of these rumors(fears).

New ride vehicles (but don’t worry – they’ll still look like the trains that you know and love!)
    Track replacement (but the attraction will still follow its current course)

• -

Dual lap bars can only enhance the experience while making it safer at the same time. Should this change occure, I will enjoy it more because I will no longer be slammed into the person next to me. It would also be safer in instances where there is someone with tree trunk thighs sitting next to someone with a skeleton build. There is no way the lap bar can come down far enough to hold Skeletor in place and thus it makes it easier for the person to slip out of the restraint if they are so inclined, or for a person who does not appreciate the danger to turn completely around in their seat to get a rear view or talk to people behind them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Dual lap bars can only enhance the experience while making it safer at the same time. Should this change occure, I will enjoy it more because I will no longer be slammed into the person next to me. It would also be safer in instances where there is someone with tree trunk thighs sitting next to someone with a skeleton build. There is no way the lap bar can come down far enough to hold Skeletor in place and thus it makes it easier for the person to slip out of the restraint if they are so inclined, or for a person who does not appreciate the danger to turn completely around in their seat to get a rear view or talk to people behind them.
    This.

Also LOLing super hard @ Skeletor.

• Johnny and Me!

If the trains are converted to separate seats, does anyone think there will there be a single rider line added?

• Banned User

They don't really say anything new in the article. This really looks more like extended maintenance than anything to get excited about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast