Thread: Goofy's Kitchen

Smile Goofy's Kitchen

We have dined at Minnie's breakfast several times & have really enjoyed it. We've decided this trip we'd try a new character dining experience & have had many suggestions for Goofy's kitchen. We plan to go to dinner on a Saturday in February. This is the day we arrive, we don't plan to go into the park til the following day we're just going to enjoy downtown Disney. I thought this would be a perfect time to do a character dine as well, as we won't feel rushed to "get back to the park".
    I had originally planned to go right at 5, the start of dinner but then called to make the reservation & went w/ 6 but now am 2nd guessing myself as always & I am wondering if there is a better time to go? Earlier, later, does it matter? I've noticed the handful of times I've gone to Minnie's breakfast that the earlier we went the better, but is dinner different?
    We of course want the most interaction w/ the least amount of other diners possible.
    You all have never led me astray so I thank you in advance for any insight! Thanks!
    ~Nikole

• Under that tree again!

Re: Goofy's Kitchen

You may just want to try for the earlier dinner instead of one at 6 when more people will want to eat.

Thanks Swampy that is what I was thinking intially. I think I'll call back & change the reservation time to 5.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

You might check with the Paradise Pier Hotel and their character breakfast. There aren't as many characters, but the interaction was pretty nice. Perhaps you could try that another trip!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    You might check with the Paradise Pier Hotel and their character breakfast. There aren't as many characters, but the interaction was pretty nice. Perhaps you could try that another trip!
    You mean the Lilo and Stitch one? I actually prefer that one over Goofy's Kitchen. Last time I went there seemed like less people and a more cozy environment and all the characters got one on one with my son for quite a long time. We got Stitch, Lilo, Donald, Minnie and Pluto (I think it was Pluto...will have to check my photos...)

Yes, fewer characters....but still a good time.
    For the love of Disney....

• I'm a fiddle player......

It is very good. I think the food is way better than Minnies and the place isnt very big so you get a lot of character interaction.

Thank you for the Lilo & Stitch suggestions. I do want to try it at some point in the future. I think the reason I've avoided anything other than Minnie's breakfast in the past is the hotels are soo far away from the park. I feel like it takes away from the day to have to walk to & from the hotels as we never stay on Disney property, just too pricey for just a bed to sleep in, for me anyhow. We did do the Ariel's lunch 1 time but we weren't all too impressed. I felt like it was too much money for what you got compared to the Minnie breakfast. My hubby isn't a gourmet kind of guy so there was really nothing that he liked, the kids didn't really like theirs, I thought the food was ok, but nothing to rave about for the mula spent & only to see 5 princesses, compared to the 7-9 character we usually see at Minnie's & we always LOVE the food at Minnie's... Anyhow I would eventually like to try them all at some point! For now I did change my Goofy reservation to 5 so I hope it works as well as I hope!

• Queen Elsa

6 oclock is a prefect time I have done that time alot you get alot of food there and the characters do come out alot faster around that time then say 8 or 9 and u get anywhere between 5 and 7 characters there. Either Pluto or Goofy is the first character you meet just before you go inside the restrant [ms].

Here are some pics from the last time I was there which was in March of this year.

Also this is the only place you can fine Belle in her blue dress if she shows up at Goofy's.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I thought this was a cute pic of Stitch wearing my hubby's hat when we took our grand to the breakfast at Paradise Pier for the first time.Name:  DCA_stitch_kyla.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  159.3 KB
    Last edited by HiddenMickeyBook; 12-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Really really great pics! Thank you guys so much for sharing! Makes me even more stoked to go!