Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Goofy

Re: Disneyland with NEWBIES! Dec 10 & 11, 2012

good trip report thanks

• Under that tree again!

How did you earn your Honorary Citizen pin?

• Selfie Expert

I was being a "tour guide" to my friends, sharing the magic of Disneyland.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    ***Part Two/Day Two***

Our second day started with us meeting some characters. I took pictures of the girls with Cruella - it was the same one I had met at the Halloween Party. She's really fun!

And we stopped for a group photo with Mickey and Minnie. The lines were all very short, and in every line the guest behind us was happy to take our pictures for us. A very pleasant experience!

Then we hopped on the main street car (I'm not sure what it is officially called) for a ride to the castle. I have never ridden any of the main street vehicles, so I loved this! Our driver told us that this particular car was built in 1958, and Walt drove it around the park himself. SO. AWESOME.

Then we saw Alice and the Hatter. The Hatter can always be counted on for being in great character. As usual, I felt like I was towering over them so I'm doing my awkward slightly-bent-down pose lol

Next was Matterhorn. This one has a great CM story. So, as you have seen, on my rides I hold out my arm and try to get a picture of all four of us on the ride. Well, I did just that, and got this as a result:

Not bad! But the CM who did the final safety check, right before the tunnel saw me take it. He stopped the ride, grabbed my camera, got INTO THE TUNNEL in front of us, and took this:

His foot! Haha but wait, there's more.

He got an awesome picture of us about to ride Matterhorn!! Totally made my impending headache, bruisedknees, and backpain allllll worth it. This CM really went out of his was to make our visit magical. I LOVE IT!

Next up is the Submarines. We all agreed that this ride seems a little claustrophic, but we eventually all boarded and we were ready to go!

A success!

Next stop was one I had never done - Pixie Hollow! My friend NEEDED to meet Tink, so off we went. Only about a 30 minute wait posted.

Killing time taking pictures in line

The CM, Raymond, who worked this area was absolutely hilarious. I could've stayed and talked to him all day! I demanded a photo with him.

Yay I can finally confirm what a giant I am!

It was all worth it to see my friend with her photo with Tink. It was like she had met the freaking Pope. So fun!

Star Tours was calling my name with a 5 minute wait, so we headed over there.

And guess what?! Bucket list item off the list: I'm the Rebel Spy.

I bought the R2D2 Mickey Ears in celebration. YAY!!

We made a quick run through AstroBlasters, where Rachel kicked everyone's butt.

Despite Raymond's warnings about Small World, he agreed with me that my friends HAD to ride it, so that's what we did next.

From there we decided we needed to get on the water rides before it starts cooling down. To Splash Mountain!

We got the time key/lanyard thing they use to check wait time. I have never been selected, so this was yet another thing off my Disney Bucket List!!!

We all donned our poncho apparel for Splash

On our way out of DLR to head to DCA for Grizzly River Run I stopped to watch part of the flag ceremony. Another item on my bucket list (check!)
    ]

TIME FOR GRIZZLY RIVER RUN!
    We boarded a float with two elderly women, so we had the yellow flag on our float which requires us to get off at a different exit.... so needless to say, we would get to this exit and be asked if we want to go again since there was no wait. Those ladies went on 3 back-to-back rides with us. We went one more after they exited, making our record 4 back-to-back rides. We took pictures at the start of each ride, and one at the end. Notice how soaked we go.

And finally

We headed back to DL to catch the Christmas lights

And finally, fireworks.

It was a full day being at the parks open to close. We fit SO MUCH IN, but there a still a few things I wish we could've seen. I think I a good job of making sure everyone got to see and do what they really wanted to, they saw for the most part what DL has to offer, and I didn't overwhelm them with trivia. It was just... GREAT!!

We lived happily ever after. The end@
    Kelly, did you buy those yellow ponchos at the park? I was wondering if they were still available in the parks? Thanks!
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    good trip report thanks
    Thank you!!

• Selfie Expert

We bought our ponchos at Wal-Mart, but I'm pretty sure they sell ponchos in the park in the gift shops of the water rides!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12