Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Disneyland with NEWBIES! Dec 10 & 11, 2012

So as many of you know, I took three of my girlfriends on a trip to Disneyland with me this week. It was SO FUN! I acted as tour guide, and they wanted to see everything... I had a lot on my plate, but I had willing and enthusiastic participants. I don't think it could have gone any better.

We met up in our hospital parking lot and headed out from AZ at about 0530. We got to the park by about 11! I had never made the drive myself or parked on Disney property (my husband always drive), so I proud that I got us all there in one piece.

When we walked through the bag check, we saw the lines for DL were pretty long, and DCA were pretty short. I didn't plan to go to DCA first, but we decided to kick our trip off in that park. Our first stop was Monster's Inc, which everyone loved, followed by my favorite: TOWER OF TERROR!!

The girls had a blast on this ride, as always. Plus we had fun looking at our photo.

Next stop: It's Tough to be a Bug!

Everyone enjoyed this one as well. I had only gone on it once before, very recently, and thought it was just plain fun. I'm glad they agreed!!

We walked through Cars Land, but didn't stop to do any rides due to crowds. We were on too tight of a schedule to wait over an hour for any of these rides (sorry to those who love them, but they aren't high priority for me!)

It's always breath-taking in Cars Land.

We stopped in front of Mickey's Fun Wheel for the obligatory photo op, then made our way to Screamin'!

I made the most beautiful face I could muster up

Next up was a ride on King Triton's Carousel - something I had never done!

We all boarded Goofy's Sky School

We laughed through the whole thing. This ride is really growing on me.

After a spin on the Little Mermaid, we headed to Disneyland!

I was DYING to get on Indiana Jones, so we went to check out the wait. 35 minutes posted - LETS GO!

We're all buckled in and I can't wait to see the new ride and to see my friends' reactions to what I think is the most amazing ride in the resort!!!!

They loved it and were amazed at the whole thing... Just like me. ;-)

Next we headed to NOS to ride Pirates.

Yes I have pictures of us on a lot of rides like this, and YES I'm amazing at taking pictures holding my hand out!! :0P

During the ride, we had an empty boat in front of us that appeared to go off track after the battle scene. It floated to the left, then appeared to be hooked and pulled in under a tunnel that I had never noticed. There were people with flashlights looking at it. After being stuck there a few minutes, the ride resumed.... until the end. We got stuck for about 15 minutes TWO boats away from the exit platform.

This made us sad. We were wasting precious time!

Next up was HMH. Another guest saw me trying my "handout" method to take a picture of all of us with the mansion, and asked if he could take a picture for me. He took this picture for us, and I am SO THANKFUL! It's one of my favorites!

I got yelled at for using a flash to take this picture, but it was in the loading area (I PROMISE) so I didn't think it would be a big deal. Lesson learned!

MANDATORY CHURRO PHOTO PRIOR TO CONSUMPTION

Winni the Pooh!

Tigger was so bouncy and happy!!

I think we embarrassed Pooh... we're good at that.

Thunder Mountain - another of my favorites! I taught the girls the goat trick - and they loved it!

Amusing action shot

The next stop was King Arthur's Carousel - I was on a personal mission to ride Jingles (it's on my Disney bucket list!). My mission was thwarted after I was told that Jingles is out for refurbishment since Julie Andrews would be in the park later this month. Boo. Oh well, it is now a mission for my trip in February!!

My alternate steed still provided a fun ride!

And my friends had fun!

And he had the goofiest horse ears ever. Love it!

Next up: SPACE MOUNTAIN!

Hilarity ensues

And with that, we ended our first day there. We were all completely exhausted by 7pm. We went back to parking and drove to our hotel - the Travelodge. After some horrible customer service, room key issues, followed by more poor service) we finally got into our rooms. We dropped our stuff off, then headed out to find something for dinner. We decided on Taco Bell, then all went back to our rooms, showered, and passed out. We needed to rest up for day 2...

I'll continue with Day 2 later!! Hope you're enjoyed the first day! Please let me know if any photos don't work or are duplicated!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Disneyland with NEWBIES! Dec 10 & 11, 2012

FUN FUN!

Thanks for sharing those!

and either you were in RSR or about to visit God... (that was some bright sun there)

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Glad you ladies had fun!! I can't wait for more!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Team Hail HYDRA

same here
    you did a lot

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Lol that guy's face in the lower right on the ToT photo

Great pictures
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• DLR Softie

Loving this pic!!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    FUN FUN!

Thanks for sharing those!

and either you were in RSR or about to visit God... (that was some bright sun there)
    I know!! It was very much "LOOOOOK INTO THE LIIIIIGHT!" Must've been that holy churro I ate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Glad you ladies had fun!! I can't wait for more!!!
    We had SO MUCH fun!!! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    same here
    you did a lot
    I did more in this trip than I have in a long time... Funny how that happens when you're going with people who don't have APs/haven't gone in a long time (or ever)!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Lol that guy's face in the lower right on the ToT photo

Great pictures
    That guy's face was so awesome! I'm going to steal it for my next trip if I remember! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post

Loving this pic!!
    Turned out to be a fun picture!! I love when I can get the sun in like that. And thank you!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Great pics and story to boot! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Absolutely amazing. You sure packed a lot into one day. I love trip reports, and yours is super. Your shirts are really cute. Looks like the weather cooperated with you as well.

Lol, got snagged by the Haunted Mansion police huh? Awesome TR!

• Sock Puppet

travelodge issues.. oh boy! lol..and u got in trouble for flash on HM!!!!!!!! come on your a micechat member, you should know better then flash photos on rides Kelly! RFLOL just kidding!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Great pics and story to boot! Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    Thanks!! It was a lot of fun!! I'm dying to put up the second day TR but don't have time... have some great stories about CMs in that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Absolutely amazing. You sure packed a lot into one day. I love trip reports, and yours is super. Your shirts are really cute. Looks like the weather cooperated with you as well.
    Thanks! We really did pack so much in... It was really great (and exhausting). I'm so glad I was able to show them *almost* everything I wanted to in two days. The weather was absolutely beautiful - we really lucked out!! One of the other ladies bought us all the shirts, and we had matching earrings, too, because we're cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    Lol, got snagged by the Haunted Mansion police huh? Awesome TR!
    Yeah... Guilty as charged... But I promise it was in the load area!!! Hehe Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    travelodge issues.. oh boy! lol..and u got in trouble for flash on HM!!!!!!!! come on your a micechat member, you should know better then flash photos on rides Kelly! RFLOL just kidding!
    I know, I know!! I was even telling my friends not to use a flash, especially in HM and POTC, but we got stuck for a second in the load area of HM so I turned around and snapped that pic... then got yelled at! Hehe oh well I guess the CM was just doing her job!

• Selfie Expert

***Part Two/Day Two***

Our second day started with us meeting some characters. I took pictures of the girls with Cruella - it was the same one I had met at the Halloween Party. She's really fun!

And we stopped for a group photo with Mickey and Minnie. The lines were all very short, and in every line the guest behind us was happy to take our pictures for us. A very pleasant experience!

Then we hopped on the main street car (I'm not sure what it is officially called) for a ride to the castle. I have never ridden any of the main street vehicles, so I loved this! Our driver told us that this particular car was built in 1958, and Walt drove it around the park himself. SO. AWESOME.

Then we saw Alice and the Hatter. The Hatter can always be counted on for being in great character. As usual, I felt like I was towering over them so I'm doing my awkward slightly-bent-down pose lol

Next was Matterhorn. This one has a great CM story. So, as you have seen, on my rides I hold out my arm and try to get a picture of all four of us on the ride. Well, I did just that, and got this as a result:

Not bad! But the CM who did the final safety check, right before the tunnel saw me take it. He stopped the ride, grabbed my camera, got INTO THE TUNNEL in front of us, and took this:

His foot! Haha but wait, there's more.

He got an awesome picture of us about to ride Matterhorn!! Totally made my impending headache, bruisedknees, and backpain allllll worth it. This CM really went out of his was to make our visit magical. I LOVE IT!

Next up is the Submarines. We all agreed that this ride seems a little claustrophic, but we eventually all boarded and we were ready to go!

A success!

Next stop was one I had never done - Pixie Hollow! My friend NEEDED to meet Tink, so off we went. Only about a 30 minute wait posted.

Killing time taking pictures in line

The CM, Raymond, who worked this area was absolutely hilarious. I could've stayed and talked to him all day! I demanded a photo with him.

Yay I can finally confirm what a giant I am!

It was all worth it to see my friend with her photo with Tink. It was like she had met the freaking Pope. So fun!

Star Tours was calling my name with a 5 minute wait, so we headed over there.

And guess what?! Bucket list item off the list: I'm the Rebel Spy.

I bought the R2D2 Mickey Ears in celebration. YAY!!

We made a quick run through AstroBlasters, where Rachel kicked everyone's butt.

Despite Raymond's warnings about Small World, he agreed with me that my friends HAD to ride it, so that's what we did next.

From there we decided we needed to get on the water rides before it starts cooling down. To Splash Mountain!

We got the time key/lanyard thing they use to check wait time. I have never been selected, so this was yet another thing off my Disney Bucket List!!!

We all donned our poncho apparel for Splash

On our way out of DLR to head to DCA for Grizzly River Run I stopped to watch part of the flag ceremony. Another item on my bucket list (check!)
    ]

TIME FOR GRIZZLY RIVER RUN!
    We boarded a float with two elderly women, so we had the yellow flag on our float which requires us to get off at a different exit.... so needless to say, we would get to this exit and be asked if we want to go again since there was no wait. Those ladies went on 3 back-to-back rides with us. We went one more after they exited, making our record 4 back-to-back rides. We took pictures at the start of each ride, and one at the end. Notice how soaked we go.

And finally

We headed back to DL to catch the Christmas lights

And finally, fireworks.

It was a full day being at the parks open to close. We fit SO MUCH IN, but there a still a few things I wish we could've seen. I think I a good job of making sure everyone got to see and do what they really wanted to, they saw for the most part what DL has to offer, and I didn't overwhelm them with trivia. It was just... GREAT!!

We lived happily ever after. The end@

Looks like a fabulous trip! You managed to do a ton of things and looked like you were having a blast doing them!But I have to ask... "The goat trick"???
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    Looks like a fabulous trip! You managed to do a ton of things and looked like you were having a blast doing them!But I have to ask... "The goat trick"???
    I actually learned about the goat trick from here! When you're on Thunder Mountain, you know that goat with the dynamite in his mouth? As your passing him (it's a tight turn around him) keep your eyes on him as long as you can by turning your body at the same time. So basically you turn around in your seat as your train goes around the turn, and it just makes that turn seem really extreme. The first time I tried the goat trick I only turned my head and not my body, and it didn't work. Make sure to actually turn your body as far as you can. It's really fun and apparently well-known!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast