Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Up-charging Getting Ridiculous: $70 Blackout Day Pass

Is that true? I had heard Christmas Day and New Year's Eve were some of the most crowded days, and those are blackouts...

I'm not sure if you meant to imply that planning days around blackouts is stupid, as that is what makes sense (they blackout the busiest, most in-demand days as those are the days people would be willing to pay for a blackout), but your comment is kind of offensive.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Is that true? I had heard Christmas Day and New Year's Eve were some of the most crowded days, and those are blackouts...

Correct.

You couldn't pay me to go to Disneyland the week of Christmas and New Years.

Went there once during that time...never again.

I like the fact that it keeps the crowds down. You're still getting into the park at a great discounted rate.

I think that Disney should charge as much as people are willing to pay. It's the American Way!

• Not on the Jedi Council

Sorry... it was Clara's post that mentioned the kid... but the question still stands, why set the adult price from the age of 3?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Sorry... it was Clara's post that mentioned the kid... but the question still stands, why set the adult price from the age of 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There is no child rate for APs so no child rate for the blockout tickets.
    Ah yes, It was me that mentioned the child.

And I think there should be a child rate PAP. I would like both my kid and I to not have block out days but I can't validate paying extra for a PAP for a child when he won't use the merch discounts or free parking because that is what my PAP offers and he is always with me. I think there should be a PAP at a child rate that does not include any discounts or free parking yet is lower than the PAP is.

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Everyone is given a list of blackout dates when you purchase the pass, its also easy to find online. People should be happy that they are paying a little over half of what a one day park hopper ticket is when they buy a blackout ticket.

"I cant believe Disney jacked up the price!" - Guess what, Disney is a business. Their goal as a business is to make money. They aren't gouging you by making you pay around half price of a full ticket.

"I cant believe I wasnt given full admission because of "X" event" - Did it say anywhere that would would be given admission into the park for participating is the event?

I apologize up front if your offended by these comments but people need to understand that Disney isn't gouging you, on the food and drinks maybe, but not on black out day tickets.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    And I think there should be a child rate PAP. I would like both my kid and I to not have block out days but I can't validate paying extra for a PAP for a child when he won't use the merch discounts or free parking because that is what my PAP offers and he is always with me. I think there should be a PAP at a child rate that does not include any discounts or free parking yet is lower than the PAP is.
    I do wish there was child prices APs. I could understand if there is concern that they would be shared with older siblings, or lacking ID, 12 years old would be getting child APs. Along those lines I wish there was an age 65+ ticket/AP, it would encourage grandparents to spoil grand kids in the parks instead of zoos.

I go to Disneyland resort on Christmas day to celebrate a friends birthday, which by the way passed away a month ago, and i have never found it to be crowded on that day. Seems like most people go before or after that day and just stay home with family on the 25th.

will still go this year in honor of my friend may he rest in peace

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That thinking is very 20th century. The days that have AP blackouts are now some of the least busy days of the week during the peak vacation periods of Christmas, Spring Break, and summer. The smart folks plan their visits for the days when the most amount of AP's are blocked out, and then they enjoy lower attendance than when all the AP's can come in at random.
    It is impossible that this is 20th century thinking when the AP population explosion really didn't occur until the last couple of years. That is when crowd patterns changed and days that were typically very busy at the resort changed due to blackout days. When Cars Land opened, I went on one of the first days that the lower level passholders were blocked. It was nowhere near as crazy as the reports of the days before that when anyone with a pass could come in.

I think if they really wanted to control crowds, they should only offer the premium level pass with no payment options. Visiting the park would be a beautiful thing under those conditions.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It is impossible that this is 20th century thinking when the AP population explosion really didn't occur until the last couple of years. That is when crowd patterns changed and days that were typically very busy at the resort changed due to blackout days.
    I would say the growth in APs shifted the attendance pattern starting roughly 5 years ago around the blockout days. However in the last couple years a new pattern emerged. The shift from SoCal APs being the bigger group to Delux and Premium being the bigger group of APs has also shifted the pattern in a new way.

Also this year we may of seen many more visitors than in the past, and the shift from DL to DCA for Carsland is adjusting the crowd patterns.

I bought a SoCal Select pass because I don't go on weekends or holidays anyway, with one exception: New Year's Eve. I don't mind paying $70 for that. In fact, I'm thinking of buying my next pass on NYE itself, meaning I won't have to pay for a blackout day, since they allow you to visit the parks on the day you buy the pass.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

I wonder if there is any possible way that we can have the Gumball Rally on a non-blackout date?

I was a little shocked at the price, too.

Thinking about it, I guess it would be right to charge full price for a blacked out day. I won't say I'd like it, but I can see the logic. Then again, given the prices, it almost makes sense to skip having a pass and just pay for the couple of days that I want to go, since it's almost that expensive anyway.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    We've all been watching DLR pricing for all sorts of things skyrocket. Disneyland is not a cheap hobby, but it is still the nearest and dearest to my heart.

I'm planning on getting my mother a holiday Disneyland Resort trip for Christmas. Out of mere curiosity and concern that I might have to visit on a blackout day, I wanted to see how much the going rate is for a Blackout Day Pass.

It's $70. $70!!! Just a few years ago it was $40! What the heck?!!

I'd really like to give the people that make these types of decisions a piece of my mind. They've always been greedy, and we recently found out that they are essentially Scrooges as well with their plans for next year's holiday season, but I have to ask - what's the breaking point? When will it stop?

I think they've upped the Blackout Day tickets $10 a year in recent history. How does this make any sense? If someone just spent $10 more, they would have a one day one park ticket.

I don't know, am I alone in thinking this is nuts? I think I'm finally reaching my breaking point with DLR. Obviously I love the parks and have absolutely no intention of ever contemplating getting a Blackout Day ticket again, but I feel like Disney has trampled on my good will far too much recently. Anyone else feel this way?

This is why a Premium AP is more attractive.
    Should have planned ahead, some would say.
    a discounted day pass is still a perk, compared to no discount.

I don't see the issue.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast