• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Brad Paisley 12-13-12 in Radiator Springs for Xmas day show

In radiator springs right now and they are taking down stage that brad paisley used earlier today. He was performing for the disney xmas special. The stage was set in middle of the street between. Cozy cone flos lizzies and ramones. Unfortunately. I didn't see the taping. Did anyone get to see it in person? Makes sense that they would want to show off the new land district on the special. Although a little surprised that they were still taping. West coast stuff for the special today. They usually wrap that stuff up during the 1st couple weeks of november.

Re: Brad Paisley 12-13-12 in Radiator Springs for Xmas day show

Walked through the area, didn't stay to listen but there were a lot of people there. Big stage, lots of lights, viewing areas rather far from the stage. Probably pretty cool for fans.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I went to the parks today, showed up at about noon. Walked over to Cars Land, nothing really going on around it, just the stage set up. I went back at 3:30 to wait for the performance at 5pm, and there already was a standby queue along the side of Luigi's flying tires, towards the side entrance of Bugs Land. As Brad Paisley is one of my favorite artists, I hopped in line and was about 20-25 deep. More and more people came, and they ended up having the line double back twice, lots of people!

At 5pm they started to move us into the viewing spot in the order that we arrived. I was able to get a nice spot, about five rows back, right in the center. After filling in all the space, there was a noticeable gap between the stage and the fans. They filmed the band playing the song with no vocals, but close ups on each member of the band.

They then introduced Brad to the stage, everyone of course went crazy. He then started singing "Behind the Clouds" from the Cars Soundtrack, everyone clapped along and enjoyed themselves! After his first performance, the stage manager came back on the stage and told everyone that they can now approach the stage, so those in the first row would be right up to the stage just like a concert. Brad then played his song again, followed by some more camera angles. Brad took this time to "chastise" us and said, "All you people should be at work, it's a Thursday. Who comes to Disneyland on a Thursday??" In his very own sense of humor that he has. He then played his song one last time, and he was done. He thanked everyone for coming out to see him, and was gone.

Name:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 349
Size:  149.3 KB

The Stage manager came back and had the song played back to us, while the camera crew focused on the crowd this time. So who knows, I may be on TV this Christmas morning!

After that, I left and went back to Disneyland to see Dick Van Dike at the Candlelight Ceremony. Great Disney Day!

Just wanted to share my experience of how it went!

^NICE! I dont know who he is, but i am glad you had a good time and enjoy his music. Thanks for the update! great picture!

Nice picture! I'm glad you got to hear him. I must have walked past before they let everybody get close- that's a much better viewing location than what I saw.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.