Can't argue with anything you wrote. Well said.That's a rather elitist statement considering the number of errors journalists make on a daily basis.
As for the future of Tomorrowland, here's my take:
- There's no way Disney will touch the Monorail track. Any Monorail modification would be crazy expensive. They will literally build attractions around the Monorail track; just like they built another theme park, shopping center and upscale hotel around the Monorail track
- No matter what the plan is for Tomorrowland, Autopia will not be part of it in any form. It's a dated concept. The lines are long because is a slow-cycling ride. Sure, kids already at Disneyland want to drive the Autopia cars. But nobody comes to Disneyland to drive the Autopia cars. Disneyland needs attractions that will give people a reason to visit from out of state. Yes, Autopia is doomed
- No matter what the plan is for Tomorrowland, it will not include the submarines in any form. That attraction was a quick-fix for a park that was jammed with people and lacking attractions. It's a labor-intensive, slow-cycling maintenance nightmare. Say , "Buh-bye" to the subs
- DCA taught the Walt Disney Company a very hard lesson about building attractions on the cheap. And the competition from other theme parks is more intense than ever before. Therefore, we should expect something new and impressive in the Disneyland Tomorrowland and not a Walt Disney World retread
- I think it's very unlikely Disney will duplicate Mission:Space anywhere. That attraction makes far too many people sick. They won't be building another "Vomit Comet" at Disneyland or anywhere else
- The People Mover track will be demolished and not replaced. The original track was damaged beyoned repair by the Rocket Rods. It's not structurally sound enough to support anything other than itself. And rebuilding the track for a snoozer ride isn't going to happen
I admit I don't have any good predictions for what will be in a new Tomorrowland. But I'm pretty sure about the stuff that won't be there.