Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

• jeffrey

Re: Is Disneyland's Autopia Doomed?

hahahaha! Golden rule of journalism, and any citation: NO WIKIPEDIA!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    It belongs behind or in place of luigis tires. Can't wait for marvel and new Star Wars to bring down the long sub lines. Marvel will be amazing there.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for another Star Wars attraction. There is already a major E-ticket, a show and occasional walk around characters there. The land really doesn't have the room or the need for another one.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I rode it the first time i visited the park, after that, i never bothered. Wasnt my cup of tea. But, it still draws a crowd. It does take up alot of real estate. Just think of how many gift shops and meet and greets you could fit in there( i hope my sarcasm is noted as humor)....lol

I've never been a fan of Autopia, even when I was a kid. I'd love to see Mission Space at Disneyland, or even Alien Encounter, which was my favorite attraction at WDW until they ripped it out for a stupid Lilo and Stitch ride.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I don't think the Autopia will disapear entirly. Remember its one of the original so there is a chance its size maybe downgrade in favor for a new a new attraction...or a path extention on the east side of the Matterhorn. But I think that we will see inoventions go because remember its a florida attraction and those don't work to well out there. I will bet anything a Marvel/Iron Man attraction will replace inoventions and reuse the people mover track. We could even have seens inside other show buildings...maybe and Iron Man Test Track 2.0 attraction?

• Hello Dolly.

I pretty much have been over Autopia. But I know a lot of people who miss it, so I don't know whether removing it would be so great. I'm sure if something epic or if they gave it a great rehab fans of Autopia would be happy.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Hey if you look at one sceen for the cars movie there is a child car. We could just call the current autopia vechiles cars in training. If you are going to add to carsland the autopia than the current cars would work. All we would need is a track...call in the wonderful rock-work artists (they did a perfect job on the facade).

Test Track!

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Guru View Post
    Test Track!
    Isn't that in Cars Land now?

If it does get replaced with something else, I hope it's a family oriented ride and not a ride just for adults. Disneyland might lose it's magic and become a amusement park instead of a theme park.

When we were there in November 2012, we are getting taken over from the fumes and overhead some things about the changes happening for Autopia. Yes, there will be changes happening but for the good. It was at one time 2 separate autopia's, one Tomorrowland and one Fantasyland which were combined into one large one. One of the rumors mentioned was it will be separated again into 2 different tracks and different theming. Another was to redo it still as one but with a whole new track. The cars were to be replaced with new electric ones to help with the environmental impact it is having right now. This is just what we were told in November when we were there. Nothing about getting rid of it, just revamping and making it better.

• film975

Hopefully when the Imagineers eventually get to redoing all of Tomorrowland, they will work on Autopia as well. Maybe even the People Mover tracks.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Electric cars that have to drive on a wire to charge, futuristic? I think the midget autopia had these decades ago, and so did cheesy car attractions at knotts and magic mountain too. The gas noise, feel, shaking, and such gave kids an older sense of feel.

I remember being a kid and making "vroom" sounds with my toy cars, now with the electric cars we can just stay quiet and calm and move our toys right along. lol.

Kind of sad really, i remember peoples excitement when they tied the FL and TL autopia tracks together. Seems like all of the fun things (gas to electric, excess laws, can't skin knees, overly sheltered parents and governments) are lost every year.

On the positive note, i do think the land could be used for something new.
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

•   

While some may see it as outdated, how many of us had our first "driving" experience on this ride? It should NOT go away. And who cares about Tron?

If you tear down the Carrousel of Progress Pavilion and the Autopia a nice version of Test Track might fit in the space. Test Track uses the same cars and track mechanism now used in Carsland. It would be sponsored by a different car company, of course. Ford, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, even Porsche! But the real trick will be dealing with the Monorail track looping through the area. The new pavilion would feature the boarding area for the cars on the ground level, but the upper level would be like a car show displaying the sponsor's latest models and upcoming technologies as well as show cars previewing what's coming in the future. It wouldn't be a bad idea to restore the People Mover while they were at it and let it glide over the car show before returning outside to glide over the Test Track giving riders a preview of what's to come if they decide board the new cars. Walt Disney's original Tomorrowland was about Science-Speculation of the future to come. Families now drive down the the freeways to Disneyland that Autopia previewed. An Autopia Test Track would actually be returning the attraction to its roots and return Tomorrowland back to Walt's original intent. So it's time to go back to the future when the future really looked cool.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast