Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Hot FIRE!

Re: Disney's decline of Customer Service and taking guests for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While it is definitely not cool to be rude to the workers there, it is the workers' job to deal with it. That's what a customer service job is all about - taking an irate rude patron, diffusing the situation, and making that person leave with a smile. They are able to accomplish this much more by empathizing with Joe Public, not arguing with him.
    I disagree with this to a degree because sometimes the general public has unrealistic expectations. Yes Disney brought this on themselves but Walt set high standards when it was a different time...decades later and things have changed a lot. Now I can gladly help someone out but not if they're insulting me over something they don't deserve. Also if I can't just give away say fastpasses to everyone as that has consequences too...

...As I see it

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I disagree with this to a degree because sometimes the general public has unrealistic expectations. Yes Disney brought this on themselves but Walt set high standards when it was a different time...decades later and things have changed a lot. Now I can gladly help someone out but not if they're insulting me over something they don't deserve. Also if I can't just give away say fastpasses to everyone as that has consequences too...

...As I see it

This^

I think one needs to ask oneself "Is this CM just doing their job as opposed to 'trying to ruin my day'?" & "Am I being unrealistic in my expectations?" before getting upset with them. I worked for a federal agency for 33 years dealing with the public. We administered laws. Laws, as in "it's the law, not a discretionary 'policy'". At the beginning of my career in the late '70s people as a rule understood when we told them "I'm sorry, I cannot do X or Y, the law will not permit it". By the time I retired in late 2011 a majority of the people, when told the same thing, would demand that we do what they wanted because 'I pay my taxes' (i.e. 'I paid a lot of money for this Disney vacation!!') and/or demand to see management thinking that would intimidate us into doing what they were demanding or that management would be able to countermand the laws, which of course they could not. Oftentimes, things would degenerate to threats by the public, occasionally resulting in Law Enforcement being called, something that was extremely rare in the early days of my career. By the time I retired even explaining to someone that I would lose my job and/or both of us would end up in prison wasn't enough to deter the 'customer is always right' mentality. And the customer is NOT always right, not even at Disneyland.

I know that Disney isn't the government and Disney's rules are not laws. I'm just trying to illustrate that sometimes one has to take 'no' for an answer. And that as a society, we have become terribly 'entitled'. A person working in customer service should be polite, pleasant, and fair at a minimum. Disney's CMs go far beyond that, IMHO. A guest should at least be polite, pleasant, and reasonable. Most of us know when we cross the line into being unreasonable, just as most people in CS know when they are being unfair. Remembering "A soft answer turneth away wrath" and "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" can save many a Disney Day!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    I tell him that I am going to throw it through the window behind us because I am annoyed that he is so unhelpful.
    Really? I understand you were frustrated, but this type of behavior is unexcusable. You can't just throw a fit and expect to get BETTER service when you do things like this. It just shows that common sense and coutesy have dwindled on all parts...customer service and guest behavior.

* I realize this post is from the first page and proabably not too relevant to the where the convo has gone.....but, SHEESH. I read that and shook my head in disbelief. I had to throw in my 2 cents on this matter.*
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 03-29-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more stuff
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Cunning infiltrator

Does anyone here heard of 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder and/or a narcissistic society? Of course, everyone excepts higher quality service from Disney due to the high cost. But, everything should not be entitled to you.

Example: You think you're the only one suffering? Stop saying it's all about you! Look around, you're not the only one, pal. Also, stop blaming at other people!

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    And that as a society, we have become terribly 'entitled'. A person working in customer service should be polite, pleasant, and fair at a minimum. Disney's CMs go far beyond that, IMHO. A guest should at least be polite, pleasant, and reasonable. Most of us know when we cross the line into being unreasonable, just as most people in CS know when they are being unfair.
    Oy, yes we have. It's quite sad. We're a bunch of toddlers screaming "but I want it, and I want it now!!!" Yeah, well, doesn't always work that way. Suck it up.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Does anyone here heard of 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder and/or a narcissistic society? Of course, everyone excepts higher quality service from Disney due to the high cost. But, everything should not be entitled to you.

Example: You think you're the only one suffering? Stop saying it's all about you! Look around, you're not the only one, pal. Also, stop blaming at other people!
    What does that have to do with me???
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I agree that "Disney" is synonymous with being the best. But Disney itself created its customers' high expectations by maintaining world-class high standards of customer service for three decades. The Eisger regime's profiteering slashing of CM hiring, training and pay standards bears major responsibility for the decline of customer service at Disney's parks.

I think that's a wildly inaccurate view of this forum, where the vast majority of posts are pro-Disney, and a perpetuation of the fantasy that Disney "gives us" stuff. The Disney Corporation doesn't "give" anything to anybody. They're a smart, sharp-penciled, for-profit corporation that mass markets products to people at the highest price it thinks it can get away with -- and always at the lowest possible investment cost, as its penny-pinching devaluation of its own CMs has demonstrated for the last two decades.

OUT STANDING POST!!!!!!!

Good to see you again, Mr. Wiggins.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314