Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Disney's decline of Customer Service and taking guests for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I remember a time when cast members were clean cut, extremely polite, physically fit with an air of professionalism that couldn't be duplicated.
    I think the same could be said about Disneyland guests at times...

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Should have been a hard-ticket event.
    Then again, I think every day should be a hard-ticket event.
    I thought everyday WAS a hard ticket event.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I remember a time when cast members were clean cut, extremely polite, physically fit with an air of professionalism that couldn't be duplicated.

A lot of the employees I see of late, are sloppy, unhealthy, and indifferent...not much different than the employees at Wal-mart.
    It's just not the same service. Our last visit it really was apparent.
    Comparing Disneyland Cast Members to employees at Wal-Mart? C'mon now..

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    I thought everyday WAS a hard ticket event.
    I think they were referring to a park with no AP's.

• DLR Cast Member

Well, I don't know who you didn't like, or felt was unresponsive. Come and visit me, and I don't think you will have that experience. I am a Disneyland CM because I love being there and making new friends every day. Mostly at Big Thiunder Ranch Barbecue, sometimes at Blue Bayou.

•   
    • Minion

A lot of the employees I see of late, are sloppy, unhealthy, and indifferent...not much different than the employees at Wal-mart.
    It's just not the same service. Our last visit it really was apparent.
    As far as health goes: maybe back in the day, the CMs could actually afford to see a doctor, or had benefits that included health insurance - highly unlikely that is happening now.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    Well, I don't know who you didn't like, or felt was unresponsive. Come and visit me, and I don't think you will have that experience. I am a Disneyland CM because I love being there and making new friends every day. Mostly at Big Thiunder Ranch Barbecue, sometimes at Blue Bayou.
    I love seeing CMs with positive, enthusiastic attitudes like yours!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    As far as health goes: maybe back in the day, the CMs could actually afford to see a doctor, or had benefits that included health insurance - highly unlikely that is happening now.
    If you treasure your health you do something about it. You don't sit around and belly ache about your employers lousy benefits. You don't have to see a doctor to know that changing your eating habits and getting regular excersise will greatly improve your quality life.
    To blame your employer for your lousy health is just astonishing to me.

Health insurance isn't a God given right.

Don't like how your company treats you move on.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    Jim, thanks for your post. I'm happy to hear that you love your job and probably go out of your way to make sure your guests have a really good experiance.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

If you treasure your health you do something about it. You don't sit around and belly ache about your employers lousy benefits. You don't have to see a doctor to know that changing your eating habits and getting regular excersise will greatly improve your quality life.
    To blame your employer for your lousy health is just astonishing to me.

Health insurance isn't a God given right.

Don't like how your company treats you move on.

Wow...just wow...
    I have so much I would love to respond with but I will not. I will just say that the part that is bolded above, does that imply that you are referring to slighly overweight CM's not just ones that sneeze on the job and have colds? It's a question to have clarification..not an accusation.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Wow...just wow...
    I have so much I would love to respond with but I will not. I will just say that the part that is bolded above, does that imply that you are referring to slighly overweight CM's not just ones that sneeze on the job and have colds? It's a question to have clarification..not an accusation.
    I don't think he was referring specifically Disneyland CMs. Those are words everyone should live by. To live a healthier life everyone should eat right, not smoke, and excersice more. If you follow this advice you will lead a healthier lifestyle whether or not you can afford health insurance.

And it is a fact if you eat right and excersice you are less likely to have a cold as a healthy lifestyle leads to a healthy immune system. So in a sense this poster is correct.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Thank you DisneyIPresume...that is what I meant.

What really saddens me about this, is the fact of the matter, I read some of these posts and they are 100% selfish. "I paid x amount of dollars so all Disney employees can't have a bad day and have to wait on me hand and foot." Just because you paid for your pass, doesn't give you the right to expect people to treat you like your special, because you're not. You get treated special and important when you treat others like that, not the other way around. If you walk up to a cast member and you've got bad body language, they won't go out of their way for you at all. I know, I've known many cast members and they can see the attitude from a mile away and you're not going to get anywhere with them. My attitude is not a sentiment, it's the way I live my life and I find it ironic that people complaining about Guest Services at Disneyland have issues with Cast Members etc. and I treat cast members well and I've never had an issue in seven years. I don't feel I'm entitled to anything when I walk in the park. I try to have respect for others and especially cast members who are dealing with thousands of people each day. I don't feel like it's my park, but that I'm a guest and should treat it with respect and everyone else in it with respect. For those who don't like what I've said, go ahead and try my attitude, not for 5 minutes, but try it for you next 5 visits and see what happens. I guarantee you that your changing of your attitude and being appreciative of being there and kind to people around you will change how cast members treat you.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Wow...just wow...
    i know. too judgement words there from the abover person who said that

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    "I paid x amount of dollars so all Disney employees can't have a bad day and have to wait on me hand and foot." Just because you paid for your pass, doesn't give you the right to expect people to treat you like your special, because you're not.
    While I'm not any more special than any other Guest while at the park, I AM a paying customer. This certainly entitles me and every other Guest a certain level of respect and courtesy. A trip to Disneyland is a luxury item. Of premium quality. It is advertised as such and the cost factor bears that out. With all of that taken into consideration, Guests have a reasonable expectation of premium quality customer service.

I guarantee you that your changing of your attitude and being appreciative of being there and kind to people around you will change how cast members treat you.
    This goes both ways. I'm not arguing whether or not you should treat others how you want to be treated. These are words to live by. CM's have an obligation to treat all Guests the same. They should be appreciative of the Guests as well.... You know, the folks who paid their way into the park?

In all businesses that deal with the public, if they have poor customer service they lose customers. It's not in Disney's best interest to train their employees to "treat others how they treat you". Even a Guest with a bad attitude deserves the same level of respect as one with a good attitude. After all, Disney sells it as a "magical" experience. I'm sorry, but a CM with a chip on their shoulder doesn't offer much in terms of "magic".
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    i know. too judgement words there from the abover person who said that
    I wonder if they realise it costs more to "eat right" than it does to eat what's readily available and within budget - and that is with buying/preparing in bulk. With low wages it's entirely possible the CMs can't afford it.

I also don't see the problem with CMs weight - if they can do their job professionally within dress code guidelines then their physical appearance should have nothing to do with it.

I do have an issue with people coming to work while ill (if contagious) but again, if wages/sick leave aren't adequate what can they do? "Eating right" or "exercising more" is not a cure all.
    Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast