Question about renewing annual passes

We are due to renew (or not) our annual passes in a few months. I remember that in years past, Disney would offer a discount (like 10%) off if you renewed before the pass expired. Does anyone know if they still do this? I'm on the fence on whether or not I can afford to get them again now that the prices have gone up, but if they do offer a renewal discount, it may make it possible.

If anyone does know if they do, can you also let me know how much of a discount.

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Question about renewing annual passes

$20. In a couple months you will probbaly get a postcard in the mail letting you know to renew for that discount.

If you aren't going near your renewal date also consider the per month cost of a pass and see if you delay getting it for a month if you can save more, by not spending the money at that moment. For example, if you renewal date is January 1st, you could get the pass for $240-$20. But if you look at the pass as being worth $20 per month and can't go until February 1st you may want to wait until Feb 1st so that your pass last longer, until Feb 1st 2014. If you think you will visit in January of 2014 it would be worth it to delay your renewal. It can be hard to look into the furture and guess when you will visit, but maybe this will work in your situation.

I have a So Cal Select and got no renewal discount. I think it's on the more expensive passes?
    For future reference, I saw on MC that prices were going up in Aug and bought a cert for a pass at AAA for $199 in July (they're $269 after Aug). My pass dies the 15th so I renewed the 13th. No hassle.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    I have a So Cal Select and got no renewal discount. I think it's on the more expensive passes?
    For future reference, I saw on MC that prices were going up in Aug and bought a cert for a pass at AAA for $199 in July (they're $269 after Aug). My pass dies the 15th so I renewed the 13th. No hassle.
    Only the Deluxe and Premium passes get the $20 discount.