Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Indiana Jones question

I heard from a friend that there was a collapsing room in indy when it opened but has since been removed, can anybody verify this for me? maybe a picture or video. any details are greatly appreciated

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Selfie Expert

Re: Indiana Jones question

You mean in the queue? Where the spikes come down? Or is it more collapsy than that?

Yes I said "collapsy". You know what I mean.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Lol no i mean in the ride, i believe one of the recent in the parks or dateline Disneyland articles mentions it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Are you talking about the "falling ice" effect?

• Team Hail HYDRA

^i remember hearing about this
    it broke a few months after the opening

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    ^i remember hearing about this
    it broke a few months after the opening
    MrsMonroe, if this is the effect you are talking about it was right after you pass the first Indy AA and see the bridge/overlook for the first time before entering the Mummy Chamber. A light beam would come from Mara and hit the area next to your Jeep - activating around 60 pounds of ice (from what I've read) to fall from the ceiling. This simulated the temple collapsing and crumbling around you. The idea was canned shortly after opening as the huge ice machine needed constant maintenance and broke down often.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    MrsMonroe, if this is the effect you are talking about it was right after you pass the first Indy AA and see the bridge/overlook for the first time before entering the Mummy Chamber. A light beam would come from Mara and hit the area next to your Jeep - activating around 60 pounds of ice (from what I've read) to fall from the ceiling. This simulated the temple collapsing and crumbling around you. The idea was canned shortly after opening as the huge ice machine needed constant maintenance and broke down often.
    Absitiveluy - The Imagineers might know rides and shows, but they've never dealt with Refrigeration. They didn't have enough big ice machines to make it work - they would have had to fill the roof with an array worthy of a commercial ice plant to get one batch per transport. They simply couldn't make ice fast enough to drop it as each transport came by. Each machine takes between 3 to 5 minutes to harvest a 50# batch of clear cubed ice.

And I hear they also had a problem where the fallen ice "rocks" wouldn't MELT fast enough either. Could have been solved by hiding a simple bucket conveyor behind the walls to get the dropped ice back up to the roof and back into the drop bin, and it could go around a dozen times before it melted away - but nobody thought of that while they were building the ride.

I'll gladly give them the fix, even come in and help them debug it - if they'll USE it and get that effect working properly.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I'll gladly give them the fix, even come in and help them debug it - if they'll USE it and get that effect working properly.
    If only Bruce, if only.

It seems to me that not only was the effect not thought through well enough at all (obviously), but it also may have been something they threw in last minute? Who knows, really. It would be cool if they could re-imagine the idea and add it in somehow. There has to be some way they could get the effect or a similar effect back up and running.

• The doctor is in

If you are talking about the falling ice effect that has been gone for many, many years. I saw it the year it opened and didn't see it again after that.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Absitiveluy - The Imagineers might know rides and shows, but they've never dealt with Refrigeration. They didn't have enough big ice machines to make it work - they would have had to fill the roof with an array worthy of a commercial ice plant to get one batch per transport. They simply couldn't make ice fast enough to drop it as each transport came by. Each machine takes between 3 to 5 minutes to harvest a 50# batch of clear cubed ice.

And I hear they also had a problem where the fallen ice "rocks" wouldn't MELT fast enough either. Could have been solved by hiding a simple bucket conveyor behind the walls to get the dropped ice back up to the roof and back into the drop bin, and it could go around a dozen times before it melted away - but nobody thought of that while they were building the ride.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Who's your source? Because none of that is the reason for it's failure. The ice would collect at the release point, but would melt together into huge clumps. That caused it to jam the hatch that was supposed to open to release the ice.

Usually I watch these conversations from a distance..... but stop acting like you know how things work all the time. You've got good hunches, but rarely are they correct. I ask that you cease to pass off your information as correct answers. Thanks.

• We Go On.

^I appreciate your information, but take it easy. The guy was just trying to be helpful. He said what he thought he knew.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by castmember88 View Post
    Who's your source? Because none of that is the reason for it's failure. The ice would collect at the release point, but would melt together into huge clumps. That caused it to jam the hatch that was supposed to open to release the ice.

Usually I watch these conversations from a distance..... but stop acting like you know how things work all the time. You've got good hunches, but rarely are they correct.
    What's your source?

Bruce was mentioning what he thought the problem was.

I ask that you cease to pass off your information as correct answers. Thanks.
    Seriously?

Wow. That escalated quickly.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Wow. That escalated quickly.
    Agreed!! Wow...

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Team Hail HYDRA

is there a pov with the effect working????????????

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast