Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DLR Softie

Price Increase??

Recently picked up tickets for my holiday visit and I have access to discounted tickets @ $100 for an adult hopper. The tickets that I bought expire 12/31 and looking at the price list for beyond that time frame, those same tickets would cost me $125 for 01/01/13 and beyond. Is there a price increase that will hit for the new year or is my seller just losing their discount??
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Mistress of Evil

Re: Price Increase??

The prices were increased in May. The seller probably was able to purchase a PH at the old price with an expiration date of 12/31.

• DLR Softie

No - this is a company and their "discounted" adult hopper tickets from 01/01/13 and beyond are $125..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post
    No - this is a company and their "discounted" adult hopper tickets from 01/01/13 and beyond are $125..
    That is the current price. Disney has not announced any additional price increases since the last wave in May.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• former CM

After the big increase in May, any changes in prices that are either lower or higher than the CPI/inflation rate will be interesting.

I'd vote for one super-expensive, no-blockout premium APs that allows for one meal at Club 33,

and for the rest of us: passes that allow for 2, 4, or 6 visits within a year, some with and some without parkhopper options and blockout dates. People could always go through two or three of these passes a year.

I'd rather have ten million people visit each of the two parks once a year, than have one million annual passholders each making 20 visits a year. That way more people would enjoy Disneyland and the visits would be more special for most guests. That unemployed couple that's visiting Disneyland everyday in 2012 is taking up too much room when their visits are added up. I think they should have just worked at Disneyland.
    Or Knott's.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'd rather have ten million people visit each of the two parks once a year, than have one million annual passholders each making 20 visits a year. That way more people would enjoy Disneyland and the visits would be more special for most guests. That unemployed couple that's visiting Disneyland everyday in 2012 is taking up too much room when their visits are added up. I think they should have just worked at Disneyland. Or Knott's.
    Funny, but true. Prior to your post I think I was always in the camp of "this is America, we should be free and unregulated" which in terms of APers means they should be able to get their money's worth out of their pass and go as often as they want. If I could afford one, I'd use the hell out of it in a year.

...but you make pretty good sense there. Maybe the trip to DL should be special and magic, not routine.

I'm torn between both sides of logic but as numbers in the park increase, you may make the stronger point.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Sock Puppet

price increase for Disneyland only happens once a year. So if the company is giving you a discounted ticket that is their doing.. .however i would be cautious of a company that is selling tickets that cheap for Disneyland, specially park hoppers. just FYI Disneyland has had trouble with ticket scammers,one of those companies i hear is not to far from Disneyland ( or so i heard don't take my word for it),anyhow so these people who get multi day tickets and what not and sell them at a cheaper price to park guests, turns out the ticket is half used or things like that.. and the guests paid to "rent" the ticket, this is something we don't condone on micechat or encourage to do either.at all. this tickets you have sounds not right and or fishy if it was me i'd take them back and get your money back and just pay the cost of what it is at the park. ..but that's just me.

And as a AP holder, going more then once a month is still magical, having a ap doesn't take away from the specialness of DL...

• Sock Puppet

here this may help the OP....

this is trusted, mousesavers is good, Ares travel and Triple A are good places to get tickets

MouseSavers.com - Disneyland Ticket Discounts & Deals on Passes

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    price increase for Disneyland only happens once a year. So if the company is giving you a discounted ticket that is their doing.. .however i would be cautious of a company that is selling tickets that cheap for Disneyland, specially park hoppers. just FYI Disneyland has had trouble with ticket scammers,one of those companies i hear is not to far from Disneyland ( or so i heard don't take my word for it),anyhow so these people who get multi day tickets and what not and sell them at a cheaper price to park guests, turns out the ticket is half used or things like that.. and the guests paid to "rent" the ticket, this is something we don't condone on micechat or encourage to do either.at all. this tickets you have sounds not right and or fishy if it was me i'd take them back and get your money back and just pay the cost of what it is at the park. ..but that's just me.

And as a AP holder, going more then once a month is still magical, having a ap doesn't take away from the specialness of DL...
    The problem with this whole thread is that the OP is not, in fact, getting discounted tickets. All tickets are valid for the duration of the calendar year. Meaning that If I buy a ticket on 1/2/13 it will be valid until 12/31/14.

The fact that the OP states that the rate is $125 after 1/1/13 is proof of this. That is the current rate for a Hopper ticket.

***To Clarify***
    They are technically discounted for the next couple weeks. The $100 price was the rate before the May increase. It can't hurt to buy them now and save $25 a ticket. And it's perfectly "legal" to do this.
    Last edited by 4th Gen Disney Fan; 12-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

There have been rumors (nothing more) of another price increase coming, but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

As for the other conversation as to how often somebody should go to DL, that's each individual persons preference and if some feel the need to visit every day or once a year or once every few years, that's their business IMO. If somebody can afford the passes they should be able to go as much as they want.

For us, personally, after our passes expire in May I'm actually fine with taking at least a year off from the park.

• Sock Puppet

^ yep current rate for a 1 day park hopper is $125..so this company he bought them from, he said the tickets from 1 1 2013 and beyond are $125.

1-Day Park Hopper Ticket – $125 for adults (10 and older), $119 for children (3-9).
    wait did i mix something around again? i think i did...

• Sock Puppet

Recently picked up tickets for my holiday visit and I have access to discounted tickets @ $100 for an adult hopper. The tickets that I bought expire 12/31 and looking at the price list for beyond that time frame, those same tickets would cost me $125 for 01/01/13 and beyond. Is there a price increase that will hit for the new year or is my seller just losing their discount??
    im sorry but ur discounted deal sounds odd and fishy to me.. that's all don't mind me

• DLR Softie

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    im sorry but ur discounted deal sounds odd and fishy to me.. that's all don't mind me
    My discounted tickets are bought on a military base, through their travel / leisure group..

Normally I buy tickets at the gas station, but the price increase for those tickets has made it not worth it anymore..

• Sock Puppet

ooooh okay.. well never mind what i said before then lol just forget! lol ..3 cheers to discounted tickets!

• Minion

where can I buy a 1 day discount ticket? I am going to DL soon! $87 is too much and the hopper is even more!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast