Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Fastpasses: Anyone have a problem with them and dislike them?

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I don't really like them that much any more because they make the lines move slower when the CM at the merge point only lets in FP people
    This.

I like the idea of FP's but I don't think Disney is utilizing their full potential due to the fact that they don't enforce them in any way. At least not at Disneyland.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dead men tell no tales.

I grew up using FP and I love them to death. They've been so useful every time I go.

That being said, now that the proper return times are being enforced again it'll be less fun than before, however still an invalueable system.

• -

Enforcing the return times and putting competent workers at the merge point will go a long way toward alleviating the problem.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

I love Fastpass, and it really enhances my experience at the park. I too remember both DLR and WDW without them. Standing on lines for hours was miserable. Only doing a few rides in one day was miserable. I wouldn't want to go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    I grew up using FP and I love them to death. They've been so useful every time I go.

That being said, now that the proper return times are being enforced again it'll be less fun than before, however still an invalueable system.
    Return times are being enforced?

•   
    • Minion

I love the system I dont miss the days of waiting in line for Space mountain for 1 - 2 hours and not being able to ride Splash Mountain because it was a 2 hour wait in the 85-90 degrees sun nope no thanks I love FP

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I love the system I dont miss the days of waiting in line for Space mountain for 1 - 2 hours and not being able to ride Splash Mountain because it was a 2 hour wait in the 85-90 degrees sun nope no thanks I love FP
    FP has seemed to have lowered average standby times hasn't it? Like, it has changed our perception of what is "too long" of a wait. Over the years it has become sort of self regulating. Plus I like the idea of guaranteeing I get to ride my favorite rides if it means priority for the ones I don't care for as much go to people who really like it. FP doesn't add capacity, but it rations it out more fairly and efficiently. Everyone gets what they really want.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Just as a reference, Haunted Mansion Holiday had 40 minute waits prior to Fastpass opening this year and shot up to 70 on another visit of similar park capacity. The simple fact is the attraction can only take so many people per hour and when you have two lines instead of one, the wait time more than doubles in certain cases. It gets even worse when everyone abuses the time stamp on their ticket which brings the stand-by to a halt because it's literally a 20 to 1 ratio in order for CM's to keep the Fastpass line down. There is no logical reason for anyone to want fastpass unless they are abusers themselves and are benefiting by it. If Disney decides to actually enforce the actual time on the ticket to spread reservations evenly throughout the day I might just change my mind.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-18-2012 at 12:58 AM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    There is no logical reason for anyone to want fastpass unless they are abusers themselves and are benefiting by it.
    I've never abused a fastpass or come back late. Never. Not once. Frankly, until I read Micechat I didn't even know you COULD come back late on a FP. Those who disregard the return times burn us, too.

The logical reason to use Fastpass, for me, is to wait 15 minutes for Space or Splash instead of 60 or 90. I remember the wait times before the Fastpasses. They were long. Being able to get on the attractions instead of spending my entire day shuffling through long lines in the hot sun is a plus.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I like it
    I collect some and frame them
    like even have opening day RSR fastpass

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    (We know what the #1 reason is.)
    Humans?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Return times are being enforced?
    We can only hope.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    FP has seemed to have lowered average standby times hasn't it? Like, it has changed our perception of what is "too long" of a wait.
    I think changes in society (me! me! me! now! now! now!) created the demand for such services as Fastpass, not the other way around.

How long is the return range these days? An hour? Two?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Just as a reference, Haunted Mansion Holiday had 40 minute waits prior to Fastpass opening this year and shot up to 70 on another visit of similar park capacity. The simple fact is the attraction can only take so many people per hour and when you have two lines instead of one, the wait time more than doubles in certain cases. It gets even worse when everyone abuses the time stamp on their ticket which brings the stand-by to a halt because it's literally a 20 to 1 ratio in order for CM's to keep the Fastpass line down. There is no logical reason for anyone to want fastpass unless they are abusers themselves and are benefiting by it. If Disney decides to actually enforce the actual time on the ticket to spread reservations evenly throughout the day I might just change my mind.

Hmm I have heard the opposite and saw it the other way first hand. I was at the park before there was FP this year on HmH and I waited 90 mins. A couple weeks later when I returned I was able to use FP so I waited only 15 mins. The standy by was 45 mins. Both were on saturdays mid day for what it's worth. I think it helps out. Definetely helps me out at least. Even if you combine my 15 min FP wait with the stand by it would come under the 90 min wait before.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I've never abused a fastpass or come back late. Never. Not once. Frankly, until I read Micechat I didn't even know you COULD come back late on a FP. Those who disregard the return times burn us, too.

The logical reason to use Fastpass, for me, is to wait 15 minutes for Space or Splash instead of 60 or 90. I remember the wait times before the Fastpasses. They were long. Being able to get on the attractions instead of spending my entire day shuffling through long lines in the hot sun is a plus.

This is the mindset I come from whoever doesn't see this I will never agree with them ever lol. The fact is less waiting and more attractions than I was able to enjoy when I was younger now I can save time and hit up more attractions which is very useful with two parks now.

Opps should have multi-quoted LOLOL I R Newb!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast