Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Fastpasses: Anyone have a problem with them and dislike them?

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Fastpasses are an integral part of Disney's decision to attract larger crowds...
    Actually, they were an integral part of getting you out of waiting in lines, and into shops and restaurants, where they could fleece you more efficiently.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 12-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

If they removed the Fast pass for say, Indiana Jones.

How long would the wait be for the ride with say, a 90 minute wait time with Fast Passes?

How much of that line would spill into the walkways of Adventureland, or would they actually go back to keeping the line inside the temple as well?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    How much of that line would spill into the walkways of Adventureland, or would they actually go back to keeping the line inside the temple as well?
    I think it would be the latter. They used to collect the fastpasses just before the projection room and had the standby and the fastpass line go through the temple. Hopefully if they were to remove fastpass, they would use the temple as it should properly be used, as a well themed queue and not something that one just casually blows by on the way to the ride. It would be great if they handed out translation cards again so that the markings inside the temple could be read.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Once my family learned how to use Fastpasses we fell in love.

We had the opportunity to visit Disneyland twice this year, once in February, 2012 and the other in September 2012. On our first trip we were solely reliant on knowledge gained from our last trips way back in 1995 and 1998. As a result, with the lack of a true off season and our naivety of the Fastpass system our February trip was very disappointing. It left a very bitter taste in our mouths. Ironically, we became familiar with the Fastpass system on the last day of our February trip and kicked ourselves in the rear for not taking advantage of it the entire week we were there.

Fast forward to September, 2012 and with months of Fastpass research under our belts we felt confident our trip would be much better. We were right, the September trip was much more easy going and enjoyable. We were able to acquire Fastpasses for every attraction we wanted to ride and I'm proud to say that we pretty much adhered to the return times. There were a few occasions where we stretched the return times but by and large we returned to the attraction within the time window.

I think the Fastpass system is great because it allows guests to enjoy much more of the park then they could if it wasn't available. I know that my family would not have returned to Disneyland the second time if it were not for the Fastpass system, especially since the benefit of an low attendance, off season is pretty much extinct.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Actually, they were an integral part of getting you out of waiting in lines, and into shops and restaurants, where they could fleece you more efficiently.
    Yup.
    Too bad they are used mainly to get in to some other attraction's queue.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think changes in society (me! me! me! now! now! now!) created the demand for such services as Fastpass, not the other way around.

How long is the return range these days? An hour? Two?
    Has society really changed all that much since the 90s? I dont think so. I think FP has spoiled the average park goer. When FP lets you get on an attraction in 15 min or less, a 40 min wait seems all the more longer. Most of the time standby for space mountain caps at like 40. On packed days maybe 60. I remember much longer wait times in the pre-fastpass days.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• The one, the only...

There was a time before FP, that was when you had to have tickets for each attraction. That kept the wait times down, because you PAID for every attraction. So if you wanted to ride Pirates Twice, you had to pay twice. That kept lines shorter. But now with the one price for unlimited rides in the park, FP brings some sanity to that system. I support FP and hope it continues.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    There was a time before FP, that was when you had to have tickets for each attraction. That kept the wait times down, because you PAID for every attraction. So if you wanted to ride Pirates Twice, you had to pay twice. That kept lines shorter. But now with the one price for unlimited rides in the park, FP brings some sanity to that system. I support FP and hope it continues.
    The real solution would be to go back to ticket books.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Nobody is suggesting that living in the past is a good thing. Instead, some of us are saying don't fix something that isn't broken. Things were just fine without Fastpass and they could be fine again without it. I'm not the sort of witch who rolls over and accepts bad situations just because others are willing to. People who do that becomce part of the problem, themselves.
    This right here.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    If they removed the Fast pass for say, Indiana Jones.

How long would the wait be for the ride with say, a 90 minute wait time with Fast Passes?

Before FPs existed the Indy line would be in the temple all the way out past the Jungle cruise entrance where the strollers are parked today. I don't miss these lines at all honestly. Also Space Mountain would stretech down near Star Tours...Of course back then it had the escalators and the entrance was different then it is now.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Before FPs existed the Indy line would be in the temple all the way out past the Jungle cruise entrance where the strollers are parked today. I don't miss these lines at all honestly. Also Space Mountain would stretech down near Star Tours...Of course back then it had the escalators and the entrance was different then it is now.
    To add another question on to this, does Tokyo Disney have a fastpass system? I know the resort is known for its constant long lines. Though its in their culture to complain less about the lines, wait times I've seen are always significantly higher than their North American counterparts that I've seen.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Before FPs existed, Indy was a brand new attraction that people were willing to wait 2-3 hours to experience for the first or second time.
    Now, Indy is not worth a 45-minute wait for most guests' 135th time. Maybe next week at the next visit.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Now, Indy is not worth a 45-minute wait for most guests' 135th time. Maybe next week at the next visit.
    It's not the people, but the program, right?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    It's not the people, but the program, right?
    Duh.
    Well, society has changed to a "me! me! me! now! now! now!" attitude in that same time frame. Fastpass merely panders to that changing attitude.

•   
    • Minion

Before FPs existed, Indy was a brand new attraction that people were willing to wait 2-3 hours to experience for the first or second time.
    Nice you ignore the Space mountain piece and go for the obivous. Yes I know Indy was new then BUT it was also 4 years old when FPs where introduced. In 1998 Indy was still holding over an hour wait and most times 2 hours same with Space Mountain. When FPs showed up I think in mid 99 I forget but man was i happy to not have to wait so long for Indy anymore or Space mountain. I didn't even refer to Spalsh Mountain which had long lines too or BTMRR, and roger rabbit. Before FP you wuoldn't be able to get on all of these as a family if you wanted to. Maybe by yourself and running around you could but as a whole family no way. When we used to go in my teens we had to pick which major attractions to ride because the lines were too long. Once FP showed up we were able to hit a lot more things.

There really isn't any denying that the lines are shorter if you actually visited the parks before FP it's pretty obvious that you don't have to wait in lines as much and you can experience more attractions. Whether or not you don't like the system is a different arguement in my opinion and one I will never understand but as I always say it's a free system you can choose not to use and you can wait in the shorter stand by lines that are around now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast