Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Fastpasses: Anyone have a problem with them and dislike them?

No, I don't have a problem with Fastpass. On the contrary, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    To add another question on to this, does Tokyo Disney have a fastpass system? I know the resort is known for its constant long lines. Though its in their culture to complain less about the lines, wait times I've seen are always significantly higher than their North American counterparts that I've seen.
    Yes, Tokyo Disney does have Fastpass. Here are the rides it's used for:

Tokyo Disneyland

• Big Thunder Mountain
    • Splash Mountain
    • Haunted Mansion
    • Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    • Monsters, Inc.: Ride and Go Seek
    • Star Tours 2 (coming next year)
    • Space Mountain
    • Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
    • Captain EO

Tokyo DisneySea

• Tower of Terror
    • Toy Story Mania
    • StormRider
    • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull
    • Raging Spirits
    • Journey To the Center of the Earth
    • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    • Magic Lamp Theater

Hope this helps.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

I wish DCA had FP on TSMM!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hmm I have heard the opposite and saw it the other way first hand. I was at the park before there was FP this year on HmH and I waited 90 mins. A couple weeks later when I returned I was able to use FP so I waited only 15 mins. The standy by was 45 mins. Both were on saturdays mid day for what it's worth. I think it helps out. Definetely helps me out at least. Even if you combine my 15 min FP wait with the stand by it would come under the 90 min wait before.
    The line doesn't magically get shorter because of fastpass, it was obviously lighter that day at the park. The math doesn't support this premise.

Before FPs existed the Indy line would be in the temple all the way out past the Jungle cruise entrance where the strollers are parked today. I don't miss these lines at all honestly. Also Space Mountain would stretech down near Star Tours...Of course back then it had the escalators and the entrance was different then it is now.
    Before Fastpass existed Indiana Jones was still relatively new, of coarse the line is going to be long. You are also not taking into account that California Adventure didn't exist at the time and was not taking away crowds. Disneyland was much more crowded back then and was the real cause of long lines, Fastpass didn't alleviate anything, it made stand-by lines and overall walkway crowding worse than it had to be. Ironically when Fastpass was instituted, DCA showed up shortly thereafter which was responsible for the lessened wait times and lighter crowds.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-19-2012 at 12:57 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The line doesn't magically get shorter because of fastpass, it was obviously lighter that day at the park. The math doesn't support this premise.

Before Fastpass existed Indiana Jones was a new attraction, of coarse the line is going to be long. You are also not taking into account that California Adventure didn't exist at the time and was not taking away crowds. Disneyland was much more crowded back then and was the real cause of long lines, Fastpass didn't alleviate anything, it made stand-by lines worse.
    You are right the line doesn't get shorter magically. People get their FPs and there fore aren't in line until their time is up thus making the standby line shorter. As I pointed out even with my 15 min wait plus the normal stand by queue added together it was still shorter than the first time I was there. This is basically my own experience but it is consistant.

As for the Indy excuse read my other reply that I already pointed out Indy was 4 years old when FP was introduced and also what about Space mountain it was more than 20 years old and ther stand by lines got shorter magically when FP was introduced. As well as Splash Mountain Roger Rabbit, BTMMRR. I don't mind people not liking the system but the lines ARE shorter this is obvious for anyone who has gone to Disneyland for more then the past 15 years which I believe you are in the category as am I. I don't even abuse the times on the FPs and it still helps very much.

• Rock Star Minion

Nice you ignore the Space mountain piece and go for the obivous. Yes I know Indy was new then BUT it was also 4 years old when FPs where introduced. In 1998 Indy was still holding over an hour wait and most times 2 hours same with Space Mountain. When FPs showed up I think in mid 99 I forget but man was i happy to not have to wait so long for Indy anymore or Space mountain. I didn't even refer to Spalsh Mountain which had long lines too or BTMRR, and roger rabbit. Before FP you wuoldn't be able to get on all of these as a family if you wanted to. Maybe by yourself and running around you could but as a whole family no way. When we used to go in my teens we had to pick which major attractions to ride because the lines were too long. Once FP showed up we were able to hit a lot more things.

There really isn't any denying that the lines are shorter if you actually visited the parks before FP it's pretty obvious that you don't have to wait in lines as much and you can experience more attractions. Whether or not you don't like the system is a different arguement in my opinion and one I will never understand but as I always say it's a free system you can choose not to use and you can wait in the shorter stand by lines that are around now.
    As usual, the pro-FP argument centers around I's and we's and our's.

It's not about me, or about you.

The make-up of the guest demographic has changed, in that most people won't wait in lines that long. All attractions' line waits will naturally shrink, ceterus parabus. Some faster than others. This new demographic mix is even more intolerable of waiting in line. Proof? The wait times are lower! FP simply caters to that intoleration by letting its users wait in other attractions' lines (or just sit in the hub waiting for fireworks or in NOS waiting for Fantasmic!) instead.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

One example that negates the "the line would be so much shorter without Fastpass" argument is the example of the situation at times when Fastpasses are not available: Grad Nites and the Halloween Parties. Every time I've been at the Halloween Party - and this is after the park is swept of day guests - the lines for the e-tickets have been 60 or 90 minutes. They're just as long as they are during the day with Fastpasses, or more so. I've heard the same holds true during Grad Nites.

I think Fastpasses are even more valuable to day guests or one time visitors. If you only have a few days and you want to do as much as you can, standing in line for two hours for one attraction doesn't help you much. Being able to use the Fastpass system to minimize your wait really does.

And I'm not sure why it's seen as a moral failing to not want to wait in line for two hours. People are eager to get out there and enjoy the park. The park is there to be enjoyed. Nobody likes lines, whether they're at DMV or Disneyland.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think Fastpasses are even more valuable to day guests or one time visitors. If you only have a few days and you want to do as much as you can, standing in line for two hours for one attraction doesn't help you much. Being able to use the Fastpass system to minimize your wait really does.
    Perhaps Fastpasses should be allotted based on the amount that someone paid to enter the park that day?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Perhaps Fastpasses should be allotted based on the amount that someone paid to enter the park that day?
    Not really. It's not a cruise ship where we have first, second and steerage class. Disney doesn't differentiate. The Next Gen system likely WILL allow visitors to pay more for advanced Fastpass privileges if they so choose.

And Disney already gives day ticket/hopper/hotel guests an extra edge with Magic Mornings, which gives them first crack at the rides before APs.

• Rock Star Minion

I can imagine what NextGen will offer: "Do you want to go on Indy now? $5 please. Would you like to go on Indy in an hour? $2 please...."

I figure an AP that pays $649 should get, say, 26 Fastpasses (one for each $25 or so) over the year that the AP allows entrance. Should be plenty.

• Hello Dolly.

I have no problem at all with the current fastpass system.

Yes, it does have it's negatives which are apparent. But the positives out-way the negatives in my opinion & fastpass certainly helps us who only can visit Disney a few times a chance to see everything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234