Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Question Fastpasses: Anyone have a problem with them and dislike them?

Just curious.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• ~

Re: Fastpasses: Anyone have a problem with them and dislike them?

Yeah, there's quite a few people on here that dislike the fastpass system, especially how it can be abused by people returning past their given times, resulting in longer lines than if the system didn't exist.

I can't comment since the fastpass system was already in place during my earliest memorable visits to the park. I like being able to bypass several long lines with the help of the system, but I am curious as to what the park would look like without it.

• Banned User

It was terrible without them. They're nothing short of a great idea and have done nothing but improve my experience. People get upset when they sellout, but guess what? It pays to arrive early if there's something you really wanna ride faster. Otherwise, enjoy the line and be patient. My only problem with them is that they market them as a way to get to the front of the line and it actually just gets you to the front of the outside portion of the line. I feel that's greatly misunderstood and rightfully so. If they could explain that clearer to people it would be great, since you don't get anywhere near the front on most attractions.

• Minion

ORDDU: It's been terrible WITH them. It creates a situation that never used to exist and causes guests to compete with each other in ways they never used to have to do. The theme parks got along just fine without them for many years. Now you have to schedule your day--if you get a fastpass--in ways you didn't have to before. There is a certain advantage to Fastpasses for a few. But the over all system just isn't fair. Just as the NextGen system is going to make things more difficult for Disney guests, it all started with Fastpass.

• Minion

I don't really like them that much any more because they make the lines move slower when the CM at the merge point only lets in FP people

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: It's been terrible WITH them. It creates a situation that never used to exist and causes guests to compete with each other in ways they never used to have to do. The theme parks got along just fine without them for many years. Now you have to schedule your day--if you get a fastpass--in ways you didn't have to before. There is a certain advantage to Fastpasses for a few. But the over all system just isn't fair. Just as the NextGen system is going to make things more difficult for Disney guests, it all started with Fastpass.
    Nail on the head! FP is the #2 reason for DL's overcrowded walkways. (We know what the #1 reason is.)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• I'm from Canada eh!

During our yearly trip in October we never needed them as crowds were low, but duirng my last few, high season, trips it has become invaluble. I do wonder what the park would be like without it.

• Pirate for life

Honestly, the fastpass system has it's perks but the execution and management of it is what seems flawed to me. The amount of times I have seen CM's wait for fastpass carriers to come is what I don't understand.

• "The Musical Quil"

I hate them! I try to avoid them as much as I can out of spite. Operations has become more sleek and efficient over the recent years. Each line would be significantly faster for everyone if they were just removed.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Minion

dont like how it leaves a very big empty walk-by where the standby and fp meet. ie: Indy and Space Mt.

• Sock Puppet

I can't stand the fastpass system. I never use it.

• Keepin' it calsteady

The biggest drawback of Fastpass is people endlessly, uselessly complaining about Fastpass! Fastpasses are an integral part of Disney's decision to attract larger crowds (i.e., to offer affordable Annual Passes) and the NextGen system being planned is only going to make them a bigger part of going to the parks in the future.

One might wish that weren't the case, one might wish fewer people could afford to go to Disneyland so all the lines would be short, but the park has been this way FOR YEARS AND YEARS now and there are no signs pointing to that changing. It's time to move on.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah: I'm accepting mediocrity and Walt wouldn't want it this way and yada yada yada. Ya can't live in the past!)

I love the FastPass system. One of the best things that ever happened at Disneyland (I've been going since the mid-'70s, so I remember what it was like before).

• Minion

ORDDU: Nobody is suggesting that living in the past is a good thing. Instead, some of us are saying don't fix something that isn't broken. Things were just fine without Fastpass and they could be fine again without it. I'm not the sort of witch who rolls over and accepts bad situations just because others are willing to. People who do that becomce part of the problem, themselves.

Check out what they are testing at WDW. Fastpass + . Flinnibus has a great thread about it on the WDW Forum, explains it in very well in detail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zd-nO8tImU
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 12-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast