Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Goofy's Paint & Playhouse coming to DL!

idnt really think that they can do much with ToonTown. Because it closes early due to fireworks anyways. So I doubt they will spend lots of money on it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless.
    Like I said, it has a 40+ minute wait on any given weekend, and it's an attraction shoved in the furthest corner of the park. It's popular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    idnt really think that they can do much with ToonTown. Because it closes early due to fireworks anyways. So I doubt they will spend lots of money on it.
    So you think they won't improve a struggling area just because it's hours are a bit shorter than the rest of the park?

That's incorrect, and a bad way to approach something. TDA knows that 98% of Toontown is struggling. They just have more important things to take care of right now. To think that they will just shun the area completely is silly.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

How about Disney restoring the bounce house instead, and while their at it, the rest of Toontown as well with Jolly Trolly.

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore. My one idea that I think could work would be a Steamboat Willie boat ride. It could use the Fantasyland Theatre area, backstage, or basically everything past Mickey's House. I can explain it more in detail, but in essence, Pete has stolen all of the color in Toontown and Mickey/the riders must get back color and save the day.
    Not everything has to be known to children. I know younger people who never saw the movie but absolutely loved the attraction to the point they wanted to go watch the DVD. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin has one of the longest queue wait times in its ticket classification, there is no need to replace something that was well made, especially when the other half of the land has become nearly worthless due to lawyerization.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 12-18-2012 at 12:43 AM.

I think there are two major things to consider here. If WDI has plans to get rid of toontown in the long run then I expect we won't see any upkeep in this area for awhile. Toontown lives on great amount of space that could be valuable in the future to the park as a whole. But Toontown is a great concept and this new concept for Goofy's house could be a great start to a whole new Toontown. If they rehab Goofy's and Donald's. Either retheme or create a new attraction for the Go Coaster, and fix the treehouse. This could allow Toontown to become a place where there is actually things to do

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    How about Disney restoring the bounce house instead, and while their at it, the rest of Toontown as well with Jolly Trolly.
    Hopefully this idea goes through for Goofy's house rather than the bounce house idea again. Something new and interactive like this could be good for the area.

You mean you don't like the Jolly Trolly station as a DVC spot?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Some thought the paint attraction is/was weak...but for me its 1,000 times better then an empty house

• La Reine Lzard

I think it would be awesome if they installed this! It reminds me of the ImageWorks exhibit that used to be at EPCOT.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

My kid always had to play in the Goofy's house playground when he was younger. I would spend hours there up until he was about 6. Then he got to big. I never got to see the bounce house up close. In fact, we never go into Toon Town except to pass by it on the train or be next to it in Small World. I try to convince him to ride Roger Rabbit but he always refuses. If we do stumble in there its because he wants to play with the sound effects houses next to the Roger Rabbit ride.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    My kid always had to play in the Goofy's house playground when he was younger. I would spend hours there up until he was about 6. Then he got to big. I never got to see the bounce house up close. In fact, we never go into Toon Town except to pass by it on the train or be next to it in Small World. I try to convince him to ride Roger Rabbit but he always refuses. If we do stumble in there its because he wants to play with the sound effects houses next to the Roger Rabbit ride.
    Well I can't blame you guys for not venturing in there, it doesn't really offer much at the moment. Obviously RRCTS, and Mickey's house is pretty neat, but other than that it's desolate. Minnie's house, Donald's boat, Goofy's house, Gadget's Go Coaster, and Chip and Dale's Treehouse all fall short.

Hopefully someday we'll see this technology over at Goofy's house, that's a step in the right direction as far as getting Toontown back on the map.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Add me to the list of people who think this "paint" game is a GREAT way to add a little fun to Toontown. The current status of Goofy's house is sad. This is a great way to refresh an existing building at a low cost with a high return. I can see the kid demographic loving this expereince. Would be a nice little plus for DL while we wait for the big 60th anniversary e-ticket to open in TL.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    Add me to the list of people who think this "paint" game is a GREAT way to add a little fun to Toontown. The current status of Goofy's house is sad. This is a great way to refresh an existing building at a low cost with a high return. I can see the kid demographic loving this expereince. Would be a nice little plus for DL while we wait for the big 60th anniversary e-ticket to open in TL.
    Add me, too! Anything helps, really. And yes, definitely replace/retheme the Go Coaster. It should be named for a character not so dated.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Certified in everything

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore.
    I don't think its fair to lump Gadget's Go-Coaster and Rodger Rabbit together. One is an immensely popular attraction based on a unique story and the other is a mass of steel known as Gadget's Go-Coaster.

Moreover, shouldn't we be keeping detailed, story-rich, thematically appropriate attractions in the park, rather than demanding rides based on what is popular? I agree that attractions based on "what is timeless" are a good idea. However, an attraction itself can still be "timeless" despite the fact that the underlying film/subject matter is no longer relevant (ala Mr. Toad).
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Hopefully this idea goes through for Goofy's house rather than the bounce house idea again. Something new and interactive like this could be good for the area.
    There was nothing wrong with children exercising and having a great time, I remember this being awesome when I was a kid. It's a much better idea than having yet another video game in the park.

You mean you don't like the Jolly Trolly station as a DVC spot?
    No, I like the Jolly Trolly operational and adding movement to the land. I hope you were being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post

Moreover, shouldn't we be keeping detailed, story-rich, thematically appropriate attractions in the park, rather than demanding rides based on what is popular? I agree that attractions based on "what is timeless" are a good idea. However, an attraction itself can still be "timeless" despite the fact that the underlying film/subject matter is no longer relevant (ala Mr. Toad).
    I agree. I don't like Roger Rabbit the movie but I like the ride. I wonder what keeps Mr. Toad popular though. I went for the first time last trip. My spouse wanted to go because seen the movie. When we got home we watched it together.

• I'm a Lutheran

People keep riding Mr. Toad because it's fun. It's one of those rides you can ride over and over again without losing the fun factor. The magic of that thought is especially made clear by how timeless the attraction is despite being a simple dark ride filled with black-lights and plywood cutouts. There's something about it that simply makes it an experience that one cannot miss. Same thing with Roger. You don't need to see the movie to have a good time.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast