Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Goofy's Paint & Playhouse coming to DL!

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    People keep riding Mr. Toad because it's fun. It's one of those rides you can ride over and over again without losing the fun factor. The magic of that thought is especially made clear by how timeless the attraction is despite being a simple dark ride filled with black-lights and plywood cutouts. There's something about it that simply makes it an experience that one cannot miss. Same thing with Roger. You don't need to see the movie to have a good time.
    Funny thing...I actually had never seen the Toad movie (Wind in the Willows right?) until about a few months ago. I knew of the movie and was familiar with bits and pieces and of the story line but had never seen it all the way through.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is my favorite Fantasyland ride and has been since I can remember

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    There was nothing wrong with children exercising and having a great time, I remember this being awesome when I was a kid. It's a much better idea than having yet another video game in the park.
    I agree, however the bounce house was canned therefore not coming back. Goofy's Paint & Playhouse could really add something new and fun to the area for kids. If this ever happens, it's not like Toontown wouldn't benefit from it.

No, I like the Jolly Trolly operational and adding movement to the land. I hope you were being sarcastic.
    Glad you caught that..
    Last edited by explodingboy; 12-19-2012 at 01:52 PM.

• Minion FOREVER!

I think this is a great idea! BTW. if I remember correctly TDL's Goofy House was a "bounce house" as well (can someone correct or confirm?) It's roughly the same size and shape as DL's so the installation should be quite quick.

• Banned User

Even if it is a little smaller, who cares? Our Tower of Terror is smaller and no one seems to mind. The land is in dire need of attention.

• Minion

The bounce house and acorn crawl are never coming back, because they are too much of a liability. Which is why they were removed in the first place.

• Banned User

Removing them was fine, if it was for safety, but never doing anything with the area was just tacky.

• Doombuggy Rider

As much as I loath Toon Town (its a Stroller Parking Lot with only one way in and out that causes pedestrian traffic problems at times) some needed improvements that are family friendly would be a plus; because it would offer a prime place for parental units with young children (like it was meant to be) ...

I <3 Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, but that ride needs solid tlc (shut down & fixed up for at least 3 months) and the same can be said for most of Toon Town - a great idea on paper, but there's been so much lack of attention there it's become nasty ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    There was nothing wrong with children exercising and having a great time, I remember this being awesome when I was a kid. It's a much better idea than having yet another video game in the park.

No, I like the Jolly Trolly operational and adding movement to the land. I hope you were being sarcastic.
    Of course I'd even want the bounce house back...but because of our sue happy world...this is the next best thing and I'd rather have this then....well nothing like we have now....I know I'd want to try it if there was no line

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    I <3 Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, but that ride needs solid tlc (shut down & fixed up for at least 3 months) and the same can be said for most of Toon Town - a great idea on paper, but there's been so much lack of attention there it's become nasty
    I haven't been on Roger Rabbit in a while. Are there problems with some of the effects? The last time I was on it everything seemed to work fine from what I remember.

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I haven't been on Roger Rabbit in a while. Are there problems with some of the effects? The last time I was on it everything seemed to work fine from what I remember.

Have you seen what's been missing from outside of the building for months? Doesn't this ride deserve a better queue line that moves more capacity per hour ? (granted, parental units with children are s-l-o-w) Ever been to the Gift Shop next door? (notice the animatronics are no longer moving?) ....

Toontown needs tlc all over (last time I went on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin it smelled like "gear oil" during the ride), it is Disneyland's most neglected area (along with Tomorrowland) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    Have you seen what's been missing from outside of the building for months?
    If you're talking about Benny that hangs over the entrance, that's been back now for a while, and it's fully operational again.

Doesn't this ride deserve a better queue line that moves more capacity per hour ?
    To be honest, the queue is one of my favorite parts of the whole attraction. It so detailed and fun, you literally feel like you're in the movie. I think that it feels more like "Toontown" in there than the rest of the land does.

As far as capacity goes, I'm not really sure what they could do to increase that. The queue really has nothing to do with capacity, that's on the ride vehicles and ride system.

Ever been to the Gift Shop next door? (notice the animatronics are no longer moving?)
    Are you talking about the hands that holding gags? I haven't been in the gift shop in a while, but that small effect not working/only working sometimes has little to no effect on me.

• Team Hail HYDRA

the land does need more new/fresh attractions

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Just drawn that way

I love ToonTown and would love to see this added to this area.
    I miss the good ol' days when it used to be open till park close.....My mom and I would watch fireworks from Donald's boat (when that was still fun awe memories.
    I do this area of the park needs to be cared for like when that part first opened. Can't wait for more news on this!
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    I miss the good ol' days when it used to be open till park close.....My mom and I would watch fireworks from Donald's boat (when that was still fun awe memories.
    I think you might be confused. Was there ever a time when Toontown didn't close early for the fireworks?

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I think you might be confused. Was there ever a time when Toontown didn't close early for the fireworks?
    Yes, there was a time, back when it first opened. But things caught on fire due to the fallout, and it became a safety issue.
    They also used to open it, like Fantasyland, after they are given the all clear.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast