Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Goofy's Paint & Playhouse coming to DL!

Goofy's successful Paint & Playhouse in Tokyo Disneyland could be making its way to Anaheim's Toontown soon(ish) <--- and it couldn't come soon enough!

The company responsible for GP&P, Fourth Monkey Media Inc, has signed a contract to bring other interactive 'games' to Tokyo's park in the near future which may spread to include our beloved Disneyland!

I love Toontown, and after watching the slow decline of things to do at each of their homes, I would be ELATED to see activities like this invade the homes of our favorite Toons.

Fourth Monkey signs Goofy contract | The Chronicle Herald
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Goofy's Paint & Playhouse coming to DL!

I would be all for that. Goofy's house could use something fun like this. It's a shame they got rid of the whole "bounce house" thing.

Goofy's playhouse is on the refurb list for Feb 25-Mar 7. Don't think that would be long enough to install something like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I would be all for that. Goofy's house could use something fun like this. It's a shame they got rid of the whole "bounce house" thing.
    I'd go to visit that. It'll provide something worthwhile to do besides just Roger Rabbit and, to a lesser degree, Mickey and Minnie's houses. If this happens, it'll be interesting to hear how they've translated Yuu Shimaka's Goofy (for Tokyo) into Bill Farmer's.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• "The Musical Quil"

Yeah. I doubt this will be anytime soon but I'm happy to see that someone is thinking about it.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Diva Extrodinaire

I personally think that after Tomorrowland, the land that needs the most work is Toontown. The treehouse is not in use (or is it?), Roger Rabbit is irrelevant in terms of the film - as good as the ride itself is, and honestly there is so much potential. I have a few personal ideas, but I think this new house could be a step in the right direction.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Roger Rabbit is irrelevant in terms of the film - as good as the ride itself is, and honestly there is so much potential.
    I am not really sure what your logic is here. If Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (which was released in 1988, has a Blu Ray release coming out next year, and talks of a sequel happening) is irrelevant than so is everything in else with a movie tie-in. The ride is immensely popular and on any given weekend the line is 40+ minutes.

If anything, the left side of Toontown needs work, not the right. There is plenty to upgrade on that side of the land. RRCTS shouldn't be touched. In fact, it's about all Toontown has going for it right now.

I have a few personal ideas, but I think this new house could be a step in the right direction.
    Can you explain some of them?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Minion

Any additions are welcome to Toontown imo, for it is currently sparsely populated with things to do

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I am not really sure what your logic is here. If Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (which was released in 1988, has a Blu Ray release coming out next year, and talks of a sequel happening) is irrelevant than so is everything in else with a movie tie-in. The ride is immensely popular and on any given weekend the line is 40+ minutes.
    ^THAT!

As for Goofy, PLEASE GOD let something happen. TT needs help so badly, it's such a great land and really needs help.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore. My one idea that I think could work would be a Steamboat Willie boat ride. It could use the Fantasyland Theatre area, backstage, or basically everything past Mickey's House. I can explain it more in detail, but in essence, Pete has stolen all of the color in Toontown and Mickey/the riders must get back color and save the day.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• I'm a Lutheran

Well, if Roger Rabbit isn't popular enough anymore, then Mr. Toad can't get onto the "get-rid-of-list" any sooner.

Just kidding! Roger Rabbit doesn't need to be popular to still be around. Mr. Toad is practically unknown to today's children who didn't or aren't growing up with Disneyland. Roger at least is still known amongst the kids of the 80's and 90's who now have children of their own, if not enough money to take themselves to Disneyland whenever they please. Roger Rabbit is just as relevant to me and my coed 90's kids as Phineas and Ferb is to the 2000's kids.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I think it looks awesome! TT desperately needs some help. It's a shame that the land has practically turned into nothing but a couple meet and greets.... and Roger Rabbit.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I just think that Rodger Rabbit isn't that popular enough nowadays. Those are not grounds to remove a ride, considering that it is a really good ride, but I wish it were something more timeless. Kind of like how Gadget from the Chip and Dale TV show is not relevant anymore. My one idea that I think could work would be a Steamboat Willie boat ride. It could use the Fantasyland Theatre area, backstage, or basically everything past Mickey's House. I can explain it more in detail, but in essence, Pete has stolen all of the color in Toontown and Mickey/the riders must get back color and save the day.

Despite the movie's popularity, the attraction is. How popular is Song of the South??? Should they remove Splash Mountain??

• Disneyland Original '55

Hate to be a stickler but is their room? I mean the show building for the one in Tokyo is fairly small but goofy's house is smaller. I would love for some love to be put in toon town, maybe put in a house of mouse restaurant to eat and watch mickey and friends cartoons, even roger rabbit ones as well.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast