Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Disneyland Illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone - i was sort of freaking out when I fist posted the video on Youtube, because only a couple hours after I posted it, someone marked it with a thumbs down, "do not like" and I was feeling bad that someone did that. They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
    I definitely dig your down to basics style - have you thought about doing paper cutouts of these? I think they would be remarkable and your illustration style already makes for easy cutting - it won't be quick, but the end result could be something truly special.

Name:  4026506563_1028e8d924_o.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  33.0 KB
    An example of paper cutout.

•   
    • Banned User

Those paper cutouts are pretty cool too. That's a good style.

They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
    Well, that's YouTube for ya. I've got a few vids up too with thousands of thumbs up and a few thumbs down and I've often wondered what the beef was with those holdouts? It's even weirder when it's the ONLY feedback you get.

Decades ago someone interviewed Merv Griffin about how he deals with negative fan mail and his answer was "I just throw it out and don't read it." Sensible advice, trolling and griefing have been around long before the internet.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by ilyxr View Post
    I definitely dig your down to basics style - have you thought about doing paper cutouts of these? I think they would be remarkable and your illustration style already makes for easy cutting - it won't be quick, but the end result could be something truly special.

Name:  4026506563_1028e8d924_o.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  33.0 KB
    An example of paper cutout.
    Very cleaver - I might think about this.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Well, that's YouTube for ya. I've got a few vids up too with thousands of thumbs up and a few thumbs down and I've often wondered what the beef was with those holdouts? It's even weirder when it's the ONLY feedback you get.

Decades ago someone interviewed Merv Griffin about how he deals with negative fan mail and his answer was "I just throw it out and don't read it." Sensible advice, trolling and griefing have been around long before the internet.
    I know there are some people that are not going to like my art or taste in music etc, but it was right off the bat, and before any good response came. Oh well. I know it is nothing to get worried about.

I might do some more illustrations in this same style. Are there any particular attractions anyone would want to see? I was thinking about doing some of the more current attractions in this same vintage style. Would be interesting to see Star Tours done up this style for example. Or Indiana Jones - I didn't really do any of the indoor attractions before, so that would be interesting. Any ideas?

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• ~

I know there are some people that are not going to like my art or taste in music etc, but it was right off the bat, and before any good response came. Oh well. I know it is nothing to get worried about.

I might do some more illustrations in this same style. Are there any particular attractions anyone would want to see? I was thinking about doing some of the more current attractions in this same vintage style. Would be interesting to see Star Tours done up this style for example. Or Indiana Jones - I didn't really do any of the indoor attractions before, so that would be interesting. Any ideas?
    Perhaps HM and POTC? I think that some of the characters and iconic scenes from those two attractions would lend themselves beautifully to this style of art. I'd also love to see designs inspired by past Disneyland attractions, like Adventures Thru Inner Space or Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

And about that "thumbs down", I know it's disappointing when that's the first piece of feedback that you receive, but unfortunately, people on YouTube tend to be trigger-happy with the dislike button, and you can never know why. What's important is that you know that we all enjoy your artwork and that you continue to enjoy creating and sharing it.

• AKA - DisneyChris

thanks gatheringrosebuds!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

lol - Love your photo orbitalpunk - did my drawings remind you of him - he he.
    The music and overall feel reminded of Tim Ross. hehe... Good stuff

I hope to see a better detailed photo of your hand drawn map one day. That thing is absolutely divine. Love it, love it, love it.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone - i was sort of freaking out when I fist posted the video on Youtube, because only a couple hours after I posted it, someone marked it with a thumbs down, "do not like" and I was feeling bad that someone did that. They offered no explanation. And it hurt my feelings a bit. So you all have made me feel much much better.
    Haters gonna hate. Don't stress it. You've got a cool concept and a lot of talent. Believe!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Bah, don't worry about the thumbs down. They were probably searching YouTube for how to fix a clogged toilet and saw disney silhouettes instead and the thumbs down was a internet style knee jerk reaction.

• AKA - DisneyChris

lol

• AKA - DisneyChris

Doing some brainstorming - thinking about doing the following rides in the same style...

Storybookland
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Small World
    Space Mountain
    Monorail/Autopia
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion
    Splash Mountain
    Country Bear Jamboree
    America Sings
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Horse-drawn Street Cars
    Toontown area
    Natures Wonderland
    Golden Hoseshoe
    Big Thunder
    Swiss Family Tree House
    PeopleMover
    Adventure Through Inner Space
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12