Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Peter Pans Flight

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The ride is a joke, and it's gotta be the shortest ride in the park.
    I feel like most people will disagree with you there.

• Rock Star Minion

It is one of the attractions guests go on while waiting for the fastpass return time of another attraction.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I can see where he is coming from. Some guests just don't see the value in waiting 45 minutes for a very short ride. I disagree in this particular case because I personallt feel that Peter Pan is one of the top 10 rides in the park.

I am also someone who has this opinion when it comes to Gadget's Go Coaster. 20+ minute wait for a ride with a total time of 55 seconds. 20 seconds of which is actual ride time. Even my kids feel gipped after riding this one.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Eh, I don't think Peter Pan needs a Fast Pass. I don't see the ride line exceeding 40 minutes on an awful day and 30 minutes on any other day, and I usually associate FP with rides of stand-by times of an hour or more.

Does anyone know how many vehicles Peter Pan has? Is it fewer than the other Fantasyland dark rides since the system is different?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Eh, I don't think Peter Pan needs a Fast Pass. I don't see the ride line exceeding 40 minutes on an awful day and 30 minutes on any other day, and I usually associate FP with rides of stand-by times of an hour or more.
    That's a really good point.

• Hello Dolly.

While all the rides are magical, that London Scene & flying over the stars just looked truly magical. That's what keeps me coming back at least.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    While all the rides are magical, that London Scene & flying over the stars just looked truly magical. That's what keeps me coming back at least.
    Exactly! Soaring over the nighttime city of London and through the stars of Neverland never ceases to amaze me. As disneylandreport once described it, "I know it's short, but every time I ride I feel like I just got baptized in Disney magic." (Oh-ver-rated! *clap* *clap* "clap-clap-clap*)

• Spongebob/Disneyland fan

Bikini Bottom (Fine, SoCal. But that's all you are getting out of me!

The reason, like others are saying, it that the ride is very special. You are above the track, which is rare in many dark rides. I went for the first time in November (*gasp*) And I was so happy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFfI9j2cFk
    I have ridden both the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom ones

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    While I agree that it would benefit from FP, it's not really feasible since there is only one queue. I can't think of any way to put in a FP queue unless they used the exit.
    Not only is it not feasible, but adding a fastpass to this ride would make the standby line double in length.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    OOOPS!! I meant to say the LINE is a joke, not the ride. It's just too short for such a ridiculous line all the time.

• -

Maybe the line is so long because it is the only ride that has pirates that they didn't shoehorn Johnny Depp into.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I never ride Peter Pan first. I only get in the line, when I don't see any people in the queue, which isn't very often. I can ride many other rides in Fantasyland, rather than waiting in the line. Yes, I like the ride, but no, the line moves too slow, so I just take my chances that I will get at least one ride per vacation.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I never ride Peter Pan first. I only get in the line, when I don't see any people in the queue, which isn't very often. I can ride many other rides in Fantasyland, rather than waiting in the line. Yes, I like the ride, but no, the line moves too slow, so I just take my chances that I will get at least one ride per vacation.
    That's pretty much what I do. I usually skip it because of the line, but if I see a short queue I will jump in.

For the record, I love the ride, but it had to grow on me. When I rode it for the first time I wasn't impressed by anything other than the London and Never Land panoramas, and I had to wonder why it was so popular. I rode it again with a friend years later and suddenly I really liked it.

Simple reasons: incredibly low capacity and incredibly unique and special ride. If that ride was built today you'd be sitting in a claustrophobic simulator and pretending to fly over Neverland. But here, you get to actually do it.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I took my wife to Disneyland on our 2nd anniversary. She had never been. Growing up, her parents couldn't afford it, and then she was in school for her Bachelors and Masters, etc. I agonized endlessly over little secret surprises for her and plans - and you guys at MiceChat rerally helped. Anyway, I was stuck trying to figure out what her first ride should be. Fantasyland was open an hour early for us, so I picked Peter Pan. In the dark, right as we passed through the star field, I heard what I thought was a sniffle. The ride progressed, and when we exited, my wife was smiling but quiet. We headed straight to Dumbo, and while in the brief line, I noticed that my wife had indeed begun to cry. I asked her what was wrong.

"It really is the happiest place on Earth." she said. She had started crying with joy on Peter Pan before the ride even took her to Never Land.

We had two more days to spend, and every day we had, we rode Peter Pan first thing. We probably will do the same when visiting Disneyland for the rest of our lives.

And just giving you a hard time OP, but if there's a big line for Peter Pan and you have early entry, you're not working hard enough. Suck it up and get to the turnstiles 1 hr early.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast