Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Peter Pans Flight

Please tell me why Peter Pans Flight always has a long line? Even when I stay at Disneyland Hotel, and get the early hour entrance, there is still a line for the ride. I can get on other Fantasyland rides with no wait, but Peter Pan always has a line. I've been going to Disneyland frequently all my life, and have never been able to figure this one out. Thanks!
    A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.
    -- Marilyn Monroe

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Peter Pans Flight

I want to say its because of how they board people. The ships have to stop, let people off, move forward, stop, board, then move on. It's not on a smooth conveyor belt like Ariel or HM. And they only board 2 at a time, maybe 2 and a small child but I've only seen two at at time.

Also, the queue itself is kinda all scrunched and doesn't move or flow easy and isn't that big. If the queue was longer or bigger it would seem like the line is not as long as it really is.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I want to say its because of how they board people. The ships have to stop, let people off, move forward, stop, board, then move on. It's not on a smooth conveyor belt like Ariel or HM. And they only board 2 at a time, maybe 2 and a small child but I've only seen two at at time.

Also, the queue itself is kinda all scrunched and doesn't move or flow easy and isn't that big. If the queue was longer or bigger it would seem like the line is not as long as it really is.
    Combine those points with the fact that it is one of the coolest rides in Fantasyland (and the most unique) and you have yourself a mixture for disaster.

• DLR Softie

Because we ALL wanna go to never-never land..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

There are a couple things to consider when it comes to this ride:

1. It is the consistently considered to be the best dark ride in Fantasyland, which drives demand.

2. It is a very low capacity attraction. The "Pirate Ships" only hold a few people and the intervals between loading is long.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done to increase capacity. Aside from completely redoing the ride (please NO) the options are limited.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Having worked the attraction years ago, I can tell you it has always been this way. In fact, it's one of the reasons I liked working it. Having a full queue always kept you busy.

And it beat cycling empty cars as the night grew late on attractions like Snow White.

In answer to your question though (similar to those already mentioned): it's not only one of the originals in Fantasyland, but the idea of flying in a ship, suspended over London and Neverland always has had that unique appeal to both children and parents. It's a little different in that way from the other "dark rides." A common response to this question, I know, but I think that explains it for a lot of people. At least that's why I like riding it as a guest.

• HYDRA

They like tink and friends
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Minion

The ride is that popular. It's so different from the other dark rides.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Mistress of Evil

Beacuse it's Peter Pan...duh!

Seriously though...The ride is the most popular of the FL rides and tends to be a slow loader. Even during EMH/MM...most folks head for PP first. If they offered other lands vs only TL and FL during the extra hour, it may not be so bad first thing.

• Banned User

Most dark rides don't need a fastpass, but this one seriously does. The ride is a joke, and it's gotta be the shortest ride in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Most dark rides don't need a fastpass, but this one seriously does. The ride is a joke, and it's gotta be the shortest ride in the park.
    While I agree that it would benefit from FP, it's not really feasible since there is only one queue. I can't think of any way to put in a FP queue unless they used the exit.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

it would be worth the trouble to build one. The line just makes the ride look poorly managed.

• Banned User

Peter Pan has Fast Pass at WDW. So do the other Fantasyland attractions, but Pan is the only one that badly needs it.

The lines at Disneyland are, indeed, ridiculous for such a short ride. I've had entire multi-day trips to DLR in which I didn't ride Pan once.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    The lines at Disneyland are, indeed, ridiculous for such a short ride. I've had entire multi-day trips to DLR in which I didn't ride Pan once.
    This is the reason that I'm a follower of the "Ride Peter Pan First" philosophy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    This is the reason that I'm a follower of the "Ride Peter Pan First" philosophy.
    Very wise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast