2 days in Calilfornia - Just Disneyland or both parks

Hey guys,

I've got two days in California (tomorrow and the day after) and wasn't sure on whether I should just go to Disneyland, or get a hopper and go to both parks.

Would two days be enough to get most of the stuff done at Disneyland and California Adventure Land, or would I struggle at Disneyland and hence just get a 2 day pass for there.

We won't be going on, or lining up for any of the real child rides or attractions, but I do plan on getting photos with quite a number of characters.

Thanks

• Minion

Re: 2 days in Calilfornia - Just Disneyland or both parks

Both parks. Don't be that guy who went all the way to California and didn't get a taste of both. If you're an early-morning kind of guy, you can definitely make your way to Cars Land in the morning and experience Radiator Springs Racers and take in the holiday magic there--which will be nice because you can say you did it in its first Holiday season.

That being said, one day at either park will definitely be a struggle to do everything, but it's certainly not impossible if you move quickly (not exactly an easy task after a while, especially if you want to soak in the magic). I think getting a taste of both parks will whet your appetite for another outing and will ultimately be more satisfying.

Both! Make good use of fast passes. Read everything online about that you can about it. We'll often go to one park get a FP, ride a ride, get a FP as soon as we can. Then hop over to the other park and do the same. California adventure you can get a FP at Radiator Springs Racers and still get another pass free. Then you can get one at Tower of Terror or Soarin Over CA as my suggestion. Then you can still get a FP at California Screamin for free too--off the grid. We'll often ride Toy Story Midway Mania right after getting a California Screamin FP. If it's warm enough you can also get FP at Grizzly River Run but you'll have to wait until your time window opens to get another pass. You can also get a FP at Grizzly River Run for the World of Color night time show if you choose to do that. Have fun!!!For some reason I can't add lines between, sorry. Anyway, another hint, get to the park AT LEAST an hour early. The bag check and entrance lines have been long lately.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

California Adventure Land made me giggle a little bit.

Two days is not bad. I think you could do everything you want in both parks within two days.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Definitely both!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Tegore View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got two days in California (tomorrow and the day after) and wasn't sure on whether I should just go to Disneyland, or get a hopper and go to both parks.

Would two days be enough to get most of the stuff done at Disneyland and California Adventure Land, or would I struggle at Disneyland and hence just get a 2 day pass for there.

We won't be going on, or lining up for any of the real child rides or attractions, but I do plan on getting photos with quite a number of characters.

Thanks
    in the begining pre-remodel of DCA you could do both parks in one day. no problem, but now that DCA has all the new stuff, entertainment, shows etc.. it's really hard to do both parks and do all the rides, shows, entertainment stuff in one day.DCA makes it a bit hard also as there is a lot to look at, like muppet 3D an the Animation buidling things like that, it's the little things that make it hard..

so i say do Disneyland one day and do fireworks and fantasmic,take your time in the park but utilize the fastpass system and your time and you can get the whole park in on one day , then do DCA the next day and see WOC and everything that DCA now has to offer.. don't miss the Aladdin show, it's pretty cool.. also the animation building and carsland..and take your time.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Two days is not bad. I think you could do everything you want in both parks within two days.
    WOW - I can't do everything I want to do in both parks in a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tegore View Post
    Even though I would recommend two parks for a two day visit, getting pictures with the characters can take longer than many attractions. There are lines - sometimes long and frequently the time is up for the character before you get up the front of the queue - thus wasting valuable time. Just be aware of this.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Minion

Get the park hopper you will regret not at least going into both parks. Carsland is amazing to look at. If you can get in early you can experience a lot more than sleeping in

I had a 5-day park-hopper when I went in August, and of my time regarding full days, I spent a full day in each park, and the middle day I hopped between both of them. Though in a sense, the Park Hopper does help when DCA closes at 11pm, and you don't want to leave just yet. So, just walk across the pedway to Disneyland, and hang out on Main Street for a little bit, or try to get in a quick ride or two before they close at midnight.

• World of Color

Go to both parks, now with Cars Land and the New California Adventure you would not want to miss it

• Nic

Only do Disneyland today - the parks are gonna be jam packed, and it'd be wise to stay in one place. Tomorrow, grab a park-hopper.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.