Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: The 1901 Lounge: The emptiest place in the park!

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    Club 33 members complaining about benefit and service cuts is the same problem as the AP holders complaining about price hikes and blackout days which is the same complaint as the visiting family complaining about the cost of the Turkey legs...see a theme?...all stemming from the same change in philosophy and all these problems affect all Disneyland visitors. Be careful not to discredit one segment's discontent.
    An easy assumption, but wrong. From the previous threads on this topic, it's clear that one of the main complaints of what Disney has done to Club 33 members is the insulting, underhanded way in how Disney did it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I went to Club 33 and 1901 for the 1st time in Oct, and my experience was completely different. Food was excellent (MUCH better than anything I have had at a Ruth's Chris), service was excellent and the staff was in a good mood.

1901 was empty (there were only 5 of us at one point) but the bartender was hanging out with out group, and it was relaxing. Just like club 33, the service was excellent, and the staff were incredibly nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    An easy assumption, but wrong.
    Sorry, I did not mean to trivialize the complaints for Club 33 members to the price hike of a Turkey Leg, but rather point out the systemic problem of Management putting profits before values and customer service which leads to many of the problems and complaints across all levels at the park.

I guess I'm not rich enough because I've never even heard of this 1901 club...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    Sorry, I did not mean to trivialize the complaints for Club 33 members to the price hike of a Turkey Leg, but rather point out the systemic problem of Management putting profits before values and customer service which leads to many of the problems and complaints across all levels at the park.
    Gotcha -- and completely agree. My apologies, I totally misread your post!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• At the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    I guess I'm not rich enough because I've never even heard of this 1901 club...
    Being rich is not a prerequisite to hear of the 1901 lounge. I assume many members of this forum that aren't rich have heard about it.

Smile Re: The 1901 Lounge: The emptiest place in the park!

What the Golds joined was the original C33, not C33 plus 1901. Therefore as 1901 was specifically created as a Platinum perk (one of many for which they pay substantially more), there's no reason for Golds to feel slighted. You want those perks too, upgrade. Don't care about them, stay Gold.

Generally I like the 2012 changes. 50@ per year parkhopper comps is a pretty good value for the C33 dues paid, and the really nice thing is that the compee doesn't have to dine at C33 anymore [which, while nice, is sufficiently expensive to cancel out the comped parkhopper]. Dropping that dining requirement also makes it much easier for members to make dining reservations when they just have that in mind.

Micechat rumor has it that the C33 NOS facility is going to expand this year, though C33 hasn't announced that yet. It would be nice if such an expansion included a 1901-type casual lounge for drop-bys who would like a quiet break from the outside. Right now members can access the Club only for dining reservations.
    ______
    Rachane

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    What the Golds joined was the original C33, not C33 plus 1901. Therefore as 1901 was specifically created as a Platinum perk (one of many for which they pay substantially more), there's no reason for Golds to feel slighted. You want those perks too, upgrade. Don't care about them, stay Gold.
    Micechat rumor has it that the C33 NOS facility is going to expand this year, though C33 hasn't announced that yet. It would be nice if such an expansion included a 1901-type casual lounge for drop-bys who would like a quiet break from the outside. Right now members can access the Club only for dining reservations.
    Linking your two comments together, there will be an even more exclusive (expensive) Diamond membership required to access the new lounge. (I hope my attempt at humor does not become reality)

A lounge would also provide a waiting area for the C33 restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    And yes, I'll probably renew for 2013...
    Wow. That'll show 'em. Or just make 'em chuckle as they continue to cash your checks in 2013.

1901 is amazing. There is a camaraderie, and it's a great place for members to meet each other. When members are on a tour and pop in with 10 people, it can get quite busy. I love having a nice lounge where members can get away and relax right in the heart of DCA. And all the members I know really enjoy 1901.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

Club 33 sort of has announced it as the expansion to the area above the French Market is an open secret, where the Club 33 wine cellar is housed, in addition to other stuff. It will be primarily a dinning room as the kitchen is going to be expanded during this five month construction project, some of the stuff might already have been worked on. This is the "big secret news" they alluded to in a mailer. Somebody hinted it will be themed to a jazz club.

I'm with you. I love meeting other members. I love ordering the usual while the bartender comments on missing us on our last visit. John Lassiter popped in the other night and united everyone at the bar with wonderful stories about a budding PIXAR. It is indeed a break from the masses, I recharge my phone as well as my spirit. This boutique bar is truly special. I cherish my little black card.

I get Disney is a business and am happy to support their magnificent efforts!
    Last edited by SparklingMare; 01-03-2013 at 07:05 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    . . . I am sad that you are so negative about this. . . I'm sorry you are so negative. . .
    I'm not.
    If I were I'd be on a different Disney site.

• Minion

I have been to 1901 once invited by a member. I loved it. I wish I had the money to join. I hope one day I get invited again to go. Might not be that busy however very peaceful.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It's now referred to a Holiday party... don't want to offend anyone with saying "Christmas".
    Any event that runs through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and almost Valentine's day CERTAINLY qualifies as a "HOLIDAY Celebration".
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast