Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The 1901 Lounge: The emptiest place in the park!

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I went to Club 33 and 1901 for the 1st time in Oct, and my experience was completely different. Food was excellent (MUCH better than anything I have had at a Ruth's Chris), service was excellent and the staff was in a good mood.

1901 was empty (there were only 5 of us at one point) but the bartender was hanging out with out group, and it was relaxing. Just like club 33, the service was excellent, and the staff were incredibly nice.

I totally agree, I enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and just walking around looking at the photo's that brought many feelings from my youth back, damn near cried and I never do that. I was fun see Uncle Walt happy and working, he was a brilliant man.

Marc

I too love the 1901. Loved the atmosphere, the deep history.. and just in general the feeling. Seeing Walt in all his glory!
    Cannot wait to return!

Thank you for your well written and informative post. I found it very interesting and I really did not know how much Club 33 has changed. I hope it gets better and they realize their mistake. Best of luck to you and have a great day. Thanks again!

• I'm really at the Met.

Despite an assurance that rates won't be "significantly" raised for several years, membership rates have been further increased this year.

Furthermore, intra-club rumors suggest that the number of VIP tours each member receives will be cut in 2014 (and/or a limit on the number of hours per tour, as certain members are demanding excessively long tours, which takes its toll on the guide).

The only way our club "representative" or whatever you want to call it has assuaged this is a promise of great things to come. Jazz club/Club 33 expansion without jacking rates would be nice...

Oh, and having visited 1901 with lady friends on numerous occasions, only ONCE has there been more than one other couple in the place (that day was just a couple days before Christmas, and frankly the place can't handle a load like that with the staff they had on hand.)

I'd like to know what they're going to do when NextGen arrives to preserve certain perks... if they'll do so at all.

I do believe he put Disney "On Blast" as they say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123